• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Since The Void is one of my favorite games in recent memory, I'm trying to get myself to finally play Pathologic. First step: Steam grid icons :D

iCUnwTz6nxZyx.png
i3ePN4cmv2Bk4.png

ibmiNg4And2D3N.png
isQBKRkzJYa6m.png

(yeah it's a grim, disturbing game alright)

Is it weird that I want to play this game now because of these cool icons?

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it weird that I want to play this game now because of these cool icons?
First, thanks!

Second, yes, you are a very weird person :D

Third, I'm just gonna throw an excerpt from the game's readme so you know what you're getting into:
1. To become acquainted with the simulator

"Pathologic" is the initial game prototype of first person simulator, where you have to spend 12 days in the town contaminated by unknown disease. The fate of the town and your own life depends on your decisions and actions.
The environment supposes the absence of scientific and technical progress, primitive level of social development. The disease and disease-fighting methods are conditional. The simulator is first of all oriented on the mechanism of sound decision-taking.

First, thanks!

Second, yes, you are a very weird person :D

Third, I'm just gonna throw an excerpt from the game's readme so you know what you're getting into:

There was a super interesting write up of it somewhere (though kind of spoilery if you intended to play the game.)

It's definitely on my bucket list of games to play some day.

zkylon

zkylewd
There was a super interesting write up of it somewhere (though kind of spoilery if you intended to play the game.)

It's definitely on my bucket list of games to play some day.
Yes, RockPaperShotgun's "Butchering Pathologic" series. I want to play the game first, but the rough translation is killing it for me. I'm focused on beating it this year, so I might give it a shot after I'm done with Saints Row: The Third. I really wish someone did a good Let's Play about it.

sounds weird, me likey
If you haven't yet, I recommend giving The Void a shot first. It's got a great translation, it doesn't look like shit (like Pathologic does) and it's just as interesting and weird.

Darktalon

Hello! Can someone please link or make 3 banners, 1 for each Fakefactory's Cinematic Mod Episode for Half-Life 2?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Reinstalled some GOG games over the weekend and took a few icons from here, good stuff dudes. Noticed an unfortunate lack of this beast though:

iSsDVqQ6AsEv7.png

haikira

A few i made for myself earlier. Probably going to make some more PS2 ones soon.

Front Mission 4
untitled-117xc9.png

Fatal Frame 3
untitled-296bei.png

Resident Evil Code Veronica X
untitled-3pzzec.png

Alan Wake
iNgzjIXO7oLtW.png

Battlefield 3
iyUVTgf9Pobio.png

Botanicula
iBxXKXxslL2u2.png

Company of Heroes
ibl2HgIK2NGHGt.png

Counter Strike: Global Offensive
ibmvqZ9wDR6tAo.png

Dear Esther
iPwP4ccFGdGa2.jpg

Diablo III
i7xcd923h8mzF.png

Dota 2
i3842UXZ0gT3X.png

F1 2011
ibcquQu7F5vjWB.png

Half-Life 2
i59vJiKw0J5W5.png

L.A. Noire
ibvs1XLnZaUPD1.png

Max Payne 3
ibxtc4tIGMOHnd.png

Portal 2
ibbZu1xmYIKkF7.png

Project CARS (credits to Darkdeus)
irev4UmVh1Tju.png

Skyrim
iP79QJP7vKGil.png

Sniper Elite V2
ibxxfEOH9z2pkg.jpg

Monkey Island
i1QcFmdawX6dM.png

Super MNC
ikolUnBiX1VWR.png

Splinter Cell Conviction
ixfxpm3kFoxFQ.png

The Witcher
ibnE7UvaYWPAqn.png

Glix

I can fix my SAM AND MAX season 2?

I honestly don't use grid view because the six Sam and Max icons look like such shit.

Wow.

Thanks you SO MUCH

haikira

Found out about this game earlier. It's handy as a laxative.

Made a quick picture for it, if anyone wants it though.

Slender
untitled-1cgkxg.png

EDIT: Made another grid picture, for another creepy as hell game.

SCP Containment Breach
untitled-1vbybp.png

Firebrand

Quick and dirty in Paint.net:
jbamYYRWjkAZKS.png

Not sure what sandviches has to do with betas, but couldn't find a better TF2-related blueprint. I'll keep looking.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Made these using what I could find on Google. Not very good, but I hadn't seen these games posted yet.

Ys: Ark of Napishtim
iAG3I5xTaYTeU.jpg

Xanadu Next
i1IEnojesxuJK.jpg

Could hardly find anything for that game. Even a decent logo. Fortunately I found this picture and just used it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not true. I tried it earlier in this thread and they stayed in Steam without problem. I decided to keep a folder with them anyway because I don't trust Steam not to glitch out and delete them all like when it does that to categories.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not true. I tried it earlier in this thread and they stayed in Steam without problem. I decided to keep a folder with them anyway because I don't trust Steam not to glitch out and delete them all like when it does that to categories.
Yes, this. I'd rather not take any chances with Steam.

Top Bottom