• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space, Gotham Knights, Midnight Suns, Hogwarts Legacy, Skull & Bones & The Callisto Protocol will cost $60 (PC) and $70 (PS5/XBox Series)

Buggy Loop

I'm sick of demeaning shit like this, no-one is "dumb" for choosing one or the other, they have their own pros and cons respectively and at the end of the day it comes down to what you enjoy more, and that's where the conversation should end.

I personally like to separate my working from my gaming as the majority of my work in music production and online financing is done on my laptop/mac so unless I'm playing an old PC game or Football Manager I like to play my XSX/Switch/PS5/Wii on a TV on my sofa where I can just turn off from it all and have a fun few hours.

OMG the sofa argument

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
If publishers think $70 for a game is fair let them charge it. If you disagree, don't pay it.

You don't have to play games on launch day, especially single player titles. While multiplayer games often require getting in early to stay competitive, single player games don't. If they're good, they'll still be good in a year or two when they go on sale for $20 with all the DLC included. You also get a version of the game with all the patches so it performs properly. On PC you get access to more comprehensive community patches that fix all the bugs the devs couldn't (or just didn't) and you have a selection of mods to use for many titles.

Just be patient and save yourself a bunch of money.
I agree 100%

I'm not sure how gamers have been conditioned to be so desperate to experience the latest thing that it's completely normal to expect people to buy a product before it's reviewed. Why? So that it can be experienced at midnight on a Tuesday.

Throw in the knowledge that it'll definitely be on sale within 6 months, sometimes with more than 50% off, and the behaviour seems even more unreasonable.

Last edited:
If more gamers would go physical, then $70 games wouldn’t be as much of a problem. You can catch it on sale or get it used. With digital, the companies will always dictate the prices and drop when they want to drop them.

Mr Hyde

I will grab Callisto and Dead Space when they hit around 40. Hogwarts maybe 20-30. Or maybe not. Harry Potter is not really my thing. Gotham Knights and Skull and Bones look like hot garbage.

Buggy Loop

very strange math.....

You get all the games from all consoles (even Nintendo if you emulate).
You get all the games from all consoles in their best possible version (if the developers know what they`re doing at least).
60+€ games? Keysellers, Store Sales, Gamepass....
Free choice of input hardware.
Free online, usually free cloudsaves etc, too.
Modding.
Your PC can do so much more than just play games..... You´ll probably have to get one for productivity reasons one way or the other.
All that extra value seems to be worth nothing, I guess........

I´d up that 1k price tag to 1500$ currently, but the value proposition PCs have is still insanely good if you`re not literally just someone who wants nothing but to press a button and start up Fifa....

Steam has the balls to let other stores compete against them for steam keys. It's a pretty unique situation.

PC also have genres that will never be beaten like sims. Thanks to input hardware like you say.

This ain't your Ace combat game. The sim study modules of that game even put to shame microsoft flight sim which almost makes them arcadey in comparison. Buy an F16 module and put a VR headset on with a good rig and HOTAS, you cannot leave from that experience unchanged.

Let's not even get into racing game rigs with direct drives and the superb selection of pedals/shifters and wheels for PC. They're beyond any fucking crap you can buy on console, where they also always try to fuck you over by making your previous gen rig obsolete for the next GT or Forza unless you buy into some HUB but then you need to plug in a controller because those on the wheel don't work anymore.

Mods are amazing. This FREE mod of half life 2 has better user reviews than nearly all TRUUPHHLEE AAAAYYYYYS

Instead of directing our justified anger towards these greedy publishers, who are arbitrarily raising prices on one platform instead of the other, this thread turned into a war between PC and Console ..

Duchess

Gotham Knights is £50 on Amazon UK right now, down from £65 launch price. Previews for that game are a bit ho hum right now.

EDMIX

I'm sick of demeaning shit like this, no-one is "dumb" for choosing one or the other, they have their own pros and cons respectively and at the end of the day it comes down to what you enjoy more, and that's where the conversation should end.

I personally like to separate my working from my gaming as the majority of my work in music production and online financing is done on my laptop/mac so unless I'm playing an old PC game or Football Manager I like to play my XSX/Switch/PS5/Wii on a TV on my sofa where I can just turn off from it all and have a fun few hours.

Agreed and I believe shit like this needs to start getting added to the whole "warring" thing as there is no reason to be harassing people or calling folks "dumb" cause they choose one system over the other or something.

I've been gaming on PC for decades and I've never said such things simply cause someone doesn't game on PC. For my work in IT, me being an artist, such a PC was needed, but also being a gamer it made sense to always have such a thing, having a PC powerful enough to play games, doesn't mean that is where I 100% want to play ALL GAMES as on paper sure, it seems like the best.

How do you know someone wants to game in their office for all games?
For online titles, some might want to play with their friends who may not own PC
The controller layout might be suited for some games better

Regardless, I don't play all content on PC, having the ability too is not as relevant as some might think to me or lots of gamers. Like you, I play certain things in PC that I prefer, like Company Of Heroes series or Total War and lots of isometric CRPG etc.

Even if those games came to PS or Nintendo or something, I'd still play them on PC as I'm like that with several IP.

How and where I want to play a game is my business and this weird shit of attacking gamers based on this shouldn't be on here. So as a PC gamer myself, I don't know why some feel the need to do this crap.

Top Bottom