• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Extraction coming to PSN/XBLA

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Awesome news for HD-only console owners.

This was a pretty awesome Wii game.... when you rented it (never had enough content to justify the $50 price tag). So $15 is pretty darn good considering there will probably be some extra content added to the package.

But actually not having IR control could be a real bummer to the gameplay. Hopefully the PSN version will have move support. Nonetheless, it is a very cinematic experience that should not be missed by any Dead Space fans.

Paging codecow!

Improved graphics? Move/Natal support? Right price? online co-op?

Please answer all of the above (separately) with yes/no. :D

I bought it at $50 because I'm a Dead Space fanatic, and while I loved the game I agree that it was priced way too high.

But playing it with dual analogs? :lol Yeah, okay.

Haunted

Skiesofwonder said:

This was a pretty awesome Wii game.... when you rented it (never had enough content to justify the $50 price tag). So $15 is pretty darn good considering there will probably be some extra content added to the package.

But actually not having IR control could be a real bummer to the gameplay. Hopefully the PSN version will have move support. Nonetheless, it is a very cinematic experience that should not be missed by any Dead Space fans.
Yup yup.

And on the second part... I'm pretty sure the whole point of this port is for EA to have some stuff ready for the Natal and Move launches, respectively.

farnham

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:

i bought it like 1 month after release for something like 12 to 17 euros

farnham

Banned
ICallItFutile said:
I'm sure people will for Sin & Punishmenet 2.

It probably wasn't worth $50, but $40? Absolutely.
i suspect sales of that will be even lower then dead space extraction to be honest
i bought it though :D :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Maybe it would defeat the whole purpose of controller free gameplay, but a lightgun style accessory for Natal would be a lot better than making a gunshape with my hand and pointing it at the screen or pretending to hold an invisible gun.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Snuggler said:
Maybe it would defeat the whole purpose of controller free gameplay, but a lightgun style accessory for Natal would be a lot better than making a gunshape with my hand and pointing it at the screen or pretending to hold an invisible gun.
Cant it scan in objects to use as controllers? I thought I saw something about that, or something similar.

Mr.Green

timetokill said:
I bought it at $50 because I'm a Dead Space fanatic, and while I loved the game I agree that it was priced way too high.

But playing it with dual analogs? :lol Yeah, okay.

Analog support will definitely be in but I'd be floored if it didn't support Move/Natal. Like I said, Move support is a no-brainer and I personally consider it confirmed. I'd also bet they'll try something out for Natal. And it will be legendary.

Glad more people will be able to experience this game. Despite getting quite a few glowing reviews, the "on-rails" stigma at the time and price tag really hurt the chances of it reaching a lot of people who would otherwise enjoy it.

Oh, and thanks to the development team for giving us the option to reduce the effect of shaky cam, unlike a certain Resident Evil game that came out the same year.

InfiniteNine said:
20hx7pv.gif

fucking gif of the generation :lol

Mithos

pakkit said:
man i really hope this game doesn't effect dead space 2.

I dunno but....

Dead Space Extraction Spoiler.
When Neil, Gabe, and Lexine escapes from Ishimura, their destination is "the Sprawl", and Dead Space 2 is played on "the Sprawl". Somehow I guess Extraction will effect Dead Space 2.

Speevy

Banned
There seems to be a trend of selling some Wii games at half their retail price on PSN/XBLA.

Granted, they're not usually half as good as Dead Space Extraction.

Ricker

Good news if true,I rented the game on the Wii,got stuck in the middle of the game I guess, on a Boss,but I thought it was awesome,even with my suckiness with the controller...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
N30RYU said:
As you said... old rumors

you misunderstand

shiggy confirmed that the game is coming to psn/xbla

since the information is firsthand (or secondhand from a confidential document, whatever), there is no source, so he's also provided a link to the last time this was rumoured.

Eteric Rice

ICallItFutile said:
I'm sure people will for Sin & Punishmenet 2.

It probably wasn't worth $50, but $40? Absolutely.

No, S&P will probably bomb as well. Unless you sell these things for like $29.99 or so, you're not going to sell a ton.

Sounds nice, I enjoyed it on the Wii but yeah it was overpriced. Still a good game that makes pretty smart use of the Wiimote.

It is a great game on Wii. Very cinematic and a lot of fun when played in co-op. Looks great too.

Bringing it to the 360 without some form of light gun is silly though. As stupid as the

20hx7pv.gif

looks, some form of Natal support would be better than using the dual analogue sticks. At least, I hope it would be... Switching weapons might be difficult.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm a little weirded out by everyone getting excited for Move/Natal support but seemingly without a way to play this game already.

You can get a Wii and this game for $175. That's not significantly more expensive than getting Move/Natal and this game, and if you like rail shooters (and thus are interested in this game), there are plenty of Wii options to justify the hardware purchase, let alone the non-rail shooter games that are fun to play on Wii.

If you're really an audio-visual buff, you've probably got a gaming PC, right? This game runs fine in Dolphin at 720p/1080p, so just pick up a Wiimote / wireless sensor bar and go to town.

*shrugs* I didn't know so many people here were excited for motion gaming and didn't actually own Wiis.

szaromir

Banned
Dead Man Typing said:
looks, some form of Natal support would be better than using the dual analogue sticks. At least, I hope it would be... Switching weapons might be difficult.
How so? They could just make an abstract move for that, though I have no idea if Natal API will be any good with that stuff.
*shrugs* I didn't know so many people here were excited for motion gaming and didn't actually own Wiis.
I don't have a Wii but love Dead Space. Would rather play a light gun game with motion control than dual stick. Obviously Natal is $150 than forget it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Stumpokapow said:
I'm a little weirded out by everyone getting excited for Move/Natal support but seemingly without a way to play this game already.

You can get a Wii and this game for $175. That's not significantly more expensive than getting Move/Natal and this game, and if you like rail shooters (and thus are interested in this game), there are plenty of Wii options to justify the hardware purchase, let alone the non-rail shooter games that are fun to play on Wii.

If you're really an audio-visual buff, you've probably got a gaming PC, right? This game runs fine in Dolphin at 720p/1080p, so just pick up a Wiimote / wireless sensor bar and go to town.

I have a Wii (actually 2 if you count my gf's), but I'd rather play this on my PS3 with Move.

Even if I didnt though, I was planning on getting Move anyways, but not for this game.

Top Bottom