• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek Employee Resume: RYSE Moved To "X-Box Next Gen"

TheOddOne

What makes you think so?

Sure, there are the Ruffian job ads (http://www.ruffiangames.com/jobs) where it reads "Experience of major middleware - Unreal Engine - CryEngine or equivalent" but it does not necessarily mean their next game is using CE3. You see that requirement in a lot in game dev job ads.
Nintex is talking about the recent linkedin profiles that note that Ruffian is working with the Cryengine.

Source
Designer on Unannounced Multiplayer project XBOX 360
Planning and design of multiplayer modes
Design of multiplayer arenas to suit gameplay mechanics using Word and Sketchup
Creation of Multiplayer Arenas in CryEngine Sandbox Editor 3
- Terrain Creation
- Texturing
- Intelligent prop placement

Source
2011 Unannounced XBLA/PSN arcade project / Microsoft Game Studios
2010/11 Unannounced project / Microsoft Game Studios

Since Crackdown 2 I have had the opportunity to improve my skills with game engines and various software packages. I have worked with designers to block out and develop a multiplayer map for a first person melee combat game based in the CryEngine. This involved starting with bare bones geometry and colour schemes to define the structure and flow of the level. I was also in charge of giving the level a distinct visual target using both pre-made assets along with my own buildings and props. The level was finalised and tweaked to run at a smooth frame rate on a 360 console for testing and further revision.

More recently I have worked towards several game pitches for publishers which required me to create high quality buildings, props and materials to present for an unannounced XBLA/PSN title. This gave me the chance to create more realistic modern day American architecture and take advantage of the latest CryEngine tools and materials to develop a strong artistic piece. I have also took part in a small team based project outside of work in my own time to both improve my skills and help create the roots of a working game title.

BurntPork

Banned
There is some serious misinterpretation here.

It says pushing boundaries of next-gen platforms, how can you fully exploit hardware that isn't even out yet ?
They're clearly talking about this gen. He worked from jan 2011 to july 2011

It's PR talk. The NG3 devs were talking about pushing Wii U as far as they could with NG3, despite the fact that a port obviously can't do that.
in before arguments that it can

Looks like the next Xbox really is coming next year.

Xbox 360 was unveiled in May and released in November same year.

Considering the increase in rumors/news I believe the next xbox will be unveiled sometime in spring(latest at e3) and released in Oct-Nov 2012.

EDIT:
Also, it will be 7 years since x360 was released.

Just... No. They have Halo 4 coming out in September/November, they're not going to release a new console then.

2013 at the earliest.

The potential of Kinect is probably limiting what it can do on the Xbox 360. I expect a 2.0 Kinect to be built into every next gen. Xbox. The latter part of 2013 will be the latest for the new system with the earliest being Fall of 2012.

I think the drought of exclusives in 2011 could be a sign of being prepared for the next generation. Halo 4 might also be a move much like Nintendo did with Zelda and have it come out on both systems. It is supposed to be a all new start to the franchise so what better way than to shift it to the new hardware.

scitek

Was this ever posted here? Crytek lost another senior member last week, this time to Red 5 Studios.

Laguna Hills, CA – December 9, 2011 – Red 5 Studios™ announces its newest addition to the “tribe”, former Crytek team lead, Ury Zhilinsky. As Senior Graphics Programmer, Ury is the latest AAA developer to join the studio’s talented team – which includes former WoW, Tribes, and MAG developers.

Ury brings more than 10 years of experience, including leadership and development roles at Crytek, Germany, where he was Senior R&D Graphics Programmer and R&D Manager. He specializes in next-gen engine development, having worked on Crysis 2 and the world renowned, CryENGINE 3.

“We’re still a relatively small team here at Red 5 Studios because we’ve been very selective when choosing ‘tribe’ members,” said Red 5 CEO, Mark Kern. “It’s not just about talent, it’s about what happens when you put together a group that shares the same commitment to quality, community, and fun. Ury’s skill and experience make him an asset that any team would be happy to have, but it’s his development philosophy that makes him a fit for the ‘tribe’.”

Red 5 Studios is currently recruiting top programmers. It’s looking for the best and brightest to work on its first blockbuster undertaking, Firefall, and an unannounced new project based in cloud server technology, Stage 5.

Top Bottom