• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

cabot

I'm checking you all out whilst you're checking in!

tumblr_nn4vxd2pEO1qlqunwo1_250.gif

Before our roles roll in, I just want to give a public service announcement that any avatar changing that happens to me was planned out even before I got into this game, and requested earlier today (though if anyone is willing to help I'm totally game). It does not necessarily reflect upon my role for this game. You can continue to trust me or not trust me as you like!

Upupupupupupupu...

Role PMs are all out. If anyone didn't get one, send me a PM. Any other questions (other than the most obvious one everyone is going to be wondering about), send me a PM.

Swamped

Banned
Ok, I bought a Vita and Danganronpa. This better be good, guys :U

Nice! Have fun. If you enjoy mysteries you'll definitely get a kick out of this series. Although,now that you're playing the official translation, you're gonna miss out on the 'super duper high school' titles. Those made me laugh so much.

Though I played the fantranslation I personally preferred "Ultimate High School". Super Duper definitely does fit with the overhanded nature of the characters though.

Droplet

Before our roles roll in, I just want to give a public service announcement that any avatar changing that happens to me was planned out even before I got into this game, and requested earlier today (though if anyone is willing to help I'm totally game). It does not necessarily reflect upon my role for this game. You can continue to trust me or not trust me as you like!

Upupupupupupupu...

I did my best.

EvntkyF.png

Sorian

Banned
Horrible characters, bad story, some really annoying mechanics, dumb twists, disappointing cases.
In all fairness though, at least it once points out one of the enormous, gaping plot holes of the first game.

Without being spoilery, I think DR2 has my favorite "case" from any type of game that is set up in this format which is saying a lot since that means I'm putting it above everything phoenix wright. The motivation of the antagonist of the case was just set up so perfectly and executed close to flawlessly.

Sorian

Banned
You guys are making me want to get the game, but I know I'll never finish it. Also no vita because lol vita.

Vita has some good enough stuff if you are already a plus member because of PS3 and PS4. Plus, if you are a fan, I feel like P4 golden and both danganronpas can justify the price on their own if you can get any sort of deal on the vita itself.

CzarTim

Vita has some good enough stuff if you are already a plus member because of PS3 and PS4. Plus, if you are a fan, I feel like P4 golden and both danganronpas can justify the price on their own if you can get any sort of deal on the vita itself.

I'd be more likely to get a vita tv just because I find handhelds kind of frustrating to play at home and I have no commute.

CzarTim

I have a free hdmi plug on my monitor so it'd be cool for remote play since my ps4 is in the other room. But on the other hand, I like barely touch console games these days. Especially after Destiny was so eh.
lol raindoc

Swamped

Banned
Horrible characters, bad story, some really annoying mechanics, dumb twists, disappointing cases.
In all fairness though, at least it once points out one of the enormous, gaping plot holes of the first game.

Always got to be someone going against the flow, life wouldn't be fun otherwise.

I thought DR2 was better than the first, there was a little bit of annoying fanservice but really the story is quite good!

Though I played the fantranslation I personally preferred "Ultimate High School". Super Duper definitely does fit with the overhanded nature of the characters though.

'Super Duper' really rolls off the tongue.

Super Duper High School Burger Flipper!
Super Duper High School Drop Out!
Super Duper High School Kid-with-the-huge-back-pack-who-blocks-hallways!

I have a ton more, I should probably email the creator with these suggestions for the third game.

I actually haven't played the 2nd one, but I wound up spoiling myself on the last 2 and a half cases, so I know more or less the plot. I plan on getting if if I get a Vita, and it looks like that'll likely happen this Winter season (probably on a black friday sale).

I played Danganronpa 1 with the fantranslation actually (and fortunately I played this one almost blind). I'll likely pick up the original version on Vita or at least gift it to someone though, because I really did enjoy my time with it. I WAS kinda spiteful that it got more love while Zero Escape almost died, but I'm feeling less salty now that ZE3 is a reality. While I may not enjoy it more than ZE and Phoenix Wright, it's a very fun and unique game and I'm glad I got a chance to play it.

From what I've seen I prefer Danganronpa 1, but the 2nd one had some great twists imo and some fun characters. The big thing about the 1st one is that I actually felt really bad with the trials in the 1st one (coming close to tears with at least one). I didn't get similar feelings with what I saw of the 2nd one, although watching in a stream instead of playing it alone probably had some influence.

Sorian

Banned
I actually haven't played the 2nd one, but I wound up spoiling myself on the last 2 and a half cases, so I know more or less the plot. I plan on getting if if I get a Vita, and it looks like that'll likely happen this Winter season (probably on a black friday sale).

I played Danganronpa 1 with the fantranslation actually (and fortunately I played this one almost blind). I'll likely pick up the original version on Vita or at least gift it to someone though, because I really did enjoy my time with it. I WAS kinda spiteful that it got more love while Zero Escape almost died, but I'm feeling less salty now that ZE3 is a reality. While I may not enjoy it more than ZE and Phoenix Wright, it's a very fun and unique game and I'm glad I got a chance to play it.

From what I've seen I prefer Danganronpa 1, but the 2nd one had some great twists imo and some fun characters. The big thing about the 1st one is that I actually felt really bad with the trials in the 1st one (coming close to tears with at least one). I didn't get similar feelings with what I saw of the 2nd one, although watching in a stream instead of playing it alone probably had some influence.

Most people got their heavy feels from case 3 in the second one which it looks like you may not have seen any of.

I have a free hdmi plug on my monitor so it'd be cool for remote play since my ps4 is in the other room. But on the other hand, I like barely touch console games these days. Especially after Destiny was so eh.
lol raindoc

Have you played the latest Life is Strange episode?

On the DR topic, I preferred the second one to the first one. While the first one had the whole novelty factor it being the first time you were doing the cases and the second didn't really change much, the characters were a lot more interesting along with better motivations. I also liked the twists more in the second game.

While I like just about everything from DR2 (other than the mini games), the most remarkable thing about it for me are the individual mysteries. I found them more challenging and more interesting than those of DR1. The first trial of DR2 is about about as complex as the second or third from DR1- and it only escalates from there. The fact that the cast is so much stronger (in my opinion) only helps to makes the stakes feel that much higher.

I'm planning on it tonight, can't wait!

It's really, really good.

Top Bottom