• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
kai3345 said:
I just remember some of the combos being hard to do with a mouse. Seems like they'd be easier with a controller. Does it support a 360 pad?
Yeah, it supports it. You can also use a DS3 if you can get the drivers installed on your PC.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
kai3345 said:
I just remember some of the combos being hard to do with a mouse. Seems like they'd be easier with a controller. Does it support a 360 pad?

Yep, works great with a controller.

Killthee said:
PC looks better, is more stable, and you can use a controller with it. PS3 version has less PvP cheaters (macros are apparently a big issue in the PC version).

And really, you're not doing PvP for much else besides the marks and influence you get from running it, along with some of the feats.

Been playing PC since launch and I've gone back and forth on playing it, but I have a nice league I'm in that's active enough to have a weekly open raid night (as in everyone who's on pretty much gets to raid and we have 2-3 teams a week) as well as scheduled raids on almost every other night of the week.

If you're new, btw, welcome :) On the PC side, let me know if you have questions in-game. I'm on the hero side usually as Cold Front and on the villain side as Shadow Front (because they made me change my name during the server merge :mad: ). I'll also be happy to help out with stuff if you're stuck.

Killthee

Square Triangle said:
I shouldn't have any problems recovering my Hero with the F2P edition I hope.
No. I'm guessing you already purchased the game which means you automatically get "Premium" level granting you 6 character slots. If you have more than 6 characters you'll be given the option of selecting 6 and deactivating the rest. You can reactivate them at any time by purchasing more character slots or by subscribing.

If you haven't logged in since the server merge occurred you might find that some of your characters have lost their original names. Name clashes were handled by giving priority to active subs during the merge and then to the character with the most hours logged in.

Killthee

OldJadedGamer said:
What is the ETA?
Download is live for both versions, but maintenance is still going on.

RadarX said:
We are continuing the maintenance to transition DCUO Free to Play. Our expectations are this could take a large portion of the day to complete. We thank you for your patience.

So...I've already got a level 30 character on PC, but I've been hoping to start fresh with a PS3 hero and do a better job taking advantage of the game's "system" so that when I'm level 30 I'm doing my max available damage in combat.

So, since there was never a really good free manual that covers gameplay I'll ask here.

If I wanted to create a "Wolverine" type hero character, anyone have any suggestions on the things to build up so I'm a really good tank by level 30? I would love to be able to solo a lot of the content at that level.

Killthee

Micromegas said:
What is the Neogaf PvP server for PS3?
They merged the servers a couple of months back. There's only 1 server now for each region. If you want to switch between PvE and PvP phases you just go to HQ and use the phase switcher.
Xplatformer said:
So...I've already got a level 30 character on PC, but I've been hoping to start fresh with a PS3 hero and do a better job taking advantage of the game's "system" so that when I'm level 30 I'm doing my max available damage in combat.

So, since there was never a really good free manual that covers gameplay I'll ask here.

If I wanted to create a "Wolverine" type hero character, anyone have any suggestions on the things to build up so I'm a really good tank by level 30? I would love to be able to solo a lot of the content at that level.
You'll have an easier time if you make your character an Ice tank. As for how to maximize damage, you just got to complete as many feats as possible and earn those skill points. The more skill points you have, the more innate stat boost you can get.

Killthee said:
You'll have an easier time if you make your character an Ice tank. As for how to maximize damage, you just got to complete as many feats as possible and earn those skill points. The more skill points you have, the more innate stat boost you can get.

This to the nth degree. I have 80 on my main (Ice tank/DPS) and it's pretty solid.

zulfate

now that i got a PC i can now play again, i love this game but i didnt want to pay to play, i mean i do but if i can just level a character then maybe pay would be great...i like having the option is all im trying to say lol

Killthee

RoninChaos said:
I bought this at launch. Then stopped. How does it work for people who were once paying players? Do we get anything ?
PS3 or PC? PC you just continue to use the same client and log in. For PS3 you can continue to use the disc or you can download the game from the store.

Everyone who bought the game gets an automatic upgrade to the Premium level (regular cost is $5). You can view the Premium level perks/restrictions over here.

Is it possible to somehow transfer my character from the PS3 version to the PC version? It's not a huge deal if i can't, since all I did so far was the tutorial.

Dunlop

Square Triangle said:
Finished the download and my toon was waiting for me =)

Jrod, Hero side on the PS3 US PVP server

Made my first tune yesterday on a PVP server, got ganked at least a dozen times just trying to do the first quest...One PVE now ; (

Is the lag on the PS3 version because of the influx of players or is it always this bad?

Dunlop said:
Made my first tune yesterday on a PVP server, got ganked at least a dozen times just trying to do the first quest...One PVE now ; (

Is the lag on the PS3 version because of the influx of players or is it always this bad?

Pretty sure it's both. PVP has no real death penalty so it's not a big deal but yea playing a new character right now on a PVP server is going to be a huge mess. PVP is very open in this game and can happen alot, the city design has the villains and heroes doing quests parallel to each other so fights break out alot. All these new players..... chaos.

Dunlop

BattleMonkey said:
Pretty sure it's both. PVP has no real death penalty so it's not a big deal but yea playing a new character right now on a PVP server is going to be a huge mess. PVP is very open in this game and can happen alot, the city design has the villains and heroes doing quests parallel to each other so fights break out alot. All these new players..... chaos.

I love pvp, but the massive lag made it just impossible.

I would see myself taking damage, fly away from the mobs, die and then see some dude laughing over me.

Once the game calms down providing it is playable on my PS3 I'll defiantly make a toon on a PVP server. Now it's just to learn the ropes.

Trying to justify my DLC purchase so made a villian green (yellow) lantern. Seems pretty cool so far.

I loved the dual pistol/gadget/acrobat dude I made during the training mission and can defiantly see that concept being my main

Top Bottom