• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cracked.com's : The 7 Commandments All Video Games Should Obey

KevinCow

Banned
Did anyone else see this image:
repeat2.jpg

With the comment:
DAMMIT I JUST WANT TO FIND A SAVE POINT SO I CAN GET TO BED

And think, "The ship is only two rooms away from this room."

I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed that the game came out last August and I've already played it three or four times through and know the entire map like the back of my hand :/

Funny article, though most points have been touched on before, it was an entertaining read.

Also, this video, linked at the end of that article, is fucking hilarious.

BigBoss said:
The wrench was the best weapon in Bioshock.
No joke here, fellas. The wrench was easily my most used weapon in the game.

Just as Atlus
(Motherfucker Fontaine)
says: "Zap 'em! Then whack 'em! Remember, the one-two punch!"

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
#7 is bullshit.

How would you play MGS with two-player split-screen?

Just because some popular games have, it does not meant single player experiences should.

EDIT: Just finished reading the list. What a shocker, these guys are Wii fans.

jman2050

reilo said:
#7 is bullshit.

Just because some popular games have, it does not meant single player experiences should.

EDIT: Just finished reading the list. What a shocker, these guys are Wii fans.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to games which have online multiplayer but somehow don't have splitscreen multiplayer to go along with it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Rapping Granny said:
If anybody here that disagrees with the splitscreen/local multiplayer point I will shoot myself.
Splitscreen doesn't always work, but I don't know why LAN isn't mandatory if the game already has online multiplayer.

Rapping Granny said:
If anybody here that disagrees with the splitscreen/local multiplayer point I will shoot myself.

All games that have multiplayer should have splitscreen (for four players, not two! There is no excuse for anything to be limited to just two!) as well as online, but not all games need multiplayer, of course.

webrunner

reilo said:
#7 is bullshit.

MGS, a lot of it is watching it anyway, so having a second person on the couch is already multiplayer :lol :lol

(Note; I like MGS, I'm just saying)

Basically, I think that EVERY game, should have some way, even if it's just being interesting for a spectator, or a way for turns to work and make sense, should be something you can play with friends. RPGs are the only ones that really can't be, but not always (Look at the Tales of series, as an example). But virtually every genre has a way that if you were to play with someone else in the room, it could be made interesting.

The fact that they often don't- even when they put in ONLINE multiplayer - is sickening

Very good list, amazingly light on the cheap shots and shows the writers are actually gamers.

When did the Cracked become funny? This has never happened in all of history.

National Lampoon had its ups and downs, but Cracked was always synonymous with shit.

Top Bottom