• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 soft engine 2.0 videos + Marie Rose video

Theonik

AOhplC7.jpg
Bahaha

Serious question though, is pole dancing included in this game?

Chastten

Banned
Bahaha

Serious question though, is pole dancing included in this game?

It most certainly is. The question is will it be locked behind a paywall. Team Ninja must know by now there are a lot of people who would be willing to pay 5 or 10 bucks to open that movie.

Watched the presentation. Do the developers keeping running to the bathroom between gravure videos?

Some of the water effects are fairly poor when you pay attention to them. I wounder how much VRAM and CPU power Soft Engine 2.0 requires?

Ferr986

Some of the water effects are fairly poor when you pay attention to them. I wounder how much VRAM and CPU power Soft Engine 2.0 requires?

Not much? I mean, sometimes I feel like people give that Soft Engine more credit that it deserves.

It basically does nothing that we didn't see in any other game. The only diference is that the devs focus on tits and asses, some thing that no ones bother to work on it because well.... it's not needed on a regular game. But anyone could implement what DOAX3 does if they care about it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
They've said the plan is that they won't be in the game as DLC or otherwise.

Maybe like DOA5. No DLC characters for that one but Ultimate gets DLC characters and then Last Round (when is the last DLC character coming btw?)

Eolz

They've said the plan is that they won't be in the game as DLC or otherwise.

Maybe like DOA5. No DLC characters for that one but Ultimate gets DLC characters and then Last Round (when is the last DLC character coming btw?)

Maybe.
It's very possible they'll say later "the demand has been so high that we've decided to let players get the other girls via DLC at 12$ per character". There will be swimsuit/costumes DLC anyway.

Sakura

Yea that's a definite possibility.
Just not sure if they'd go that route for DOAX or not. Depends how successful it is I guess.
I just don't see them coming as DLC. Hayashi already said they wouldn't. He said DOA5 wouldn't have DLC characters either, and it didn't, instead they released new versions of the games (and then had DLC characters for those ones). They are also the least popular characters so I don't know about 'popular demand'.
Last Round's DLC character is supposed to be in March I believe.

Eolz

I don't know, DOAX isn't the kind of game you can re-release several times, even if they make an ultimate version for all regions later...

that's bloody dumb.
real bloody dumb.

The popularity contest wouldn't have made as much profit if players knew the other characters were coming later anyway.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't know, DOAX isn't the kind of game you can re-release several times, even if they make an ultimate version for all regions later...
I can smell a Ultimate version made to bring to the west. This version would maybe tone down some outfits for the west but having all the girls or most of them and maybe 1 or 2 new activities. These games are rather low budget so there is not many losses here if the game doesn't do to well.

Sakura

It would depend what they add.
The game as it is was developed in what, a year, less than a year? It's probably pretty barebones in content. I'm sure they could release an expanded version with more content/activities/etc plus more girls. Maybe do another election.

Not much? I mean, sometimes I feel like people give that Soft Engine more credit that it deserves.

It basically does nothing that we didn't see in any other game. The only difference is that the devs focus on tits and asses, some thing that no ones bother to work on it because well.... it's not needed on a regular game. But anyone could implement what DOAX3 does if they care about it.

Curiosity was peaked due to poor water effects and sand collision, especially considering the gravure scenes are scripted.

have they mentioned the other girls at all? like any plan going forward?

Not that I can find. Unless they're moronic they will allow for the option to add more characters in the future. Free money for them.

kunonabi

Nyotengu is really easing the pain of Leifang's omission. The tans are also looking pretty good.

I still not sure if I'm going digital or not with this. I'm pretty much all digital on PS4 aside from some personal favorites but I kind of want a physical copy of this. I'd be easier if the special edition wasn't so underwhelming. Ah well, I'll worry about that later.

Ferr986

Curiosity was peaked due to poor water effects and sand collision, especially considering the gravure scenes are scripted.

Is this surprising tbh?

This is a low budget game, and it's clear all the focus is on tits an asses.

Mind you, I'm not saying this in a despective way, but it's clear the focus is all on the gravure scenes and making the girls look atractive, so they didn't put much work on the areas and enviroments.

Sakura

Is this surprising tbh?

Mind you, I'm not saying this in a despective way, but it's clear the focus is all on the gravure scenes and making the girls look atractive, so they didn't put much work on the areas and enviroments.

It's also a Vita game as well, so it's likely held back somewhat in that regard.

Is this surprising tbh?

True. I'll just go back to looking at the girls.

It's also a Vita game as well, so it's likely held back somewhat in that regard.

That said the PS4 version does look good and I've seen worse looking games on current gen hardware. Imagine DOAX3 build from the ground up on PC; The unlimited potential of the Soft Engine.

Eolz

That said the PS4 version does look good and I've seen worse looking games on current gen hardware. Imagine DOAX3 build from the ground up on PC; The unlimited potential of the Soft Engine.

It's not really an hardware problem there, it could easily look better (textures, water/sand, minigames, etc), it's really just a budget problem.
Already pretty amazing we're getting this, bigger budget than anything similar on the market.

Theonik

Judging from the screen I used it's in there somewhere. Just gotta believe in Team Ninja.
I just needed clarification as I wasn't sure you didn't rip this off DOAX2

It most certainly is. The question is will it be locked behind a paywall. Team Ninja must know by now there are a lot of people who would be willing to pay 5 or 10 bucks to open that movie.
Strip club style? They were already hard to get in DOAX2. Perhaps they will micro-transaction them for impatient people.

Top Bottom