• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered- First screenshots revealed

Nzyme32

Good to see they have stuck very close to the original's looks. The monkey island one was a bit disappointing in that sense but at least you could switch to whatever you wanted

Roubjon

I don't really think it looks that great. It looks like a good version of those filters you can apply to smooth out pixels, but that's pretty much what I expected.

wrowa

It looks good enough that I feel weird to complain about the graphics, but I agree that it looks just a bit too smooth.

yurinka

Looks good. Monkey Island Remastered or Monkey Island II Remastered next, please!

This looks miles better than the Monkey Island HD version that the other guys did.

Looks good. Monkey Island Remastered or Monkey Island II Remastered next, please!

This looks miles better than the Monkey Island HD version that the other guys did.

The first game's Remaster was pretty bad, but I thought the second one looked great. Huge improvement. The VA was also much better than it was in the first.

Toparaman

Banned
Now I wish Double Fine did the MI special editions. I hated the change in art style there. Double Fine understands the importance of staying true to the originals.

Now I wish Double Fine did the MI special editions. I hated the change in art style there. Double Fine understands the importance of staying true to the originals.

People keep saying this but how could they have done it? DOTT always had a cartoony artstyle, so the job was much easier. MI 1 and 2 on the other hand had a semi-realistic artsyle and "grittier" textures.

Psxphile

Tried to google but found nothing. Do we know what they will do with the voices?
Yes. They're taking the original, uncompressed voice tapes and converting them (instead of just using the compressed samples in the retail DOTT).

Mentioned in the other thread that you should be following since there's now someone from Double Fine providing info on the remaster. For instance, DOTT Remaster is confirmed to be using the 1989 DOS enhanced version of Maniac Mansion as the included 'game-within-the-game'.

Yes. They're taking the original, uncompressed voice tapes and converting them (instead of just using the compressed samples in the retail DOTT).

Mentioned in the other thread that you should be following since there's now someone from Double Fine providing info on the remaster. For instance, DOTT Remaster is confirmed to be using the 1989 DOS enhanced version of Maniac Mansion as the included 'game-within-the-game'.

Brilliant! Just what I was hoping they would do. was worried those did not exist any more or something similar. Thanks

Top Bottom