• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducktail

This game...

I had my first "I love you Miyazaki, you troll" in the very first 5 minutes of starting the game. Minor first area spoilers:

Tutorial area, there's a message on the floor that says "Turn Back". Of course I don't. I go forth and find dozens of blood pudles on the floor, and a menacing ice beast lurking around. This was my "This is Dark Souls, alright" moment.

First time I actually died was for the uchigatana guy. Annoying prick.

Jintor

Cool, disabled a HID-enabled controller or something in device manager and the 360 controller is working properly. What a weird bug.

taybul

Which enemies drop titanite shards early in the game?

I just beat the boss in the high wall of lothric.

I'd heard that the
soldiers with giant tentacle monsters sprouting of their back
are supposed to drop them but I haven't gotten any from them aside from the very first one I killed.

In the next main area there are some big enemies that drop it, one standing by itself right by the second bonfire in the area that you can farm easily.

Anyone having issues with leveling up at the (what's spoiler tagged is first hour stuff...)
Firelink Shrink fire keeper

I try and level up and it automatically exits the level up screen. I'm playing on PC if that means anything

Edit: never mind it ended up working itself out. Odd :/

Lethal

Neo Member
Pretty sure it released at 12am GMT. Are you not on PC? Should be available

Oh no, Ive got it. I just played half an hour. But from reading this thread it feels like people have been playing the steam version for a long time.

On a side note, I seem to be unaffected by the crashes. Guess Im lucky?

TitusTroy

There's a Deep Battle Axe that you missed. Probably better than anything you currently have.

cool...thanks...that's good to know...the Greatsword was my STR weapon of choice in DS2 and the Black Knight GreatAxe and Zweihander in DS1

There is a broadsword and some halberds but I think that is it in the first area? Oh you also get a sword drop from a knight

I got the Broadsword and I think some spears and Halberds but none of them are better then the normal Battle Axe as far as damage output

Banzai

Just got scammed out of an item. I was summoned right as an NPC was about to give me an item. Checked online which item it is, I don't have it and the NPC is gone. Terrific.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BOOOOOOOOO died agains the
tree boss
. got impatient, he was almost dead too. oh well, my one shot streak ends at 2 bosses lol

He looks awesome too, great design

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
BOOOOOOOOO died agains the
tree boss
. got impatient, he was almost dead too. oh well, my one shot streak ends at 2 bosses lol

He looks awesome too, great design

Just did it, patience is definitely key! Loved the design too.

GulAtiCa

Quick question about Estus Flasks. Maybe not spoilery, but just in case:
I swear several times last night that it from from 0 to 1 or back to full at times. It was late and I was tired, so maybe I thought I saw things

k1t4j

Hey guys quick question. I started as deprived and now was wondering if you can get the starter classes set somewhere in the game?

Particularly the mercenary set, which was quite cool looking.

Thanks

Neoweee

I swear several times last night that it from from 0 to 1 or back to full at times. It was late and I was tired, so maybe I thought I saw things

That is a thing that happens, typically when killing "hard"-type enemies.

Doesn't scale with STR, tho. :(

You'll be pretty far into the game before the scaling compensates for the raw damage buff. It's pretty good. Axes are dope.

Aeana

If it's like the other games, then when someone kindles a bonfire in your area then you get a flask. I dunno if it works like that in this one or not.

Cyborg

This game...

I had my first "I love you Miyazaki, you troll" in the very first 5 minutes of starting the game. Minor first area spoilers:

Tutorial area, there's a message on the floor that says "Turn Back". Of course I don't. I go forth and find dozens of blood pudles on the floor, and a menacing ice beast lurking around. This was my "This is Dark Souls, alright" moment.

First time I actually died was for the uchigatana guy. Annoying prick.

Same here :)

taybul

Is there a bow early game? Im at
undead settlement
and yet to find one.

There's a longbow in an outdoor part of the high wall that was kind of close to a bonfire. I remember there were people worshiping a statue. I was glad I found it too because I used it to banish a certain obstacle in the area (brought back some memories from DS1).

j-wood

Question on the weapon skill stuff. If i switch to two handed, activate the buff, then switch back to one handed, is the buff still active?

Burak_50

Neo Member
Just finished the high wall of Lothric and is it just me or is the beginning of the game a lot more difficult that Dark Souls 1/2 and Bloodborne's first area ?
The enemies have crazy, intelligent movesets, can take a lot of damage and give very low amount of souls: 300 souls for the huge, spinning knight, 220 for the Lothric knights and 3000 for the boss. Doesn't really feel fair.

Zocano

fun fact for newbies: if it doesn't scale with STR, two-handing the weapon offers no benefit

Additionally, once you're at around 40 STR, two handing also offers little to no benefit (aside from moveset).

What a game! Got my first five hours in and just beat the
Crystal Sage
via some jolly cooperation! My path branches out into two possible areas now, so that's cool.

Started as a Knight and am now at level 37. I've only put points in health, stamina and strength so far and nothing is really giving me too much trouble.

Does anybody know all the soft caps for stats?

cheezcake

uZtysm1.jpg

I regret nothing

fun fact for newbies: if it doesn't scale with STR, two-handing the weapon offers no benefit

Additionally, once you're at around 40 STR, two handing also offers little to no benefit (aside from moveset).

I guess str build is the way to go for PvP then, need those battle arts

Neoweee

Started as a Knight and am now at level 37. I've only put points in health, stamina and strength so far and nothing is really giving me too much trouble.

Does anybody know all the soft caps for stats?

Health to 25 (or 26/27), then the rest of your points in the other two. You'll be able to tell when they are capping hard.

Waaaaah, I did not know that. That's not how it worked in DS2, is it?

Griss

It's funny how every time I play one of these games I always have these plans to go more finesse or more magic and every time I end up going straight, vanilla, sword & shield knight... I did it again

Haha, I'm the same, but with dex builds. "Let's not just do that same old dex build again." *Looks at options* "Fuck it let's do that same old dex build again."

Mercenary and enjoying my dual blades. Don't want to have to switch them out too soon, hoping they'll last. Trying to avoid using my shield and playing the game like Bloodborne.

Lethal

Neo Member
I died first time fighting tutorial boss. I was playing BB style. Locking on and rolling away. It didnt work.

Second time, i just didnt lock on. Walked casually around every attack. He didnt touch me. Felt like cheating...

spoilers, early-mid game.

Just beat the deacon's of the deep. Got the doll, is there somewhere I can go to find where to go next? Not tell me where, but where am I missing the information that tells me where to go? also, what is the point of hollowing? that number is growing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If it's like the other games, then when someone kindles a bonfire in your area then you get a flask. I dunno if it works like that in this one or not.

Oh, I wondered the same, saved my ass a couple of times.

aravuus

Hahaha oh god. Got invaded in the swamp/forest area, blue sentinel came to help, aggroed a ridiculously persistent and strong red-eyed monster and fucking DIED.

So there I was, being chased by a big-ass monster and a pyro invader, and ANOTHER FUCKING INVADER joins in. No idea why. But yeah, long story short, I managed to land a couple of hits and died.

So yeah. Invasions are definitely a real thing lol.

e: aww my invasion story was the last post of the page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom