• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk patch 1.61 ads FSR 2.1 to PC and next-gen consoles

Larxia

That would be great for platforms like the Steam Deck
Would it really? Stuff like this only seems to be decent when it's applied on already high resolutions. If you try to use FSR on 1080p it will looks pretty bad, since the native image upscaled from will be even lower res, with probably not enough informations for a good result.

The only good application I could see for the steam deck, or lower res screens in general, would be to use something like DSR to run the steam deck in a resolution higher than its native resolution, but use FSR to reach that target, instead of using it to reach the native resolution (in the case where you want higher image quality but without too much performance cost, like just keep the native rendering the same, but use FSR to go above, to only get improvements instead of downgrades).

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
  • Fixed the issue with temporary FPS drops when exiting menus.

Thank the fucking gods! I had to stop my last play through because of that. Every single time I entered and/or exited any menu the frames would drop to sub 10 for like 7-8 seconds. This was massively annoying.

Puscifer

I know how it works. It was just wishful thinking. You know, going back to the days when consoles were convenient.
You could disconnect a PS5/PS4 and play games and never touch the Internet and have the convenient consle you're looking for honestly lol.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Consoles have never had a machine learning anti aliasing / upscaler put in place system wide for all games.

And consoles are probably more convenient than ever with Quick Resume, remote play, ample accessibility options, Smart Delivery, etc.. etc..

All depends what's convenient for you. To me, consoles were convienet when I could just pop in the cartridge / CD and play the game. No installs, no patches, no settings to mess with. But I also understand the appeal of functionality that you listed.

You could disconnect a PS5/PS4 and play games and never touch the Internet and have the convenient consle you're looking for honestly lol.

Hard to do when almost every game shipped now is broken out of the box! Not so convenient if you ask me.

Puscifer

All depends what's convenient for you. To me, consoles were convienet when I could just pop in the cartridge / CD and play the game. No installs, no patches, no settings to mess with. But I also understand the appeal of functionality that you listed.

Hard to do when almost every game shipped now is broken out of the box! Not so convenient if you ask me.
What's broken to you? You'd be shocked going back and playing a lot of games your nostalgia goggles have blinded you think are bug free or aren't filled with slow down. I thought the slowdown in onimusha as a kid was supposed to be there till I played the remaster and it wasnt lol

Ev1L AuRoN

Would it really? Stuff like this only seems to be decent when it's applied on already high resolutions. If you try to use FSR on 1080p it will looks pretty bad, since the native image upscaled from will be even lower res, with probably not enough informations for a good result.

The only good application I could see for the steam deck, or lower res screens in general, would be to use something like DSR to run the steam deck in a resolution higher than its native resolution, but use FSR to reach that target, instead of using it to reach the native resolution (in the case where you want higher image quality but without too much performance cost, like just keep the native rendering the same, but use FSR to go above, to only get improvements instead of downgrades).
I mean, it got to be better than FSR 1.0, it is a temporal solution, from what I've seen it was a good improvement over the FSR 1.0 even at 1080p.

Spyxos

Gold Member
So put at least RT Reflections on consoles, you cowards

Putting only RT Shadows was infuriating

On my 3060 I can play it with all RT features, including RT lighting on Psycho at 40 FPS, so surely they can do better than this with FSR 2.1
Rt cost is way higher on amd cards. Probably won't happen.

I remember it looking pretty good before the update but now it's definitely sharper the image seems cleaner in performance mode PS5

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
What's broken to you? You'd be shocked going back and playing a lot of games your nostalgia goggles have blinded you think are bug free or aren't filled with slow down. I thought the slowdown in onimusha as a kid was supposed to be there till I played the remaster and it wasnt lol

Nostalgia goggles, dude 90% of my playtime is on games from the 90s.

Let's face it: consoles become more and more inconvenient and PC like over the years. There's no denying it. (and at the same time PC became way more convenient... there's very little difference between the 2 now)

MGR out, enough of this off-topic.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Do we have exact date when expansion coming out? maybe after I’m done other games I want to do 2nd playthrough before Phantom Liberty drops in.

Last edited:

MikeM

Patch installed.

Close up of an NPC Gaming PC Ultra

lWLoHTh.jpg
What about tits tho? For science…

Larxia

I mean, it got to be better than FSR 1.0, it is a temporal solution, from what I've seen it was a good improvement over the FSR 1.0 even at 1080p.
Hm, I don't know I tried it on Spider-Man and RDR2 in 1080p, and while it looks convincing when not moving, you can definitely see some weird fuzzy outline around the characters in motion. It also really didn't improve gpu usage that much for me, maybe a 10% difference.

Bragr

Banned
The FSR raised my FPS by 20 and gave me considerably better image quality. Great stuff.

