• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkstalkers Resurrection |OT| aaaAAAaaa!!! Real monsters!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I've already put more time into this than Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ on PSN.
Why did you screw up ArcSys.
It wasn't that bad, the online isn't as good as DS:R but I'm hoping the +R patch will fix things.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I think I'll be maining Q-Bee, any pro tips?

Her IADs aren't the be all and end all of her offense. They're an important aspect of it, but just doing IADs all day will end in you losing. Be patient and use her pokes to set yourself up for guaranteed IAD offense. Take advantage of her low crouching hitbox as well, as some people don't expect it to be so small when they do jump-ins.

Here are some good resources with more information:

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vampire_Savior/Q-Bee

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11966-VS-Q-Bee-The-Deadly-Bees

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Her IADs aren't the be all and end all of her offense. They're an important aspect of it, but just doing IADs all day will end in you losing. Be patient and use her pokes to set yourself up for guaranteed IAD offense. Take advantage of her low crouching hitbox as well, as some people don't expect it to be so small when they do jump-ins.

Here are some good resources with more information:

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vampire_Savior/Q-Bee

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11966-VS-Q-Bee-The-Deadly-Bees
Thanks! Yeah, I was kinda abusing those...:p

TheOGB

Banned
Downloading now, but it's just the trial for now, and I won't be able to get into it too much for a while anyways. But hey, I did want to try learning B.B. Hood anyway...

Best music and best stage. Blew my mind the first time when I realized you're on the fucken side of a building.
Close, but nope

Tizoc

Which I've linked to in the OP =P

I always found this to be the case. The characters have a shitload of animations and also change appearance mid combo. There are also no palette swaps, Lilith and Morrigan maybe but they are still less alike than Ryu and Ken are.
Actually Lilith has various different animations than Morrigan, including her idle animation.

A poster named mechagoukuma on GameFAQs emailed Dave Lang of Iron Galaxy about possible DLC for the game, this was his response:

If this turns out, I'm hoping it's the missing characters and/or an unlockable arrange mode for DS3.

That would be interesting if they plan to add in the other DS games, which could work as DLC; if anyone wants them, they can buy them, or they can stick with these 2 games. I think, personally I'll get VH2 and DS3 Arrange =P

Tizoc

Speaking of which; I take it there are no differences between Gallon and Dark Gallon gameplay-wise right?

Why would you want to ban him?
I don't, but some purists might. He's not playable in the original arcade version.

Can't you ban anyone on Player Match or does it not give the option to ban only Oboro Bishamon rather than Bishamon himself?
I'm not sure, haven't checked out all the modes yet.

Edit: Just checked, you can ban just Oboro in Player match. (Can't ban Shadow though.)

Speaking of Oboro Bishamon, it's weird that he doesn't have a separate move list.

BasilZero

Awesome, might get this in the future.

Love the series!

Fav characters include: Morrigan, Lilith, Felicia, and Jedah :)

Kajiba

Fucking how!? I just did the first part but dash jab >dash jab just seems IMPOSSIBIRU!!

If you can do the first part continue doing it on the second part. Dash jab crouch jab standing jab dash jab still counts. It doesn't show as if you did it wrong and counts as if you did dash jab> dash jab.

USD

Info on the JP launch of Vampire Resurrection, courtesy of 4Gamer. The important info though is that there's an update planned that will add Fight Request to Arcade and Training mode to the game. Date to be determined. Info on the three hidden characters in Vampire Savior is also in the article, all playable.

Dark Gallon

Features a glowing body color. While he features almost the same moves as regular Gallon, Dragon Cannon has the same properties as the Vampire Hunter version of the move.

To select Dark Gallon, place the cursor on Gallon, and while holding the Start button, press two P buttons or two K buttons at the same time.

0VbRXpF.jpg

I3V2ycp.jpg

Oboro Bishamon

Shares the same normals as Bishamon, but cannot use the special move Karame Dama or its derivative attacks. Instead, Oboro Bishamon has a new special attack, Oni Naburi.

To select Oboro Bishamon, place the cursor on Bishamon, and while holding the Start button, press any attack button.

Shadow

Win a match and Shadow possesses the opponent's character, using it for the next match. Without mastering all the characters, victory will be quite difficult.

To select Shadow, place the cursor on [?], press the Start button five times then press any attack button. To select a specific character for the first match, highlight that character and press the Start button three times followed by the Shadow input code. To select Dark Gallon and Oboro Bishamon by this method, hold the Start button on the fifth press then enter the corresponding attack button(s) as normal. Available in Arcade mode only.

Man, I can't believe how much I'm sucking so far. I feel like that crusty old gunslinger in a cheesy Western, talking about how great I used to be while waiting for the next kid who walks through the door to blow me away.

Maybe if I play this 3 hours a day for 6 months, something might stick.

We have a SF4 tournament edition stick, I'm gonna give that a shot later and see if things click better with it.

ScOULaris

These tutorials are fucking great. I can finally get all 5 hits with Talbain's wolf canon. :D

I'm stuck on that one. When I use the ES version of Wolf Canon, I can seemingly change direction about four or five times before it stops me. With normal Wolf Canon, I can only change direction once. Is it an issue of timing?

I wish Donovan was in DS3. No one plays Night Warriors.

And Pyron. He looks so cool. I can't believe he's not in DS3.

vocab

I like fish. It would take some practice to implement his charge moves properly, but those 2 frame link dash links....mannnn

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's just dumb to me that they didn't use any of the MULTIPLE versions of the game that contain the full roster. Don't care if they were going for arcade perfection. Next to nobody plays the arcade version anymore. :p

The Saturn and Playstation versions of Vampire Savior, Vampire Chronicle on DC and PSP (which not only has the full roster, but selectable play styles based on Vampire, Hunter, Savior, and Savior 2), and the PS2 Vampire Collection all have versions of Savior with Donovan, Huitzil, and Pyron added.

Would have been nice to have had Vampire Savior with everyone, plus Dee. I think if they had released this game with Savior, Savior 2, and Hunter 2 it would have been confusing.

GooeyHeat

I'm stuck on that one. When I use the ES version of Wolf Canon, I can seemingly change direction about four or five times before it stops me. With normal Wolf Canon, I can only change direction once. Is it an issue of timing?

I'm pretty sure you have to use the ES version to change direction more than once.

Really? Any chance then that the DLC might include them for DS3?

I don't know. Japan arcades got Vampire Savior 2, which also only had 15 characters, by swamping Donovan, Huitzil and Pyron, for J. Talbain, Rikuo and Sasquatch. I think the Saturn port was meant to bridge the gap between them by offering all 18. Since there is no arcade version to base it on, I don't know how plausible it is to add to the Resurrection version as DLC.

IIRC the PS2 Darkstalkers Collection (another arcade compilation) had Vampire Savior and Vampire Savior 2 separately, so there was no unified roster in that one either.

It's just dumb to me that they didn't use any of the MULTIPLE versions of the game that contain the full roster. Don't care if they were going for arcade perfection. Next to nobody plays the arcade version anymore. :p

And considering the 2f lag, you have to wonder if they were going for arcade perfection at all. :p

Dwingvatt

Banned
Best music and best stage. Blew my mind the first time when I realized you're on the fucken side of a building.

I wish you could like post on here. This man speak the truth. Just like you, it blew my mind when I realise they were on the side of a building. I was like "OH SHIT".

What happened to Capcom?

Info on the JP launch of Vampire Resurrection, courtesy of 4Gamer. The important info though is that there's an update planned that will add Fight Request to Arcade and Training mode to the game. Date to be determined. Info on the three hidden characters in Vampire Savior is also in the article, all playable.

Dark Gallon

Features a glowing body color. While he features almost the same moves as regular Gallon, Dragon Cannon has the same properties as the Vampire Hunter version of the move.

To select Dark Gallon, place the cursor on Gallon, and while holding the Start button, press two P buttons or two K buttons at the same time.

Oboro Bishamon

Shares the same normals as Bishamon, but cannot use the special move Karame Dama or its derivative attacks. Instead, Oboro Bishamon has a new special attack, Oni Naburi.

To select Oboro Bishamon, place the cursor on Bishamon, and while holding the Start button, press any attack button.

Shadow

Win a match and Shadow possesses the opponent's character, using it for the next match. Without mastering all the characters, victory will be quite difficult.

To select Shadow, place the cursor on [?], press the Start button five times then press any attack button.

Is this for the retail version only or is available on the downloadable version also?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I thought the 2 frame lag was PS3 related technical limitation, as with other games that have a similar amount of input delay on PS3.

Skilletor

And Pyron. He looks so cool. I can't believe he's not in DS3.

Timing was an issue for me. I would always do the last one a bit early.

You can cheat it in the corner if you just want to get it done by doing forward canon, and then u/f x 4.

Midscreen I was doing forward, u/f, u/b, b, and then the last one I delayed a d/f beast dash.

Top Bottom