• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis = OMG! :O

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
BTW, are there any downsides to running Crysis under 64-bit Vista? I'm going to dual boot my new machine (XP 32 and Vista 64), but I plan on running Crysis under Vista.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
dark10x said:
BTW, are there any downsides to running Crysis under 64-bit Vista? I'm going to dual boot my new machine (XP 32 and Vista 64), but I plan on running Crysis under Vista.

I think you still take a pretty nasty performance hit with Vista 64.

urk said:
I think you still take a pretty nasty performance hit with Vista 64.
It actually runs better in 64 bit than 32bit (though not as good as XP 32 still). I dont know the difference but it isn't as large as between vista32 and xp.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
MickeyKnox said:
Visual aid.

Uncharted:

6lbsknn.jpg

Crysis:

6tuvltf.jpg

Just saw this. :lol Foxy Knoxy wins.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Crysis looks amazing. *drools*
One day I'll be able to run it in 1920x1080 maxed out with 4xAA & 16xAF @ 60fps on my big ass HDTV, but I don't know when that day will be. :/

Also, the Uncharted trolls in this thread are just fucking pathetic. Sure it doesn't do everything that Crysis does, but I still give credit where it's due to ND for creating one of the best looking console games to date. Both games are awesome and should be played imo.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I wish there were PC racing games on the horizon that look this good :(

the game looks great, but still demonstrates there is a massive gap between this and reality visually...its a big step in that direction, but nothing like the selective comparison screens. Not bitching, because I think it looks VERY good, but it seems the closer games look to reality, the more you notice they are not there yet. Another thing that gets me is every time he grabs a guy it animates exactly the same, expression etc, a bit uncanny

nelsonroyale said:
the game looks great, but still demonstrates there is a massive gap between this and reality visually...its a big step in that direction, but nothing like the selective comparison screens. Not bitching, because I think it looks VERY good, but it seems the closer games look to reality, the more you notice they are not there yet. Another thing that gets me is every time he grabs a guy it animates exactly the same, expression etc, a bit uncanny

Well, yeah we have a long way to go in terms of specific facial animations, and details, all depending on the dynamics of the situation.

But I grew up playing Sega genesis...and this stuff just amazes me. We are progressing very quickly in my eyes.

I hope Far Cry 2 tops this game, especially in the destructible environment department, since that aspect adds a lot to gameplay IMO...and I want to see more of this in the future.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Just pulled the trigger on an EVGA 8800gt 512, an OCZ StealthXStream, and a new Antec P182 (Fucking SEX). Newegg is running a $30 sale on the case with a $50 mail-in rebate.

So anywho, gonna be picking this motherfucker up soon.

OMG! :O

Top Bottom