• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkstalkers Resurrection |OT| aaaAAAaaa!!! Real monsters!

It probably wouldn't of make too much of a difference, but I think releasing the game without the full roster drove some people away. If they are going for pure sales, these are things that need to be considered.

I still want more fighting game compilations though. Rival Schools, Slam Masters, Star Gladiator need some love.

But I don't think this will affect the future of Darkstalkers 4. It seems pretty obvious that the game is already in development.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's a shame that it didn't do amazing, but that was kind of expected. Hopefully it generated some interest for new players if/when DS4 comes out.

Onemic

I expected Marvel Origins to bomb. Even within the community that wasn't anywhere near the top of the list of remastered fighting games people wanted Capcom to put out. CvS2: OE? SFA3: OE? hellllllo Capcom.

Booter

They should bundle this, MvCO, and SF3S as a retail title and sell it worldwide. Many countries don't have access to buy MP/PSN money for cheap. That way they could recover some of the investment.

great idea, but why not toss in Jojo's HD as well? XD

Skilletor

The FG market's been really, really oversaturated in the past year. Slowing down isn't a bad thing (plus, what else really is there to convert at this point?)

XvS, Marvel vs. SF, Xmen CoTA, SFA series, RedEarth, CvS2, CFJ (I know, I know)

I'd kill for good online in XvS, SFA, CvS2, and Redearth.

Cyrano

Maybe they should do something crazy like release the games on the motherfucking PC. Then I can double dip and gift the games to people for no good reason.
I'm pretty sure no Japanese developer has even the slightest idea how profitable PC games are in the west. Well, From Software does, though only because of one of the most aggressive fan campaigns ever created.

Can you even imagine how successful the Persona series would be if it were released on the PC?

Tizoc

Oooh I'd double dip for P3 and P4 on PC, haha.

What about Japanese sales of Vampire R.? Did it do well?

I would buy a special edition disc release in NA as well, do it capcom! ALso DLC to get the extra characters into Savior.

Anyways, I was hoping for a SF Alpha collection. Maybe that hope is smashed a little now with these sales.

The big thing to me was a hope that Warzard/Red Earth could get released, as that didn't have a home release ever.

I wanted them to release First Generation/2nd Impact somehow, maybe as DLC for 3S: OE.

Lower on my list was maybe Rivals Schools and Powerstone and Plasma Sword.

Also my burning dream of Cyberbots 2, still burns, heh.

BOTEC

Did anyone who ordered the e-Capcom Limited Edition from Play-Asia get theirs yet? Mine (allegedly) shipped out on March 15th, but I still haven't gotten it yet.

Beckx

Did anyone who ordered the e-Capcom Limited Edition from Play-Asia get theirs yet? Mine (allegedly) shipped out on March 15th, but I still haven't gotten it yet.

Yes, got mine the Monday after release (shipped March 14). Used the FedEx option.

Yours might be stuck in customs, but that's a long delay. What shipping did you use?

BOTEC

Yes, got mine the Monday after release (shipped March 14). Used the FedEx option.

Yours might be stuck in customs, but that's a long delay. What shipping did you use?

Yeah, I'd expect FedEx to be quick. I always use an economy box, and it usually takes a week. That's why I'm surprised by the length of time this time around. I'll give them another week, and then go complaining to customer support.

Maybe they should do something crazy like release the games on the motherfucking PC. Then I can double dip and gift the games to people for no good reason.

i'd totally buy this on pc, never played the games before. Acquiring a digital ps3 game this late in the gen doesn't appeal to me at all.

i'd totally buy this on pc, never played the games before. Acquiring a digital ps3 game this late in the gen doesn't appeal to me at all.
Yeah.... I forgot about this completely. The US Darkstalkers audience has waited like fifteen years for a tournament viable console version of VSav and they finally get one.... only for BC to be confirmed dead for the upcoming system a month later. This will NOT help MvC:O and Resurrection's sales.

Marz

Yea they kinda just sent this game out to die. Hopefully it doesn't have any effect on DS4(it shouldn't). Anyways though I tried playing ranked today on PS3 and it took me forever to get a match lol. If any of PSN GAF wants to add me feel free Marz1991....still learning the game and stuff.

Also just discovered the YouTube replay feature....so cool.

BadWolf

Did some fanart containing everyone's favorite vampire (and Millia from Guilty Gear):

DemitriandMilliaFinal_zpsd642c12c.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Patch is up! Fight requests added, add me to play sometime. PSN: Jotamide

alstein

Way more than that. The leader boards is over 100k.

100k, no freebies, and not enough time for folks to roll alt accounts.

It's sold better than VF- Capcom has no reason to complain about sales if this is true.

100k is easily what I'd expect the game to do.

100k, no freebies, and not enough time for folks to roll alt accounts.

It's sold better than VF- Capcom has no reason to complain about sales if this is true.

100k is easily what I'd expect the game to do.
Capcom: "It's not enough. Give us your soul."

FYC

Banned

Axis

I'm generally online playing if anyone wants to get some games in. If anyone's really interested in seriously learning the game I'm also willing to help with that ^_^

only on 360 tho :(

GT: vexco

Tizoc

Is the 100K from XBL or PSN?
Seeing as it sold more than 100,000 worldwide at least, I'd say that's all fine and dandy.
Capcpom are just cray cray with their sales expectations. The game could sell 500,000 worldwide within the next few months in total and they'll still say it didn't sell half as expected.

Must have sold a ton of units on PSN. It took Skullgirls like six months to come near 100k and that is a completely new IP.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. That's a lot better than what I was expecting honestly.

Wish more of my friends picked up DS, I'm just glad we got a good rerelease with online.

Top Bottom