• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Donos

Lol I forgot all about it. How much was it worth at its peak? I never even bothered to look to see if it was on an exchange

Have 5100 ATS, at the peak this was worth 240 €. Last week it was around 50 €. Now blockfolio shows me 17 € :p

DrM

Redmond's Baby
NEO is really a puzzling thing... but I think that we will have to wait for concrete news from China to see how it will perform in future. Either moon or bust.

But I want to be a millionaire NOW!! ��

Go and buy a lottery ticket :p

Called a friend who fell into MCO fake news vortex and he is quite miserable today. At least his NEO stack eased some of the losses.

A live announcement might mean they're pretty confident with this news. I hope they don't look like goofs live. 2Bn market cap by next summer.

Yep this is exactly what I am thinking, they must be confident in what they have to do a live release and build this hype after all the trouble they had in the past. Some very large buy orders dropping in on Cryptopia too so someone is gearing up to fill their bags for this.

any thoughts on converting 50% of my ether to DigixDAO (DGD)? Seems to be a very stable coin lately with high potential considering their plans to launch the DGX token which will be backed by gold. This was one of the first tokens launched on Ethereum and I really believe in the project but not sure about how far out the Proof-of-Asset token is from being released. See more info here: https://digix.global/dgd/

Bandini

Office Depot cancelled my order for 6 RX 580s I put in a month and a half ago. Kinda steamed, was supposed to be delivered tomorrow

Wacha think? Buy now or see if the announcement actually crashes it further? Lol

Buy the rumor, sell the news is how it usually goes. I wouldn't hold past the news and would sell just before the announcement.

Edit: Speaking in the very short term. You can probably enter at a lower price after the news. I don't know anything about the coin/project to give an opinion on a longer hold.

gaming_noob

I wonder if it's a good idea to buy XBY now while it's under 2 cents, or should I wait till October 10th? Hmmm

I've been in their Slack for the last week and a half. Other than CCR (main marketer) the rest of the team seems pretty genuine and really wants to be transparent about what they can achieve. They're avoiding actual specifics until their "marketing Blitz" starts. Some of the regulars really believe xby will be a game changer, and think it'll reach 1-2 billion market cap next year... so about $2 - $4 per. I can't give advice because I only started crypto investing in August.

Edit: I know it's outrageous to go from 7M to 1B in a year for market cap.

Cipherr

Aww fuck. Fun is going to slow down for me.

"Chill with putting that money on your computer, we will be holiday shopping before you know it."

"I'm not putting it 'on' my computer babe Im investi, oh forget it."

DonMigs85

I've been in their Slack for the last week and a half. Other than CCR (main marketer) the rest of the team seems pretty genuine and really wants to be transparent about what they can achieve. They're avoiding actual specifics until their "marketing Blitz" starts. Some of the regulars really believe xby will be a game changer, and think it'll reach 1-2 billion market cap next year... so about $2 - $4 per. I can't give advice because I only started crypto investing in August.

Edit: I know it's outrageous to go from 7M to 1B in a year for market cap.
Yeah, maybe 100 to 250M is more realistic. If they get on Bittrex and Poloniex though, who knows

DonMigs85

Did anyone here get into Einsteinium? Seems to be doing well for itself, but their messy website with all its bad grammar and spelling turned me off.

Cipherr

Did anyone here get into Einsteinium? Seems to be doing well for itself, but their messy website with all its bad grammar and spelling turned me off.

I've been staying away from coins like that. I dunno though, with this ELIX, WTC and BAT Im thinking I should carve out a small part of my portfolio to play with these smaller coins. WTC was going to be one, but I missed it. When these smaller and newer coins go on runs they last days.

Brohan

It's crazy how much easier it is to hodl a dpos coin than a coin that doesn't give you anything for holding it.

Both ARK and IOTA really need to start doing something again after they have both dropped about 50% from their ATH but with ARK i don't mind being patient yet with IOTA i keep feeling the urge to just sell it at a loss and to just put it into something else.

There's just something about watching my stack slowly grow without having to do anything for it that is really satisfying.

Cipherr

And things are going green again. Right on time, my coinbase deposit is due in 10 hours. Everything should be nice and recovered by the time I wake up....

fml.
KuGsj.gif

Drifters

Curious, how are you guys inputing $ARK delegate shares within Blockfolio since its technically not a "buy or sell" scenario?

Looking for a coin with sub 50 million circulating supply and under $1 to invest in and get rich by tomorrow. :/

....none exist in the top 50 market cap.

Closest one is Nexus coin at $1.69 and 55 million circulating supply. Might not be a bad investment? It is trading at all time lows right now. Hmm.

hwateber

Looking for a coin with sub 50 million circulating supply and under $1 to invest in and get rich by tomorrow. :/

Closest one is Nexus coin at $1.69 and 55 million circulating supply. Might not be a bad investment? It is trading at all time lows right now. Hmm.

ViaCoin comes to mind. The developer is pretty active as far as I can tell. Looking at the charts, there are some pretty big intraday swings though but overall a trend upwards
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/viacoin/

Donos

There are a bunch in the TOP50 - 100 range, which also get mentioned here from time to time. E.g. I/Ocoin (IOC) has started their countdown. at least 1-2 weeks before countdown end, the price is probably going to rise. NAVcoin is another solid one. Going from TOP100 to TOP50 is probably not that hard though.

Crispy

Keeps getting better to buy more

I'll be buying more when it hits 2 euro's.

When I look at Bittrex now, I try to analyze the situation and think why it's going down like this. Is it just people panicselling for continuously lower prices or are there other factors in play?

Donos

I'll be buying more when it hits 2 euro's.

When I look at Bittrex now, I try to analyze the situation and think why it's going down like this. Is it just people panicselling for continuesly lower prices or are there other factors in play?

There's probably a bunch of them who bought in FOMO rush when ARK went to 3 and 3.5 € and also when it held pretty strong at the "red wedding". Waiting for my 200€ to clear tomorrow on Kraken to get some cheap alts. Maybe i'm going for 100 ARK instead when it stays around 2 €

After my lucky pick with elix last week, I'm putting some $$ into BLAS (blakestar). It's at 50 sats now. On the 10th of this month they'll launch an update that will turn the coin into PoS.

It's a shitcoin so if you get into this, sell half to recoup your initial investment and ride the waves with the rest. That's what I did with elix and that turned out pretty well for me.

I believe this will 2x in the coming week.

Cipherr

So, just some thoughts. One of my big coins that I hold (40% of my portfolio) is TenX. I believe in the potential of the project seriously, but the SEC has been taking aim at projects that are more securities than investments and targeting them. The part that matters is that Bittrex has started removing the coins that are 'securities'; and this can of course effect their trading price if Bittrex is a large % of their volume.

TenX does the vast majority of its volume on Bittrex which is worrying me. There's no doubt about the Tenx token in my eyes its definitely a securities type of thing. The coin has no use besides distributing the money once the card is widely adopted.

There's been no announcement from Bittrex that they are de-listing it or anything. Im just thinking about it because it would be consistent with how they just removed a few for that same reason.

Sulik2

This ARK pullback is still baffling. The team really needs to make an effort to get on some more exchanges to help combat major slides after whale manipulation.

Top Bottom