• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Next Xbox Event scheduled for April 26th

MS showing how much they care about Sonys early reveal...

l.jpg

Add Steve Ballmers face to it and you'll have a winner. Lol

Yeah, I think drawing correlations between how MS thought of the Sony event, and the timing of this to be really illogical.

Even if they did think the Sony event was really really really really impressive, do you actually believe they would have their event in near proximity to it? It would be too obvious that they were simply reacting.

Let's use our thinking caps people.

pswii60

Bolded for emphasis:

If there is any changes done, it's not shown in the current spec leaked documents that we have now. That type of change would have happened already and would have been super internal like the PS4 RAM switch.
I think he was joking.

Bolded for emphasis:

If there is any changes done, it's not shown in the current spec leaked documents that we have now. That type of change would have happened already and would have been super internal like the PS4 RAM switch.

The Oban thing? I don't trust in Charly...

Reiko

Banned
hmm, rumors was that the ps4 ram in leaked docs had it being 4gbs while durangos always been 8gbs. I think sony swapped it when they got wind of what MS was doing. That would make since.

But of course, people here would want to believe sony got this ram locked up and would say MS bit off of sony.

That makes absolutely no fucking sense.

Remember, MS was always at 8GB.

The makers of Killzone 4 did not know the PS4 would get 8GB RAM.

It was a top secret switch that somehow passed on to Edge Magazine.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I'm not sure I trust Edge's rumor. I almost think they got it by coincidence. Edge also said that Sony was telling developers it was trying to double it to 8gb; every other source insists no developer had any idea.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
So much for MS reacting to the PS4. Guess they really wasn't impressed.

Or they were so impressed they decided to delay their showing in order to put together an event that they felt would be able to match what Sony showed.

:)

Too many insiders said that the Durango reveal would be much earlier than what is becoming apparent.

That makes absolutely no fucking sense and all specs apart from the out of the blue gddr5 indicates they are on par GPU and CPU wise. Troll less.

Actually rumors do not indicate that they are on par.

PS4's GPU is rumored to have roughly 600 GFLOPS more performance, & 100% more ROPS.

PS4 using only 512 MB of RAM for OS, while Durango uses 3 GB, and 2 CPU cores.

And we have one rumor that says Durango has a 100 GFLOP advantage in CPU performance.

Reiko

Banned
I'm not sure I trust Edge's rumor. I almost think they got it by coincidence. Edge also said that Sony was telling developers it was trying to double it to 8gb; every other source insists no developer had any idea.

When I first heard the rumor, it sounded ridiculous since 4GB GDDR5 was already good enough. Maybe Edge got lucky with that one.

ari

Banned

This is why i believe 720 have 8gb of gddr5. Why would you have a showcase of developers showing off product and not inform them about a hardware change. Makes no sense.

Miles X

Or MS delayed because they want to give Sony a fighting chance.

No, I'm not being serious, god you fanboys really do shine a light on yourselves don't you. Both events were probably dated last year, it doesn't mean anything.

Biggzy

This is why i believe 720 have 8gb of gddr5. Why would you have a showcase of developers showing off product and not inform them about a hardware change. Makes no sense.

There is zero chance of Durango having GDDR5 memory. Microsoft have invested a lot of R&D and silicon engineering their way out of DDR3's lack of bandwidth.

ari

Banned
Or they were so impressed they decided to delay their showing in order to put together an event that they felt would be able to match what Sony showed.

:)

Too many insiders said that the Durango reveal would be much earlier than what is becoming apparent.

I would love a link to those apparent insider sources that said that.

especially when microsoft said they are waiting for sony to make the first move.

Wow so Microsoft is basically forfeiting GDC to Sony for next gen talk. Strange move, I thought for sure they would announce at or before GDC. And this announcement is only a couple of weeks from E3, weird.

Edit: don't know why I said a couple of weeks to E3, it is more like 6. Still GDC is bound to have a lot next gen talk and that talk won't be for the next Xbox.

MS won't have to worry about a Sony event between their reveal and E3 that could steal some momentum. After GDC it's going to be all MS until E3.

Kinda far away. Gives Sony a solid two months all to themselves here to hype the PS4 without being compared to the 720. Then E3 is only a month after the Xbox event and Sony will be able to steal some of that thunder back.

Should have done it in March.

gaming_noob

If 8GB DDR3 was always the intention of MS and their devs have been working with 8GB RAM, then we can expect the graphics to blow us away, even after watching the Killzone Shadow Fall video.

TriGen

Like I said, I'm excited. Yet I still feel like E3 is where it will really be at. Just because Microsoft is waiting until closer to E3 that doesn't mean they won't want to save something. I think we'll hear about Kinect, the console, some features, see a few third-party things and even see a first-party game or two, but I still don't think we'll see any true awesome exclusive game megaton until E3. Whether it be some surprising third-party exclusive, new IP or some franchise revival, the best game announcements will be at E3.

Don't get me wrong, as a guarenteed tri-console owner every generation I was hyped for Sony's event (enjoyed it) and I'm hyped for this (expect to enjoy it), but what gets me going the most is exclusives and I think any "wow!" exclusive will be saved for E3.

artist

Banned
Maybe MS will show how the console looks like and Sony will do it later at E3. So in the end, MS really went first.

Top Bottom