• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Extraction (Wii - EA/Eurocom) Details, Trailer

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
"EA and Eurocom craft a ground-up Wii prequel with first-person on-rails gameplay."
http://wii.ign.com/articles/954/954895p1.html
Trailer:
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14320036/dead-space/videos/deadspace_wiitrailer_021709.html

Publisher: EA
Developer: EA Redwood Shores Studio, Eurocom (assistance)
Release Date: Fall 2009
In Dead Space Extraction, gamers will take on the role of an all-new heroine and join a group of colonists struggling to escape the infection that has corrupted the Aegis VII mining colony. In a release, revealed a few general details about the game, stating, "Dead Space Extraction introduces new characters, weapons, enemies, puzzles and cooperative multiplayer gameplay."
dead-space-20090217093831088.jpg

dead-space-20090217095003626.jpg

New game! Deserved a new thread.

I might check it out now. :D I'm disappointed it's on-rails though, RE4 controls would've worked so well. :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hooray for female main characters! I wonder if the security guy who was the main character of the comics will be there

pakkit

Banned
From the other thread, because I'm a lazy bastard.
pakkit said:
Prequel

Nice, I love original material.

First-Person

Hell yes, an easy and smart way to take advantage of the Wii!

Co-Op

*reaches for lotion*

On-Rails

2ptncsx.gif

It's the hardcore we've already waited for.

...And I'll still probably get it.

Flek

Banned
you cant tell if the begining of the trailer is ingame or not - and the few "ingame gameplay scenes" at the end of the trailer are cuted so fast that you cat say something of the graphic either. But yeha.

Xav

So it's a new game, great this means it can stand on it's own rather than be compared to the original Dead Space.

Johann

Don't worry guys, it's just a test.

We'll pass it just like we did with Capcom!

(It almost sounded like System Shock with decent shooting at first...)

pakkit

Banned
EA totally ALMOST got it. They gave the project to an AAA developer. They've obviously put money into this project. But to go rail INSTEAD of 3rd-person or FPS (both of which are very uncrowded genres on the Wii) absolutely breaks my heart.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Xav said:
So it's a new game, great this means it can stand on it's own rather than be compared to the original Dead Space.

Its a Dead Space game. Of course it will be compared. It just doesnt have to be compared in bullshit technical ways like graphics or omg motion controls make make dual analog stupid or something

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
pakkit said:
EA totally ALMOST got it. They gave the project to an AAA developer. They've obviously put money into this project. But to go rail INSTEAD of 3rd-person or FPS (both of which are very uncrowded genres on the Wii) absolutely breaks my heart.

completely agree. they almost had it... and then let it slip away. better luck next time

pakkit said:

Gotta admit; I would have been disappointed had it been an FPS too. Perhaps not as much though.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
pakkit said:

It really is mind boggling why developers are doing this. Both 3rd-person shooters and FPS would work so well with the Wiimote and time and time again the genres are ignored. It's like a joke at this point.

For the record, I loved Umbrella Chronicles, but that's because I'm a Resident Evil fan and loved co-op. I don't give two shits about a Dead Space rail shooter.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DeaconKnowledge said:
Gotta admit; I would have been disappointed had it been an FPS too. Perhaps not as much though.

It probably would have been scarier as a fear roaming FPS. Lord knows we need more Shocks.

in an earlier post at a different board when the existence of Dead Space Wii was revealed I coined the term "The House of the Dead Space".

if that catches on I want credit. Anyways, it looks choice. I'm looking forward to it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
pakkit said:
It's also a pretty stupid business decision, when you have the example of high RE4 sales in a pretty empty genre, compared to almost equally high RE:UC sales in a pretty crowded one with much more competition.

happyfunball said:
When did Eurocom become AAA? They're a B-level studio AT BEST.

They know how to push Nintendo hardware at very least. That's something.

Jocchan said:
It's also a pretty stupid business decision, when you have the example of high RE4 sales in a pretty empty genre, compared to almost equally high RE:UC sales in a pretty crowded one with much more competition.

I'd hardly call the Wii shooter market "crowded". Two rereleases (Ghost Squad and HotD 2/3) three new games (Wii Play, Overkill, UC).

gfdoom

Game visually looks good, but on rails?...what a cop out EA. After playing the cool ass HOTD:eek:verkill, no other onrails shooter is gonna be as great. Damn ea, :( once again giving the Wii the shaft! :(

pakkit

Banned
We must rise up and fight the EA overlords! Our nunchuks refuse to carry on unrepresented for! Forward, men! ::call to arms::

neorej said:
This will sell, sadly enough...

...I don't get you guys. Why is it sad? It's a dedicated, ground up game for the Wii; precisely what people have been bitching for. It shouldn't sell because it's a rail shooter?

MarkusRJR

Ysiadmihi said:
For the record, I loved Umbrella Chronicles, but that's because I'm a Resident Evil fan and loved co-op. I don't give two shits about a Dead Space rail shooter.
Well of course no one's going to give two shits about a Dead Space rail-shooter. The only reason anyone even bought RE:UC was either for the fan service (none of which Dead Space has), or they thought it was an actual RE game (well, the mainstream audience thought this. At the high school I go to I heard that like half of the Wii owners in my class bought the game and all of them ended up being so pissed off that they're avoiding all new RE games).

DeaconKnowledge said:
...I don't get you guys. Why is it sad? It's a dedicated, ground up game for the Wii; precisely what people have been bitching for. IT shouldn't sell because it's a rail shooter?
It's sad because the Wii's always getting shafted when it comes to games, mainly getting the spinoffs (that are usually way shittier than the main series. Examples: Soul Caliber Legends, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Skate It!, Castlevania Judgment, Samurai Warriors: Katana, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Dragon Quest Swords, etc).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
DeaconKnowledge said:
I'd hardly call the Wii shooter market "crowded". Two rereleases (Ghost Squad and HotD 2/3) three new games (Wii Play, Overkill, UC).
Even if you ignore Ghost Squad and HOTD 2/3, UC and Overkill alone are enough to give the game less visibility (we're talking about a prequel to a game that sold OK, but didn't meet EA's expectations) at least more than just a rerelease and nothing else.

Delio

I acutally only played thru UC because it was On rails. I was never that good at normal RE so i wouldnt mind playing this version of Dead Space. I wonder how the co-op will be and maybe some online?

pakkit

Banned
DeaconKnowledge said:
Compare that to:

3rd-Person Shooters: Resident Evil 4 Wii

1st-Person Shooters: Red Steel, MoH: Heroes 2, CoD: World at War, shitty ports not mentioning

Edited to add RE4 before someone catches it.

Top Bottom