But I thought they fixed most of the graphical nonsense in this game. You still have too many flickering object edges, an absurd amount of pop-in, NPC's with hair going through their clothing and floating above the ground as they are walking around, and you still have all the distance rubbish. I expected this to be addressed at this point.

Ev1L AuRoN

Hm, I don't know I tried it on Spider-Man and RDR2 in 1080p, and while it looks convincing when not moving, you can definitely see some weird fuzzy outline around the characters in motion. It also really didn't improve gpu usage that much for me, maybe a 10% difference.
Sure, but the alternative is FSR 1.0. Any improvement is welcome, and it is also running on a small display.

Mr Moose

I am not really ready to let them off the hook. I got the game for like $10 during one of those Target sales last year and I still feel like I got ripped off. The controls are some of the worst, and no amount of tweaks/changes that you make to them make it feel less like you're controlling a laggy tank. On top of it, I went the PS4 to PS5 upgrade path, yet my PS5 still wants to download the PS4 version of the game in addition to the PS5 copy.
Use the "play" disc.

Ivan

Nice.

Finally the consoles are starting to benefit from FSR 2. Would love to see DF/NX/VGT take a crack at this.

And I think this is the way to do it on conoles, just turn it on by default and let users have a better experience.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
The FSR raised my FPS by 20 and gave me considerably better image quality. Great stuff.

But I thought they fixed most of the graphical nonsense in this game. You still have too many flickering object edges, an absurd amount of pop-in, NPC's with hair going through their clothing and floating above the ground as they are walking around, and you still have all the distance rubbish. I expected this to be addressed at this point.
it raised minimum fps by 20? no way dude .....what gpu you got?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Idk what this means

Better IQ and/or performance on consoles by using high quality reconstruction from a lower resolution. It looks as good as native and frees up resources so you'll have less frame drops etc.

Ideally.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nostalgia goggles, dude 90% of my playtime is on games from the 90s.

Let's face it: consoles become more and more inconvenient and PC like over the years. There's no denying it. (and at the same time PC became way more convenient... there's very little difference between the 2 now)

MGR out, enough of this off-topic.

What's inconvenient about it? You install the game, you play it. You might have a few graphics modes to choose from, but that's pretty much it. You don't have to care about any of the other features the console might have. Still WAY more convenient than PC gaming, where you have to deal with different stores and launchers, manage drivers, configure the game just right for your setup, etc.

If you're talking about games being patched (and in cases like this released before they're done), that's a consequence of game development and the games themselves being literally thousands of times more complex today than in 1990. Plus greedy publishers. And it doesn't change the fact that consoles are still a lot more convenient than PC gaming (and even more convenient than retro gaming in some ways).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
lol-laughing.gif

On topic: I forgot that I deleted the game... Reinstalling it now (80%). It's taking so long with my shitty internet. Can anyone confirm that DLSS3 is included in this update? I don't think it's mentioned in the patch notes (or maybe I'm blind).

Yeah, because you neeever hear people recommend that you install a specific driver to make a certain game work optimally or anything.

Good job not actually answering anything I wrote too!

Crayon

Heck yeah. I really liked this game and I'd like to run through it again on pc, maybe with some mods. This will give my gpu a huge boost.

-Zelda-

Banned
PS5 question: I noticed that my nail polish disappears when using mantis blades, but switching to a normal weapon shows the nail polish. Is this a bug of some sort? I can still see the nails in mantis blades mode, but they are flesh colored as if I never put it on her.

Bragr

Banned
Why you playing with FSR on a 2060 tho?

Use DLSS and you'll have more performance and IQ
I don't really know too much about the differences between the two.

This was more just to test FSR, I don't notice too much of a difference to be honest, except that the FSR is creating some really ugly particle effects around stuff like smoke with its image sharpening and some random increase in flickering on some objects.

Guilty_AI

Yeah, because you neeever hear people recommend that you install a specific driver to make a certain game work optimally or anything.
First i heard of this, at least anywhere in my last ten year memory span.

Most i've seen is people rolling back drivers if some specific driver breaks some game, though that sort of stuff quickly gets patched out usually.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Rt cost is way higher on amd cards. Probably won't happen.

I don't understand this logic. RT reflections for Rift Apart accounted for 10% of total frame budget (3ms/frame for 30fps mode). Metro Exodus has RTGI/60fps implementation on consoles. So developers can't blame the hardware. It's ultimately an issue of priority, and in such cases, gamers have a right to disagree with developer priorities.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
First i heard of this, at least anywhere in my last ten year memory span.

Most i've seen is people rolling back drivers if some specific driver breaks some game, though that sort of stuff quickly gets patched out usually.

Yeah, I mean stuff like that. But there are also drivers for specific games now and then, that you pretty much need to update to to play it well. Anyway, my point was just that you don't need to bother with that on console, in response to the guy who said console and PC gaming are about as convenient these days. They're not.

(But obviously PC gaming has other advantages.)

Top Bottom