• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creative Writing |OT| - Put it all on paper

Deft Beck

I saw that there were writing challenge posts in OT, as well as the yearly NaNoWriMo threads, but there wasn't a thread for creative writing in general.

So, what have you been writing lately? Your favorite genres, things you're having trouble working out? Has anyone here published anything?

Personally, I've been doing a lot of writing in this collaborative project called Project Vanguard. Every night I'm in an IRC channel working with other people in this universe and it's a lot of fun. We're looking for fresh blood, so PM me if you're interested and I can give you more details.

Otherwise, I'm mostly into sci-fi and supernatural fiction, doing prose and comic scripts. I have a story that's going to be in a webzine soon, so I'll post it when that's released. I'd like to think that I've been steadily improving over the years, but I think that I've been getting really spread out with all of my projects, whether I'm working with other people or not. I hope I can self-publish on Amazon some day.

So, what's up with everyone?

Shengar

Is this seriously the OT of creative writing? Why so empty? I'm pretty sure there are many people here that into creative writing :/

Damn, this is depressing. Where are my fellow writers?

Here's some content:
From an early age, I was an avid writer. When I was six or seven, I was already writing stories. It was a passion and a talent noted by every teach, friend, and family member. Then a few years ago, my drive and desire to write...just slipped away. For reasons I still haven't figured out, I lost my love to write.

Recently I started playing NEO Scavenger and that's been the impetus to get me writing again. I'm very exciting and exhilarated by my return to writing short stories again. I have a massive binder of outlines, ideas, first paragraphs, half started stories from years ago.

If anyone's interested, here is the link to part 1, part 2, and part 3 of my NEO Scavenger narrative:

As well as some of my older work (when I was 14-16). Any of them interest you the most? Which would you want me to continue? I've found that I work better with a focus and goal, and if people are interested, I'll definitely work on the ones people like the most

Descend
Just Another Day
Within
Sentries
Vivarium

Please feel free to comment, positive, negative, whatever. It's been so long since I've written anything that any and all feedback is valuable. One issue I know is that I tend go overboard with descriptions and adjectives. I'm a very visual writer, I see the scene in my head like a movie or image and try to transcribe that to words

Top Bottom