• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Warhead teaser site launched!

-SD-

Banned
Hmmm... Crytek uses the same site for Warhead as they used for teasing Crysis. Let the speculations begin :D

http://www.crysis-thegame.com
http://www.crysisthegame.com

b239af3.jpg

Source: http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=659

zoku88

I didn't know this game existed...

What's this supposed to be, a console port? PC sequel? No one knows?

voltron

Speculation: It will be optimized to run on 2012 machines.... meaning most PC gamers wont get a chance to see it in action before the end of the world as we know it.

Console gamers will be playing it early 09 however.

Kyoufu

My money is definitely on an expansion pack for the PC version AND the console versions (which will include the original and warhead in one).

Probably an expansion, would fit in with the cancellation of the latest almost finished patch with the apology by Crytek saying they had a good reason and people would be happy when they find out why.

1-D_FTW

He's probably referring to the fact it didn't sell to many consumers (Initial shipments don't help an install base.) An expansion pack to Crysis would have very limited sales potential.

That said, original poster isn't an executive at Crysis or EA. So why should he care? He wants a non gimped expansion pack to one of the greatest FPS ever made. And so do I.

1-D_FTW said:
He's probably referring to the fact it didn't sell to many consumers (Initial shipments don't help an install base.) An expansion pack to Crysis would have very limited sales potential.

That said, original poster isn't an executive at Crysis or EA. So why should he care? He wants a non gimped expansion pack to one of the greatest FPS ever made. And so do I.

Found this on Wikipedia:
"According to the July 2008 PC Gamer UK issue, Crysis has sold over 3 million copies to date."

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hopefully this one is optimized for Quads and releases this year. Sadly the original campaign will never be patched.
830920 said:
Found this on Wikipedia:
"According to the July 2008 PC Gamer UK issue, Crysis has sold over 3 million copies to date."
I traced that rumor but it seems to be fake.

critch

Banned
From what I heard/understand, It did indeed sell over a million to stores. However, actual sell-through to consumers was incredibly low considering, around 100,000. So if that's true, then this has to come to consoles.

Makes perfect sense to me. The whole advertising push was about how systems now can't run it...so most people that aren't the hardcore are going to wait years from now until it's $20.

PC gaming isn't dying, as the Crysis creators were stating. Maybe spending millions and millions developing for an incredibly small hardcore market is dying, and that's a good thing.

Ariexv

critch said:
From what I heard/understand, It did indeed sell over a million to stores. However, actual sell-through to consumers was incredibly low considering, around 100,000. So if that's true, then this has to come to consoles.

Makes perfect sense to me. The whole advertising push was about how systems now can't run it...so most people that aren't the hardcore are going to wait years from now until it's $20.

PC gaming isn't dying, as the Crysis creators were stating. Maybe spending millions and millions developing for an incredibly small hardcore market is dying, and that's a good thing.
Digital Downloads.

I really hope that if this is an expansion, they have some more urban modern like areas. The few bits in Crysis looked amazing and while the island looked amazing, I did want more different areas on the engine.

Awntawn

Yes please to expansion. Yes-er please to sequel. Anything for more Crysis content. This game is so awesome, I was showing it to my friend the other day to show him how beautiful it was and ended up re-wowing myself. Eventually I ended up taking over the controls and leaving my friend to watch me play 3;

Nikorasu

I would be nice if they reworked the engine to be a little more attractive/optimized at low detail levels for consoles, but remained just as pretty for those of us who can rock it on dx10.

Just sayin'. No reason you can't have both...

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
EXPANSION LETS YOU PLAY AS PSYCHO ALTERNATE VIEW ON STORY!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

PSYCHO IS BADASS

NEED GAME

Onemic

critch said:

EA said they sold 1 milion copies, not shipped. So unless they lied through their teeth, they indeed sold a million copies worldwide to consumers.

BobsRevenge

onemic said:
EA said they sold 1 milion copies, not shipped. So unless they lied through their teeth, they indeed sold a million copies worldwide to consumers.
Plus they got a lot of money from Intel and Nvidia for development because they want people to upgrade.

Onemic

BobsRevenge said:
Plus they got a lot of money from Intel and Nvidia for development because they want people to upgrade.

Hopefully they actually make the game playable on older GPU's, so not as many people will go out and pirate the damn thing.

zaidr

onemic said:
Hopefully they actually make the game playable on older GPU's, so not as many people will go out and pirate the damn thing.

Wouldn't that mean more people would pirate it, further skewing the perception of PC gaming losing money to pirates, when in reality the people pirating would have never bought the game in the first place...

BobsRevenge

zaidr said:
Wouldn't that mean more people would pirate it, further skewing the perception of PC gaming losing money to pirates, when in reality the people pirating would have never bought the game in the first place...
Cannot be proven and most likely false.

Onemic

zaidr said:

?

The reason a whole ton of people pirated crysis was that they thought it probably would play like shit on their PC's. "hat's the point of buying a game if there's a good chance it won't run on your PC? might as well pirate it and see how it goes." This was probably their line of thinking. By making the game more accessable to people on a wider range of GPU's, it makes it a lot less likely that these same people will pirate the game again, since they know fully well that it will run well on their PC's.

Top Bottom