• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - New Album? Renoma Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
Couldn't find a thread, omg?

tumblr_m5sz9x3x8k1rxm2hko1_250.gif

The Daft House said:
Basically we’re about to get a new album. It’s been leaked by Tsugi magazine that the track ‘Renoma Street’ is coming out on the 21st of July. For the album this song is presumably off, Daft have been collaborating with Panda Bear, Nile Rodgers, Paul Williams and Giorgio Moroder to name a few. So far Daft Punk haven’t revealed anything officially, and others have said they want a press blackout until the album is out. I think (and this is just my opinion) that it has something to do with how Human After All was leaked so early prior to release, and of course that album is so different to anything they did before it, so all their fans said it was fake. That would have sucked for them. But, on the quality of this album, for anyone whose worried they won’t like the new album, to quote Nile Rodgers: “That shit is AMAZING.”

The Daft House said:
As if 21/7 wasn’t news enough, we now have news on a possible live Daft Punk performance.
Daft Punk live at Freak Out! Montreux Dance Party, hosted by Nile Rodgers.
The party is taking place as part of the Montruex Jazz Festival. Have a look at the official website for the event:
http://www.ticketcorner.ch/tickets.html?fun=evdetail&affiliate=MJF&doc=evdetailb&key=741966$2175676
“…2 VERY SPECIAL DJ’S”
Hmm..Who could that be referring to?

The Daft House said:
tumblr_m5k93epQmv1ruabizo1_500.png

Okay everyone, prepare yourselves. We have a release date for ‘Renoma Street’. Tsugi magazine (the magazine responsible for the leaking of the Renoma Street title and existence,) editor Patrice Bardot tweeted
“What are you doing this vacation #renomastreet”
To which a Tsugi reader replied
“what’s an indication of when it will be released”
and Patrice’s reply?:
“21/7”

There you go. The 21st of July, 2012. After 7 years, we now know when the next Daft Punk studio album is out. At least, some kind of release. Renoma Street may be a single, or a song the same name as the album.

http://thedafthouse.tumblr.com/

But will it get a Matsumoto movie!?

Even if it doesn't I'm all over this. Homework and Discovery were gateway-drug albums for me and electronic music.

Nyx

Better be true, and they better start touring soon so I can go mad trying to get a concert ticket >.>

No it didn't
Human After All did

Any track that wasn't on Homework sucks.

Better ? ;-)

The new direction they went in from Discovery onwards cost them a lot of fans, surely they got a new bunch due to it as well, but for me Discovery was probably the biggest musical dissapointment ever for me. (followed by Cypress Hill's ''rock'' era)

crispyben

Wow, that's weird to see that magazine's name on GAF, I've worked for Patrice and the gang on and off in the last 9 years. They're not the kind to hype something fake, they're the real deal. However, that July 21 date could also be the day they release their summer issue.

7aged

So are they going to be in Montreux or not?

This is what they have on the website:

Produced by
NILE RODGERS
&
MARK RONSON
With special performances by

CHIC
Featuring
NILE RODGERS
MARK RONSON
ALISON MOYET
CERRONE
GROOVE ARMADA
MARTHA WASH
TAVARES
TAYLOR DAYNE
ULTRA NATÉ
and VERY SPECIAL DJ's
SCARLETT ETIENNE, DJ FELIX DA HOUSECAT

Makes it sound like Scarlett Etienne and Felix da housecat are the "special DJs"

Nyx

Not sure if serious, but they became truly big after Discovery. And no, no Daft Punk album "sucks". That's crazy talk.

I'm very serious, listen to Homework, then listen to Discovery, it's not even the same genre....

And that they became truly big after Discovery says nothing about their music, as most people have horrible taste.

gdt

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. We've heard small tidbits for awhile, hopefully it's out before the end of the year.

Please tour in the US. I'll see you in Philly so hard.

Kccitystar

New DP album? HELL YES. MY BODY IS READY.

ibziIBoZTqQXVh.gif

They've been spending a lot of time with disco/italo-house guys for a while (Moroder, Rodgers, etc) so maybe we'll hear something similar to Discovery material. I do wish they got back to that raw Homework sound though.

For the record, Alive 1997 > Alive 2007.

ReaperXL7

oh damn this would be fantastic, my real hope though is that if they put out a new album that they will go on tour, I'd love to see them live again. One of the best shows i've ever seen personally.

Fox Mulder

oh damn this would be fantastic, my real hope though is that if they put out a new album that they will go on tour, I'd love to see them live again. One of the best shows i've ever seen personally.

It is a life goal of mine to do that. I know they won't come around here, so I'll have to make a big trip out of it.

Sigma722

Awesome news!

I had heard rumors that it was coming this summer, and thought they might end up coming back to lolla, but obviously that didn't happen.

Really want to see these guys!

bomma_man

There's a pretty strong rumour that tgey're coming to Australia at the start of next year, so there's a strong chance I'd say.

Edit: actually it's not as strong as I thought. Still!

Linius

If they bring a new album they will tour again. Can't imagine they won't do a promotion tour for the new album. Too bad it won't be this summer since I'm going to the Rock en Seine festival in Paris. Would have been nice if they booked them, but I don't see that happening anymore.

Aptly named Discovery was my gateway into Daft Punk and electronic music in general. I enjoy Homework but Discovery will always hold a special place in my heart.

Pumped for a new album! Hope they go on tour here in the states!

Don't fun up the thread with hating. Homework and Discovery were great, and Alive 2007 and the Tron: Legacy soundtrack were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom