• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creating mashups with YouTube Doubler (DKC2 Swanky Swing + Bonus Intro — see note)

Neiteio

NOTE: For this to work, you sometimes have to refresh a song several times. Otherwise they may load out of sync.

I was listening to Swanky's Swing and Bonus Intro from DKC2 — two different takes on the same melody — when I saw a comment that said listening to both at the same time sounds good. So I looked up a site that could mash them together and found YouTube Doubler, and after delaying one of the two songs by 0.4 seconds so that they would align, I was happy to hear the sumptuous-sounding result: Check it out here (and refresh once or twice if out of sync).

I like how it sounds like a big band is playing it. You have the brass-heavy original mixed together with the piano breakdown from the game show. Nice!

Anyone else wanna take a crack at this and mix together two songs (from the same game or otherwise) on the website? Or any site that allows mashups, really. Just note it sometimes helps to delay one or both songs in order for them to align!

chadboban

Damn, that does sync up rather nicely!

Also HI NEITEIO! It's been a while. Hope to see some nice mashups in this thread. Come on GAF show me whatcha got.

chadboban

Oh, made one for Wing Ding from Tropical Freeze as well.

Also a bit of advice if you're having trouble syncing up. I'm using chrome but what i do is refresh the page, immediately go to another tab, wait for the tab to stop showing the loading sign then click back on the tab. In most cases that I've tried this, the videos begin playing at the same time upon clicking on the youtube doubler tab. Hope it helps.

Thread to be renamed David Wise Doubler.

Actually I tried my hand at Kirkhope, the Banjo games dynamic music seemed ripe for the thread, I thought I was onto something with Grunty Industries but it kind of goes off the rails halfway through and collapses by the end.
What have I done?

Top Bottom