• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

But yeah I've likely sabotaged any trust people had for me because I rushed and went off my faulty memory rather than double checking. But I truly believe that Crab had scrumread Rest during my posts on this page, and I hope people will believe that and keep it in mind.

Hagi, I still do not trust Crab. Me offering to vote for you is/was purely to break a tie because No Punishment is awful.

Sawneeks

Banned
I still don't feel strongly about this but seeing as the two major options are down to Rest and Hagi I feel like going with the lesser of the two evils.

Vote: Hagi

If Hagi ends up being Town I'm going to very seriously consider Crab and kgtrep as Mafia. Until then, let's see how this goes.

this is why I really like mafia, to be honest.

Best part of the game is right before voting when everything is crazy and fingers are being pointed in all directions. It's great. :D

a dogwhistle is a message designed to be understood exclusively by certain people. You said something that makes me think you are Hope.
I still discourage everyone from disclosing their roles, but I believe I am in a unique position to reveal my role title. It would have been better to wait until Day 2, but I think it will be okay if I go early. I am the Super High-School Level Lucky Student! I was pretty stoked to get a power role, but then I started playing the video game and found out I'm the main character. CzarTim's nickname for me is Mak. Well...

MAKoto NAegI

I'm going to come back to this post, only because I have very little else and it just immediately rubbed me the wrong way. He's spent the entire day so far emphasizing that people should not come out as PRs, then does that very thing when he was barely on the line and there was plenty of time left for votes to change.

Honestly I feel like this post is a bit of a trap. Coming out as a PR automatically paints a giant target on you. Unless his PR gives him some sort of immunity to NKs or something, it's as anti-town as you get. I feel like it's also a trap for other reasons:

1. People who have PRs that might have been voting for him will see the title and think "hey, that sounds like mine!" or something. This is primarily if we have Hope and Despair versions of the same PR (e.g.: Hope and Despair switchers, for instance). Their backing off (which would likely be done with little or no explanation because other PRs would want to avoid outting themselves) might give Despair some idea who the Hope PRs are.

2. MAKoto NAegI

I mean, I don't really believe in coincidences. I can't be the only one that see this as something sketchy?

I know Makai is pretty much in the clear for the day and voting is unlikely to switch heavily in the next 10 min, but I have to:

[hightlight]Vote: Makai

I don't get scum tells from Hagi or Rest, even if a couple of Rest's posts rubbed me the wrong way. I can't in good conscious vote for them just because they're the front runners. And if I'm wrong about Makai, if Despair murders him and he turns out to be Hope aligned, well, sucks to be me I guess.

SalvaPot

Hagi, if you have something to say for yourself, say it now.

Also someone asked (I can´t remember who and I forgot about it, and right now I dont have the time to go back and look) what would I do if I have the chance to force a tie, I´ll rather not. it just gives the chance for another player to hammer the vote in another direction, I´ll rather everyone would vote for no-lynch instead, but I can see there really is not merit in trying to convince everyone since I know most are set on lynching.

CzarTim

ok, I reread hagi and I get it. But it really rubbed me the wrong way that rest kind of ignored my comments on him and stonewalled the conversations every time he showed up

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
ok, I reread hagi and I get it. But it really rubbed me the wrong way that rest kind of ignored my comments on him and stonewalled the conversations every time he showed up

Okay, Czar, you have 9 minutes to save Hagi's life. Persuade me.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
t1438815600z4.png

50 ppp or not, here you go.

Pau

I'm going to come back to this post, only because I have very little else and it just immediately rubbed me the wrong way. He's spent the entire day so far emphasizing that people should not come out as PRs, then does that very thing when he was barely on the line and there was plenty of time left for votes to change.

Honestly I feel like this post is a bit of a trap. Coming out as a PR automatically paints a giant target on you. Unless his PR gives him some sort of immunity to NKs or something, it's as anti-town as you get. I feel like it's also a trap for other reasons:

1. People who have PRs that might have been voting for him will see the title and think "hey, that sounds like mine!" or something. This is primarily if we have Hope and Despair versions of the same PR (e.g.: Hope and Despair switchers, for instance). Their backing off (which would likely be done with little or no explanation because other PRs would want to avoid outting themselves) might give Despair some idea who the Hope PRs are.

2. MAKoto NAegI

I mean, I don't really believe in coincidences. I can't be the only one that see this as something sketchy?

I know Makai is pretty much in the clear for the day and voting is unlikely to switch heavily in the next 10 min, but I have to:

I don't get scum tells from Hagi or Rest, even if a couple of Rest's posts rubbed me the wrong way. I can't in good conscious vote for them just because they're the front runners. And if I'm wrong about Makai, if Despair murders him and he turns out to be Hope aligned, well, sucks to be me I guess.
I think people are just waiting to see if Makai is telling the truth or not. That might be what he's aiming for, but we can always get him later.

Ty4on

I was planning on voting on Rest like the rest (heh), but then this happens.

I've tried to go through the old post, but I haven't been able to confirm my suspicions on CornB. I trust Crab more though. I have not been able to look through all of Crab's posts in detail, but the posts I remember of him seemed trustworthy. It's also risky for a Mafia to have this much stuff to read.

Regarding CornB the one thing I'm suspicious about is him only mentioning three players when there were more on the same page attacking Makai (notably Czar). Then again Crab seems to skim Rest, possibly because he is too silent.

kingkitty just seems too crazy to be mafia. Like Blarg or Karkador.

I couldn't solve kgtreb's puzzle, but he seems hope to me.

Hagi... Posts seem vague, but could be new. DEFEND!

For the record, I don't exactly scumread Hagi other but because a few specific people decided to waste three days grand-standing, we've got stuck at the point where only a few small people can feasibly be voted for and I townread Hagi the least out of that group. If people want to do a last minute Barrylocke surge, I'm cool with that.

For the record, why are you considering me a possible surge candidate?

Hagi

Hagi, if you have something to say for yourself, say it now.

Also someone asked (I can´t remember who and I forgot about it, and right now I dont have the time to go back and look) what would I do if I have the chance to force a tie, I´ll rather not. it just gives the chance for another player to hammer the vote in another direction, I´ll rather everyone would vote for no-lynch instead, but I can see there really is not merit in trying to convince everyone since I know most are set on lynching.

It doesn't seem like there is a lot I can say for myself that will change things with so little time. Most of you agree that you don't get strong scum vibes from me but have jumped on the bandwagon anyway because of fear of no punishment.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus christ Hagi has 8 votes what in the fuck how did that happen

Sawneeks

Banned
I think people are just waiting to see if Makai is telling the truth or not. That might be what he's aiming for, but we can always get him later.

It's the same thing everyone is doing to KingKitty and Goshu: wait and see what happens and go from there.

Kalor

2. MAKoto NAegI

I agree with you on this though I have another reason why it is a weird post.

kgtrep

I still don't feel strongly about this but seeing as the two major options are down to Rest and Hagi I feel like going with the lesser of the two evils.

If Hagi ends up being Town I'm going to very seriously consider Crab and kgtrep as Mafia. Until then, let's see how this goes.

Best part of the game is right before voting when everything is crazy and fingers are being pointed in all directions. It's great. :D

Like I had told A Human Becoming (#842), who is now gone, I firmly believe that everyone should vote for what they think is right. Please don't pin this on me.

franconp

Taking a short break from meeting. Can we trust that Makai is town-aligned though? We know there is another ultimate lucky student in DR2.

Spoilers man. I haven't played the second yet. Come on.

Actually I need to bring something up. NOW.

My initial thoughts on Makai

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173943459&postcount=545
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173943639&postcount=546

When I (apparently correctly) surmised Makai was a Hope PR I was talked out of thinking so by Crab.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173947095&postcount=559

Who has been acting as Hope Leader.

But in

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174311094&postcount=905

Crab claims he actually shared my suspicions after a point.

Weird. Crab, you shared my suspicions but then did everything in your power to push Makai into a corner?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174287415&postcount=852

Hell you shared my suspicion that Makai was a Hope PR and yet STILL fucking voted for him?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174250917&postcount=830

And then after your vote Sawneeks joins in:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174287313&postcount=851

And then francop:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174291144&postcount=860

Now this doesn't say too much about Sawneeks or francop since to be honest most of us see you as the Hope leader. Me seeing you as leader is what led me to also switch my vote to Makai.

But gee, this does seem like the perfect chance for Despair to lead the bandwagon against a Hope PR.

Everyone, I'd be extremely suspect of Crab, Sawneeks, and francop. I don't know if I will survive the night. But PLEASE for the love of god keep my post in mind.

You aren't saying that I just change my vote from A Human Becoming 15 minutes after Launchpad said he was replaced. I didn't wanted to kill someone who didn't make a single post yet.

As my vote:

He was the 3rd suspicious player that I called in post 655. After this post Hagi gave us nothing, all filler.

CzarTim

Okay, Czar, you have 9 minutes to save Hagi's life. Persuade me.

i started to pull posts, but i dont have time. essentially i felt his argument with you was disingenuous and ignored what you were saying most of the time. when he asked why people were voting him i posted why i was suspicious of him and he completely ignored it despite answering other people's post which didnt cover the same ground

kgtrep

Before Night 1 begins, everyone who are Hope, I really want you all to read the manual to the card game. If we play things right, we can have an upper-hand over the mafia, but this heavily depends on how many of you decide to participate (unlike the six votes that I had received, and the rest with no response).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Before Night 1 begins, everyone who are Hope, I really want you all to read the manual to the card game. If we play things right, we can have an upper-hand over the mafia, but this heavily depends on how many of you decide to participate (unlike the six votes that I had received, and the rest with no response).

My answer is yes.

Kalor

I take it the manual is your post with the game?

Unrelated:

Turns out I need to rework the Vote checker python script I was making. I don't know when/if I'll finish it. But I'll work on it even if I die in this game before completing it. Since it would be helpful in other mafia games.

Hagi

Unvote : kingkitty

Vote : Cornburrito

If I'm going down I'm going down swinging. Your quickfire accusations then flip flopping put you to the top of the suspicion list for me. If this is my last post then I'm happy with it.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
My answer to one of those cards is yes.

This really better be good.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, just for any investigative that watch rather than cop roles: remember you can work (sort of like) a protective role. Go on people you trust to ward off Despair.

I rolled a random dice to determine my card.

My answer is: No.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
fuck it we have 30 seconds left

OVERRIDE: Barrylocke

i started to pull posts, but i dont have time. essentially i felt his argument with you was disingenuous and ignored what you were saying most of the time. when he asked why people were voting him i posted why i was suspicious of him and he completely ignored it despite answering other people's post which didnt cover the same ground

For the record, I honestly feel like intent means more than people may say with this game, especially with a new player. It may sound hokey or cheesy, but his intent and willingness to go against the grain is really what won me over with Rest in the end.

Top Bottom