• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney): screenshots, NicoNico Chokaigi events

L~A

What to watch right now: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv215803825

First, The NicoNico Chokaigi events. There's actually quite a bit of things taking place between April 25-26th, so here's a planning and some links.

Monster Hunter 4G and Dai Gyakuten Saiban Channel

April 25th: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv215803825
April 26th: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv215804068

April 25th

013z5u0g.jpg

1) Monster Hunter 4G & Dai Gyakuten Saiban

– Japan: 12.50PM to 1.30PM
– Europe: 5.50AM to 6.30AM
– UK: 4.50AM to 5.30AM
– North America (East): 11.50PM (April 24th) to 12.30AM
– North America (West): 8.50PM to 9.30PM (April 24th)

2) Dai Gyakuten Saiban

– Japan: 3.30PM to 4PM
– Europe: 8.30AM to 9AM
– UK: 7.30AM to 8AM
– North America (East): 2.30AM to 3AM
– North America (West): 11.30AM (April 24th) to 12AM

(The first one in the pic is just about the Real-life Escape Room game).

April 26th

1) Dai Gyakuten Saiban

– Japan: 11AM to 11.30AM
– Europe: 4AM to 4.30AM
– UK: 3AM to 3.30AM
– North America (East): 10PM to 10.30PM (April 25th)
– North America (West): 7PM to 7.30PM (April 25th)

2) Monster Hunter 4G & Dai Gyakuten Saiban

– Japan: 12.50PM to 1.30PM
– Europe: 5.50AM to 6.30AM
– UK: 4.50AM to 5.30AM
– North America (East): 11.50PM (April 25th) to 12.30AM
– North America (West): 8.50PM to 9.30PM (April 25th)

Capcom TV Channel (special stage shows)

April 25th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPUqK_sd54 / http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv215807703

1) Dai Gyakuten Saiban

– Japan: 1.50PM to 2.30PM
– Europe: 6.50AM to 7.30AM
– UK: 5.50AM to 6.30AM
– North America (East): 12.50AM to 11.30AM
– North America (West): 9.50PM to 10.30PM (April 24th)

April 26th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhEyGkaxQfk / http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv215807805

1) Dai Gyakuten Saiban

- Japan: 1.50PM to 2.30PM
- Europe: 6.50AM to 7.30AM
- UK: 5.50AM to 6.30AM
- North America (East): 12.50AM to 1.30AM
- North America (West): 9.50PM to 10.30PM (April 25th)

Finally, there's a stage show on April 26th, with Naruhodou Ryuunosuke's voice actor. It's on yet another channel, though.

Link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv217597443

1) Europe: 8AM
2) UK: 7AM
3) North America (East): 2AM
4) North America (West): 11PM (April 25th)
5) Japan: 3PM

I know it can be confusing (still not 100% sure about all the times myself), but I'll try to keep the OP updated when NicoNico Chokaigi starts, so that you can know where to go.

Countdown for the first event:

t1429933800z0.png

Two things today... starting with new screenshots, yay!

Source

Tizoc

GAF
I have observed the evidence and images given to us.
I am confident that the MURDER IS NONE OTHER THAN
THE WAITER!
THE WAITER DID IT!

Mendrox

We will get this game for sure. We got Layton vs. Wright and also Dual Destinies... Please guys - era doesn't matter in that case.

Kysen

Something about the character design in this series really sits well with me. I loved the last game and I'm in day one for this.

Can't wait for the English version.

sskpM23.png
The way they bend over backwards to shoehorn in western explanations for clearly eastern concepts is hilarious but also very sad. The Yokai village reasoning was too much.

And like curry to gravy? Noodles to hamburgers? Etc, etc. So silly. Like, OH NO! CURRY!! WHAT AN UNHEARD OF DELICACY!

*apollo_hamburgers.jpg*

L~A

The thing is, unless they do a massive retcon, they're stuck with the American setting they chose.

Anyway, countdown for the first livestream:

t1429933800z0.png

Lusankya

005uxb42.jpg

Wow, the waiter looks so guilty in this screenshot. Typical "glasses suddenly become opaque for no apparent reason to indicate character is evil AND cool at the same time" anime trope.

I love it!

The way they bend over backwards to shoehorn in western explanations for clearly eastern concepts is hilarious but also very sad. The Yokai village reasoning was too much.

And like curry to gravy? Noodles to hamburgers? Etc, etc. So silly. Like, OH NO! CURRY!! WHAT AN UNHEARD OF DELICACY!

*apollo_hamburgers.jpg*

At this point I wouldn't have it any other way. It's part of the fun now. The rival Japanese villages just outside LA was hilarious.

FluxWaveZ

At this point I wouldn't have it any other way. It's part of the fun now. The rival Japanese villages just outside LA was hilarious.

Indeed. Japanamerica is part of Ace Attorney's localized identity now, and I like it.

Doesn't mean DGS has to be set in America, though. They didn't write themselves into a corner when the game is set nowhere near the events of the main AA series in terms of timeline.

GSR

005uxb42.jpg

Wow, the waiter looks so guilty in this screenshot. Typical "glasses suddenly become opaque for no apparent reason to indicate character is evil AND cool at the same time" anime trope.

I love it!

My favorite theory I've seen on this guy is that he's a de Killer ancestor. On the one hand I hope they actually exercise restraint on the ancestors, but on the other it would be perfect Wright bad luck for his first case to go up against a de Killer.

L~A

Is the DeKill line old enough to appear in this game?

Anyway, going to try and record the stage show. Hope stream quality won't be "too" bad.

GSR

Is the DeKill line old enough to appear in this game?

Anyway, going to try and record the stage show. Hope stream quality won't be "too" bad.

Are you grabbing YouTube or NicoNico? I was planning to record as well. I've also got NicoNico on timeshift to go back and grab it later if need be.

Indeed. Japanamerica is part of Ace Attorney's localized identity now, and I like it.

Doesn't mean DGS has to be set in America, though. They didn't write themselves into a corner when the game is set nowhere near the events of the main AA series in terms of timeline.

Oh definitely. For this one it'd be odd for them to do.

zogged

Don't know how they did it, but they seriously one-upped the visuals of Dual Destinies. Every new screen looks even better than the last.

L~A

Are you grabbing YouTube or NicoNico? I was planning to record as well. I've also got NicoNico on timeshift to go back and grab it later if need be.

Sorry for not answering earlier, but damn PC just froze 2mn before it started, so didn't even get to answer. : /

GSR

How'd your recording come out, L~A? Mine's fine video-wise, but the audio quality's not the greatest for some reason.

EDIT: Ah. Well, slightly muddy audio is better than nothing. I'll upload it soon.

L~A

Hmm... audio is fine for me. At least, the same as during the stream.

Anyway, cool bit of gameplay. I wonder if they'll show more in the next segment. And I presume tomorrow's stage show is going to be the same gameplay-wise, right?

GSR

Usually second-day shows at these events are repeats, so I don't imagine we'll get much new. (Though it'll be Ryuunosuke's VA instead of Takumi.)

Also, the next segment (starting ~50 minutes from now) will be showing court footage from case 1.

L~A

Ah cool, I'll count on you for that one, as I'm going to try and record the Mario Maker Game Center CX special, and there's no timeshift for this one. Starts at 30mn before the DGS segment, but I doubt it's only going to last 30mn so I'm probably going to miss a bit of it.

Edit: ugh, realised something was wrong in the recording... Ah *redacted* it, I'll just go with your upload.

GSR

Second show is done. Showed off a lot about the first case, including two new characters via the Court Record. Both could be considered spoilery, so if you want to go in clean, you may not want to look (though it could be they provide full info on these characters when they update the site on Monday.)

A relative of Susato's, professor at Yuumei University and Asougi's mentor. Text is too small to read his first name.
The victim,
John H. Watson, a visiting doctor from London.

So do you when your upload of the stage show will be ready? :)

First one in about twenty minutes; second one a little while after that.

L~A

Second show is done. Showed off a lot about the first case, including two new characters via the Court Record. Both could be considered spoilery, so if you want to go in clean, you may not want to look (though it could be they provide full info on these characters when they update the site on Monday.)

A relative of Susato's, professor at Yuumei University and Asougi's mentor. Text is too small to read his first name.
The victim,
John H. Watson, a visiting professor from London.

First one in about twenty minutes; second one a little while after that.

Hmm? Did they say the website would be updated on Monday?

Anyway, thanks in advance for the videos :)

GSR

Hmm? Did they say the website would be updated on Monday?

Anyway, thanks in advance for the videos :)

Yep. They mentioned on Twitter that the info from this weekend would be added Monday. Only question is if that includes the story details from the stream, or if they just mean the various promotional tie-ins and stuff like the voice actor announcements.

Also, correction:
Watson is a medical doctor, not a professor.

Lusankya

The victim,
John H. Watson, a visiting doctor from London.

I am sure many people will be happy about this. Not that this person is dead, but that they're in the game at all.

So Iris Watson is his daughter (I assume) and not a female, 8 year old John Watson version.

Top Bottom