• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

PolishQ

Wow, GAS (which you can earn by holding NEO) is blowing up too; $2.40 a week ago and $15.37 today. It's not on Bittrex yet, though.

Brandson

I probably shouldn't have bothered, but I picked up 1 ETH trading a portion of my stack with these small movements this afternoon.

NEO about to test .006, GAS is on it's way to testing .005

It's not looking like today unfortunately. Every time it starts testing .006, back down we come. I so wish that we could just sit at a stable price and consolidate for a bit, because I fear when the drop comes it could be a hard one even though looking at a few charts $13-14 could be the bottom for now.

EDIT: It just keep trying to fight that .006, just interesting to watch.

Donos

Bittrex with that funky withdrawal fees again.
First that high ANS/NEO fee (which they now have reduced) but now i saw that the withdrawal fee for XEM (NEM) is 15 XEM no matter the withdrawal amount -_-

It's not looking like today unfortunately. Every time it starts testing .006, back down we come. I so wish that we could just sit at a stable price and consolidate for a bit, because I fear when the drop comes it could be a hard one even though looking at a few charts $13-14 could be the bottom for now.

EDIT: It just keep trying to fight that .006, just interesting to watch.

Just hitting .006 right now, lets see what happens

Edit: Blowing past it

Sulik2

I had Ether prefork on Gdax. I thought they converted to ETC and I lost the ETH at the fork.I just realized they were still in my GDAX account their UI just sucks and I missed seeing them. I am a rather happy camper now.

Donos

Just made one GAS today in my wallet lol. Should probably sell it instantly. Quick 25 bucks... 140 % (1d), 840 % (7d) lol... damn.

I bought into NEO two days ago, what a rollercoaster ride so far.

This has been one wild rollercoaster for sure. I've been in NEO since beginning of July and it has been quite fun and stressful at the same time watching this go up and down, vice versa. I wonder when the pullback will be coming, I'd like to add some more at a bit lower price. LOL!

The whole market looks like it is starting to head back into its old days of Wednesday into the weekend of Red.

DonMigs85

Is DGB rendered pretty much useless by Bitcoin integrating SegWit? Or is there still room for it to grow? I transferred to XRP hoping it reaches at least 30-40 cents again soon, then might consider buying back into DGB.

Is DGB rendered pretty much useless by Bitcoin integrating SegWit? Or is there still room for it to grow? I transferred to XRP hoping it reaches at least 30-40 cents again soon, then might consider buying back into DGB.

I got rid of mine too, ended up making $30 off of it which wasn't bad since I didn't put much in. It just didn't seem like it was going anywhere and it seems to have a large amount of coins. I transferred mine to Neo which paid off.

DonMigs85

I got rid of mine too, ended up making $30 off of it which wasn't bad since I didn't put much in. It just didn't seem like it was going anywhere and it seems to have a large amount of coins. I transferred mine to Neo which paid off.
I just hope we don't regret it lol. Some experienced crypto traders in a Facebook group I'm in as well as other forums say DGB is in a cycle and may rise again towards the end of the month. So I'll see if my XRP rises by this time next week.

I just hope we don't regret it lol. Some experienced crypto traders in a Facebook group I'm in as well as other forums say DGB is in a cycle and may rise again towards the end of the month. So I'll see if my XRP rises by this time next week.

What are they predicting it to rise to and any kind of developments that would cause it to rise? What was it's ATH?

I was reading some things on SAFEX coin which is supposed to have a new wallet out next month, could be one of those sleeper coins worth jumping into.

DonMigs85

What are they predicting it to rise to and any kind of developments that would cause it to rise? What was it's ATH?

I was reading some things on SAFEX coin which is supposed to have a new wallet out next month, could be one of those sleeper coins worth jumping into.

They didn't give specifics, but they said to watch XRP the next few days then DGB in the last week this month. Will try to ask them for more details.

I was looking into that SAFEX coin too, the devs were getting a real pounding on bitcointalk. Also wondering if XBY is a good buy now despite its shady past

They didn't give specifics, but they said to watch XRP the next few days then DGB in the last week this month. Will try to ask them for more details.

