• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot 4: Its About Time.

mortal

Gold Member
aVYALP2_700b.jpg

iorek21

So Wrath of Cortex is no longer cannon, huh? :messenger_pensive:

I was expecting a remake... really enjoyed that game

But okay, I'm excited for this one too

Jubenhimer

I am a bit sad if there is no PS5/XSX versiom but makes sense its ps4/x1 due to install base. Perhaps if this is good there will be a sequel. I need too see how this game looks like and I am pretty positive its BC with XSX.

I'm more baffled by the lack of a Switch version, considering the Crash, Spyro, and CTR remakes all sold well on it.

EDIT - Turns out there's a Tweet that teases Switch, PS5, and XSX versions too.
rYApBaq.jpg

Last edited:

YCoCg

Curious to see the direction this takes, VV got to spread their wings with the Crash Bandicoot 3 DLC level "Future Tense" which turned out to be one of the best levels in the game, felt like they were getting practice in, but to see a completely different studio helm this, hell not even the same team that did the CTR remake, which again got to spread their wings with the Crash history and characters, it just feels an odd choice. Let's hope they get Josh Mancell back for the music at least.

YCoCg

Now THAT would be following on if they can nail it well...

Crash 1: The Islands
Crash 2: The World (and Space)
Crash 3: All of Time
Crash 4: Different Dimensions

freefornow

I am a bit sad if there is no PS5/XSX versiom but makes sense its ps4/x1 due to install base. Perhaps if this is good there will be a sequel. I need too see how this game looks like and I am pretty positive its BC with XSX.
The cover of the Xbox version is marked with XBOX One and XBOX Series X

CamHostage

Curious to see the direction this takes, VV got to spread their wings with the Crash Bandicoot 3 DLC level "Future Tense" which turned out to be one of the best levels in the game, felt like they were getting practice in, but to see a completely different studio helm this, hell not even the same team that did the CTR remake, which again got to spread their wings with the Crash history and characters, it just feels an odd choice. Let's hope they get Josh Mancell back for the music at least.

I don't know where I got this impression, but I believe the Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob guys have a relationship, to my memory going back to even before they became Activision studios. They've traded off on some franchises over the years (Toys did a Tony Hawk game and now VV is doing the new one; VV did the GBA Crashes and the Spyro Purple/Crash Orange crossover, etc), and even as far as the most recent Crash N. Sane Trilogy game, Vicarious did the design but Toys for Bob was involved in many of the versions, while in the past, Toys for Bob was the lead and Vicarious did a lot of help work.

While the Future Tense content proved that Vicarious Visions was up for making a proper sequel, I think both companies have proven their skills and love in making games of this type,) and I'm expecting Crash to be in good hands.

The cover of the Xbox version is marked with XBOX One and XBOX Series X

Well, pretty much EVERY Xbox game will be marked with Xbox One and Xbox Series X going forward. I'm not even sure if this is Smart Delivery (if there is a difference in executables of BC versions versus "next-gen optimized" versions in the Smart Delivery system?) The box also is marked, "XBOX ONE GAME PLAYABLE ON XBOX SERIES X".

Last edited:

Zephir

If this is a sequel to the PSX games, it means no Crunch, no Nina, etc....right? Too bad, because I really wanted to have a playable crunch in a platform game, to go along with his "family"....oh well...

Let's hope the new Crash Bandicoot game is good, because last time somebody tried to revive a classic saga and slapped a "4" on it, it didn't end very well...

Cautiously optimistic. They certainly should know these games inside and out, so hopefully they have the creativity to make new and exciting levels while keeping the fun and character of the originals intact.

Shantae

Banned
Toys for Bob? I’ve never heard ofthem. Somehow I don’t think that bodes well for this game, but I hope it’s good.
They did Spyro Trilogy Reignited which was absolutely fantastic.
They also made the first 2 Skylanders games. Not sure if they did more after that. Vicarious Visions did Swap Force I know.

Edit: Looks like they did Trap Team, and Imaginators as well.

Last edited:

Codes 208

If this is a sequel to the PSX games, it means no Crunch, no Nina, etc....right? Too bad, because I really wanted to have a playable crunch in a platform game, to go along with his "family"....oh well...

Let's hope the new Crash Bandicoot game is good, because last time somebody tried to revive a classic saga and slapped a "4" on it, it didn't end very well...
Part of the issue with sonic 4 was they tried to drag and milk it as an episode series, and a super cheap xbox/psn arcade title at that. (Also you dont try to revive classic sonic games and replace the superior classic design with the done to death modern design.)

Relativ9

I'm down for a new Crash, but I want it to be built ground up for the new consoles. Also that cover is a bit :/

SALMORE

Finally ... Its about time we got a proper/ traditional sequel !! the developers had a lot of experience with the IP before so i hope they can deliver something new and exciting to this beloved series

Shantae

Banned
I feel like this subtitle was used for something before, but it's driving me crazy that I can't remember what it was.

Edit: right, I remember now. Plants vs Zombies 2 had it in it's title at some point.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Explains the "...pass the TIME" on the jigsaw box. Nice.

TLZ

Banned
I'm more baffled by the lack of a Switch version, considering the Crash, Spyro, and CTR remakes all sold well on it.

EDIT - Turns out there's a Tweet that teases Switch, PS5, and XSX versions too.
rYApBaq.jpg
I'm positive it'll be everywhere.

JordanN

Banned
Outside of loading times, would a PS5/XSX version really make a difference?

Graphics are the least of Crash's concerns, they need to match the gameplay of the original PS1 or PS2 era games first.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

They also made the first 2 Skylanders games. Not sure if they did more after that. Vicarious Visions did Swap Force I know.

Edit: Looks like they did Trap Team, and Imaginators as well.
Their biggest contribution in gaming are the Star Control games.

design looks kinda kiddish

like it's a learning-game type of game for little kids

and it's also available for xbox? lol

seems a bit weird since crash has always been like the poster boy for playstation

depending on what the actual gameplay looks like bring it to pc too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom