• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkstalkers Resurrection |OT| aaaAAAaaa!!! Real monsters!

Chris_IWS

I don't think it's that they bombed, per se. It's that each successive release is achieving fewer and fewer sales in relation to the previous ones.

Sven might argue that it's because interest in these sorts of releases are declining, others might say it could be related to the fact that the later titles are simply a step backwards (releasing Marvel Origins after Marvel 2 just confuses me) or just niche (JJBA (though cost was also a factor here), and I don't believe the Darkstalkers following is anywhere near what Ono would like to believe).

Tizoc

I don't think it's that they bombed, per se. It's that each successive release is achieving fewer and fewer sales in relation to the previous ones.

Sven might argue that it's because interest in these sorts of releases are declining, others might say it could be related to the fact that the later titles are simply a step backwards (releasing Marvel Origins after Marvel 2 just confuses me) or just niche (JJBA (though cost was also a factor here), and I don't believe the Darkstalkers following is anywhere near what Ono would like to believe).

I don't see what the issue is with releasing MvC1 after 2 was released. While 2 is more popular, 1 is good in it's own way.

Onemic

They never should have released MvC1 in the first place. I mean there were a lot of games Im pretty sure fans would have rather wanted. Alpha, DS(which of course got released), and of course the main game: CvS2(but Capcom hates money)

vocab

They never should have released MvC1 in the first place. I mean there were a lot of games Im pretty sure fans would have rather wanted. Alpha, DS(which of course got released), and of course the main game: CvS2(but Capcom hates money)

Ya, it was very much a nostalgia cash grab. MVC1 is actually my least favorite marvel game. They were hoping to strike gold from the people who bought mvc2.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I am getting bopped in ranked.. something like 2 W's out of every 5. Getting paired with a handful of the same players all who own my soul.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The Capcom Unity mods will be playing casuals tonight with people from the community who add them on PSN/XBL, more details here.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Ladies and gentlemen, the return of...

Announcing GGPO Vampire Savior Weekly Tournament #21!
Time: Saturday, April 13th 2013 at 8pm PST/11pm EST
Double Elimination
2/3 Matches
3/5 Matches for Grand Finals.
If two players cannot connect, if one of them is new, the priority will be given to older player that we know can already connect to people. Otherwise it will be a coin toss.
*North America only due to lag.*

Stream URL: www.twitch.tv/rotanibor

If you want to sign up, just be in the VSAV lobby on GGPO 30 minutes before the start time of the tournament and ask to be signed up.

So I bought this despite my hatred for links to support the Darkstalkers community and...well, I love Hsien-Ko. I like the tutorials but I have a question. Can we change the way they call the buttons Jab, Short or whatever? I really hate it.

vocab

So I bought this despite my hatred for links to support the Darkstalkers community and...well, I love Hsien-Ko. I like the tutorials but I have a question. Can we change the way they call the buttons Jab, Short or whatever? I really hate it.

People have been using that from the sf2 arcades day. I just dont see it changing. I'm not a huge fan of lk mk hk or even saying those words.

baphomet

People have been using that from the sf2 arcades day. I just dont see it changing. I'm not a huge fan of lk mk hk or even saying those words.

It's always been jab, strong, fierce, short, forward, roundhouse, and I hope it never changes. I'm also not a fan of the lk, mk, hk annotations.

I see. While I'm in that age group I only started playing these fighters a few years ago so it's much simpler to use LP, MK etc...

emag

Short/forward/roundhouse and lk/mk/hk are both fine with me.

That said, I rage a little when I see lk and hk expanded to "low kick" and "high kick" respectively, instead of "light kick" and "heavy kick"/"hard kick".

I'm still amazed that they could come up with such a fun and flexible character so many years ago. Truly one of my most fun lmh characters. Her combos just flow like water.

Chris_IWS

I don't see what the issue is with releasing MvC1 after 2 was released. While 2 is more popular, 1 is good in it's own way.

I don't have a problem with them releasing MvC1 at all.
I'd love to see a release of CvS1 or Pro, even if it does feel to many people like CvS2 is just around the corner,
but nobody would be under any illusion that CvS2 would vastly outsell 1/Pro, no matter which is released first.

Nostalgia/historical interest will only sell to a very select group. New players will gravitate towards the games with a proven pedigree and larger, more competitive communities.
Releasing Origins after MvC2, even as a 2 in 1, and then moaning that you're disappointed it didn't sell as well is what I really don't get.
I realize that may not have come through in my original post.

Axis

luckily you don't play a character where links matter :B

I'm still amazed that they could come up with such a fun and flexible character so many years ago. Truly one of my most fun lmh characters. Her combos just flow like water.

Amen to that! Sadly I'm still stuck at part 2 of her first tutorial, hahahaha! But man now I can see how horrible the Hsien-Ko in Marvel is. I'm so sad...so very sad...
luckily you don't play a character where links matter :B

You have just made me day, sir. Thank you!!!!

Nyoro SF

Amen to that! Sadly I'm still stuck at part 2 of her first tutorial, hahahaha! But man now I can see how horrible the Hsien-Ko in Marvel is. I'm so sad...so very sad...

Believe me, I played her Day -1 of MvC3... and this was after I did a crash Vampire Hunter course the day before. I have never been more disappointed in a char's implementation...

Axis

You have just made me day, sir. Thank you!!!!

You just need to be able to do Tenraiha...which is LK HK MP MP UP(yes, it's a demon input)...and it's tough to get/time at first. the only links you'll really need with her is sometimes linking clk into another clk for hit confirming into tenraiha.

Believe me, I played her Day -1 of MvC3... and this was after I did a crash Vampire Hunter course the day before. I have never been more disappointed in a char's implementation...

should've done a crash vampire savior course...and had your fucking spirits crushed.

Rotanibor

http://www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy is LIVE.

Darkstalkers Death & Rebirth, the Darkstalkers major in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is a two day major, today being the first day so keep that in mind!

Right now they are playing Super Turbo for ST Games qualifiers at EVO2013.

Vampire Savior is set to start whenever ST ends, which I believe is soon.

This tournament includes some of the most dedicated Vampire Savior players in the nation so its well worth checking out.

you can find the schedule on this SRK post here.
http://shoryuken.com/2013/06/15/dark...ncinnati-ohio/

braves01

Banned
How's the online population these days? I'm *this* close to picking this up on PSN, really impressed with everything in the demo.

Also, I'm still pretty new to fighters, mostly just play TTT2/TR. Hopefully there are still some noobs playing ;-)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
How's the online population these days? I'm *this* close to picking this up on PSN, really impressed with everything in the demo.

Also, I'm still pretty new to fighters, mostly just play TTT2/TR. Hopefully there are still some noobs playing ;-)

I doubt there are many still playing this. Most of them are in GGPO supporting the franchise with their money, oh wait...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, Darkstalkers Resurrection is $5.24 on PSN with PS+ this week. Tell your friends to grab it! I wish the online wasn't so dead. I'd be ok with it having 3rd Strike levels of dead.

Marz

Guys, Darkstalkers Resurrection is $5.24 on PSN with PS+ this week. Tell your friends to grab it! I wish the online wasn't so dead. I'd be ok with it having 3rd Strike levels of dead.

Yea I couldn't find a match the other day, seems like more people talk about this game than actually play it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm in for $5. I took a vow of gaming poverty because I'm getting a PS4, but I skipped lunch as penance.

Dai101

Banned
Anyone still on this game? 2 nights ago i've a blast playing against some new buddies i found there.

Maybe i can connect today late in the night.

BTW, anyone knows how to config fucking GGPO????!!!!!

Essay

I only boot it up for training mode a few times a month, but have it set to auto search for Ranked Matches. Almost always get a few players each sitting, even in the last few months

Top Bottom