I was looking into that SAFEX coin too, the devs were getting a real pounding on bitcointalk. Also wondering if XBY is a good buy now despite its shady past

I had some XBY but since they weren't moving I put them into DGB. As I see it, they might have some valid tech uses in the future but as of now the whole thing stinks and CCR (one of the guys of the team) is a huge asshole. I might buy some again though, just to hold and wait.

Donos

loool, still had ANS / Antshares in Blockfolio app but just read that somehow it's not showing the the actual/correct price of NEO. Deleted it and added the same amount of coins as NEO and now my Portfolio is 1k € worth more... well, i take it.

Didn't notice this earlier since i have everything set to Euro in Blockfolio but coinmarketcap is usually set in $ but are to lazy to look up the conversion rates every time...

The Rizza

loool, still had ANS / Antshares in Blockfolio app but just read that somehow it's not showing the the actual/correct price of NEO. Deleted it and added the same amount of coins as NEO and now my Portfolio is 1k € worth more... well, i take it.

Didn't notice this earlier since i have everything set to Euro in Blockfolio but coinmarketcap is usually set in $ but are to lazy to look up the conversion rates every time...

Were yours not showing up as NEO? Mine converted automatically from ANS to NEO

Donos

Nope, and that happened to others too (reddit). Some got it solved with syncing or adding/withdrawing from it in Blockfolio but mine didn't

The Rizza

The climb is crazy. It's so interesting to watch though. Really wish I bought more when it was im the 4-5 range, as does everyone else I'm sure lol

Donos

The climb is crazy. It's so interesting to watch though. Really wish I bought more when it was im the 4-5 range, as does everyone else I'm sure lol

When it's at 300 $ like ETH, people will say "damn, wish i bought in when it was cheap 30 $" :)

And it's still only on Bittrex in regard to big exhcanges.

I had grabbed a nice chunk, but I am kicking myself for not buying more or going all in at that range. This rollercoaster ride is just insane. I bought in some more yesterday at $19 range and I kept thinking what am I doing, this is just not a good buy.......yet here we are the next day and it is up by $10. I think where the price is at right now, it will face some hurdles to get over $30, unless I am wrong.

I was reading on the Reddit thread that DASH did the same as it went from $15 to $80 overnight and there was no stopping that train till it settled at $200.

Donos

Heads of NEO have a trip to Tokyo atm. With conferences and meetings. Discussing tech etc. Maybe that mysterious GAS rise too.
Don't know what else beside the usual whales/insiders etv.

They have a conference in Tokyo atm. Discussing tech etc.

Here you go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6ssfx1/neo_meetup_in_tokyo_august_10th_2017_2100h/

ARXdeH3IKyl8jPTLjkbGPuidXEfkyRduVlxg3htb8DA.jpg

The Rizza

When it's at 300 $ like ETH people will say "damn, which i bought in when it was cheap 30 $" :)

And it's still only on Bittrex in regard to big exhcanges.

I had grabbed a nice chunk, but I am kicking myself for not buying more or going all in at that range. This rollercoaster ride is just insane. I bought in some more yesterday at $19 range and I kept thinking what am I doing, this is just not a good buy.......yet here we are the next day and it is up by $10. I think where the price is at right now, it will face some hurdles to get over $30, unless I am wrong.

I was reading on the Reddit thread that DASH did the same as it went from $15 to $80 overnight and there was no stopping that train till it settled at $200.

Insane! Hahah. That's what makes it so hard, is it gonna shoot to ETH/Dash levels or is there gonna be a correction after this rise right now? Time to ask the 8-ball!

Insane! Hahah. That's what makes it so hard, is it gonna shoot to ETH/Dash levels or is there gonna be a correction after this rise right now? Time to ask the 8-ball!

LOL! Let us know what the magic 8-ball has to say.

I keep expecting a correction, but what is happening is we halt at a price range with this and then it consolidates for a short period and then boom, takes off again.

