• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 - SOLA (2nd story DLC) - coming 17th April

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm playing through this now thanks to GamePass. I was expecting more tbh from the good reviews. The graphics are fantastic but the gameplay kind of leaves a lot of be desired.
How far into it are you? Cause I know I played it completely differently at the start then now.

cormack12

Gold Member
How far into it are you? Cause I know I played it completely differently at the start then now.
I have the last main mission to do, and have had to go back because I had 0 of all side missions. Which are giving me better weapons tbh.

The cards help a bit, but those screamers are bullshit. The curveballs aside from 1 or 2 are pretty bad.

I don't find the guns particularly engaging either, and the elemental blueprints aren't really game changing or visually effective. I think if it wasn't for co op I would have put it down a while ago

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm playing through this now thanks to GamePass. I was expecting more tbh from the good reviews. The graphics are fantastic but the gameplay kind of leaves a lot of be desired.
to each of their own, I liked the game a lot. I hope for new tools of destruction and enemies in larger numbers, I was way too OP for HAUS and I've had way better gear from the main game than anything I could find there

Last edited:
I have the last main mission to do, and have had to go back because I had 0 of all side missions. Which are giving me better weapons tbh.

The cards help a bit, but those screamers are bullshit. The curveballs aside from 1 or 2 are pretty bad.

I don't find the guns particularly engaging either, and the elemental blueprints aren't really game changing or visually effective. I think if it wasn't for co op I would have put it down a while ago
Interesting, I did all the side missions before moving on with the story, and had a bunch of legendary weapons before even finishing the story; those plus flying kick, block counters, ground pound and rage basically just make me rip and tear through all enemies, I almost only use guns to stop screamers from screaming.
At the start I was being much more careful.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Dead Island 2 SOLA Weapon

Dead Island 2 SOLA Weapon

Bartski

Gold Member
Well, that was fun. Maybe except for one really annoying new enemy and the final boss being its version on steroids. The environment design is nice and I almost forgot how good all the element simulated chain reaction carnage can be, I hope they're making a sequel to double down on that. But overall this DLC really is more of the same, worth checking out if you liked the campaign

Xtib81

Well, that was fun. Maybe except for one really annoying new enemy and the final boss being its version on steroids. The environment design is nice and I almost forgot how good all the element simulated chain reaction carnage can be, I hope they're making a sequel to double down on that. But overall this DLC really is more of the same, worth checking out if you liked the campaign
How long did it take you to beat the dlc?

Top Bottom