I personally want a slight correction, I am itching to buy more, but at these prices I worry will it drop big time even though I am a holding for the long term.

Yeah, in know, spent the last days on reddit/bitcointalk/internet tied to my coins instead of doing my work at the office....

And the pic of the meeting is early. It filled up to 100 people.

Yeah, the guy took it when he got there and people are giving him a bunch of shit for it saying that there is nobody there. People can be something else.

I've been doing the same at my office, doing work and then also keeping an eye on this stuff. I even brought my cell into a meeting yesterday to just keep an eye. LOL!

EDIT: Holy mother.......it is now pushing for $30 after a slight pause.

ty_hot

My money was credited in the Kraken account (3 working days since the transfer), quicker than expected.
I wanted to get some ETH but I dont think it will keep going up in the near future so I will wait a few days for it to (hopefuly) go down.
Bought some bitcoin and ripple. Maybe getting some Dash as well. lets see how it goes. I dont plan to day trade even though I will check dayly how things are doing.

Brandson

Whats causing the NEO rise?

It appears that the rise is based on the belief that because NEO is from China, that Chinese companies and the Chinese government will adopt it over other more mature options. I personally believe Chinese companies would be more likely to just use Ethereum like everyone else though. If I'm wrong, I'm ok with that. I suppose sometimes it makes sense to ride what the market believes though, even if you don't agree with it, provided you keep your eyes open about it.

Brandson

Thanks for the detailes response Brandson. I might hold some assets eventually, but I'll be out once I have hit $50k. I'd like to start my PhD and need some cash to go on a trip and have a less miserable life as a student haha

Talking about registration, it reminded me of what I had been wanting to ask for some time. I had created an account at Kraken which I never had used, and then about a month ago, almost at the time that BTC had hit a low, I received a couple of emails from them saying that my acco aunts had been verified, once to tier 1 and then to tier 2, meaning that I could wire money and stuff too... it's weird, right? Cause I never uploaded my ID or anything to their website

My general understanding of the market right now is that unless BTC and Ether are hit with a major correction, there will be a major increase in the whole crypto cap and prices will go up all across the board. There is too much momentum in too many coins. XRP going up 50% can move the whole market by itself, now there are quite a few others with already large markets Dash, IOTA, ZEC, BCH, to name a few

If ETH hits my target, I'll be looking to cash out to pay for my kids' tuition in 15-20 years. I might also splurge on an absurd 4k projector for my home theatre, but otherwise it won't make that big of a difference to me. It would become more of a safety net than anything, and I would transition it over to the safer parts of my portfolio. I would however start considering retirement if ETH hits something like $10000.

I don't believe you need to submit documents for Tier 2 on Kraken. That is needed for Tier 3, which I needed to do before I could do much of anything, not being from the US. I got Tier 4 verification too, which was actually faster than Tier 3. Tier 4 only took about 2 days and they didn't question me at all. Tier 3 took around a week, when I did it, while Tiers 1 and 2 were same-day for me. I've found their support to be pretty good overall. They need to fix their order system though. Sometimes orders don't get placed, or cancelled, on the first attempt. That is really frustrating.

Price increases across the board are likely over the next couple of months, yeah. I still only plan to invest in crypto that I believe in both technologically and based on future developer and business adoption potential.

Brohan

My coins aren't doing too hot.. DGB keeps going down and the same counts for SC but don't think that im going to sell them. Will hold and see where they end up in a couple of months.

Only coin i have that's doing decent atm is ARK.

OMG is going crazy right now.

Brandson

Microsoft just announced the Coco framework, making it easier to build distributed ledger systems for enterprise, integrated with a private Ethereum blockchain, showing performance of 1700 transactions per second, a very significant 100x improvement over the current performance of Ethereum:

https://www.coindesk.com/coco-revealed-microsoft-jpmorgan-demo-new-blockchain-boosting-tech/

http://www.ibtimes.com/microsoft-announces-groundbreaking-blockchain-innovation-coco-framework-2576625?amp=1

I think this is pretty big news, which benefits Ethereum.

Top Bottom