• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut |PC OT| Do you remember what the coffee said?

Nillansan

So apparently the game has been unlocked for people who bought it via Gamers Gate. Someone in the Steam Community is reporting that the game is running at 60 FPS during gameplay and 30 FPS during cut-scenes.

prudislav

There is no graphics options at all and the launcher is everything you can adjust so yeah you are stuck with 1280x720 as screen resolution so running it in windowed mode is probably required.
(Full keyboard and mouse support, all keys can be rebound and the prompts do show correct input icons.)

Arthea

There is no graphics options at all and the launcher is everything you can adjust so yeah you are stuck with 1280x720 as screen resolution so running it in windowed mode is probably required.
(Full keyboard and mouse support, all keys can be rebound and the prompts do show correct input icons.)

Are you sure? That doesn't sound right.

prudislav

got that info from guy who bought it on gamersgate - as for myseld i am not gonna buy it unless at least resolutions will be changeable

Sounds awesome. Already expected something like this

I'm surprised it will be available on GOG too! That's excellent! :)

Have fun all of you playing this for the first time!
I'll join in at a later date after a couple mods will be available as I just finished a 100% playthrough of the PS3 version recently.

It's interesting that they went the extra mile to provide fully rebindable KB/M controls with prompts that reflect the correct icons and yet neglected such an elementary option like a configurable Rendering Resolution at the very least.

Hmmm.. I might have to hold out on this game for a bit.

Foaloal

I'm not saying it won't be 720p locked but maybe we should hold off on taking that as 100% until we see for ourselves if there are any config files or command line arguments that can be used, since the quote only mentions there being no in game or in launcher options.

Edit: This thread seems to pretty much confirm it http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706035

stn

Now that the game is out, a few questions:

1. Is there a demo?
2. If no, will it run well on the following: 2.3GHz Core i7 processor, GeForceGT 630M 1GB video card, Intel Integrated Graphics 4000, and 8GB RAM.

Thank you!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Now that the game is out, a few questions:

1. Is there a demo?
2. If no, will it run well on the following: 2.3GHz Core i7 processor, GeForceGT 630M 1GB video card, Intel Integrated Graphics 4000, and 8GB RAM.

Thank you!

That all seems well above their requirements so you should be fine.
Recommended:
Processor: Intel Quad Core 1.6Ghz / AMD Quad Core 1.6Ghz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM; Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon HD 4890 or higher
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct X compatible sound card

Syf

Banned
60 FPS is nice but I'm very disappointed that it's apparently locked at 720p with no graphics options. Probably going to wait until someone fixes it before playing. :/

vocab

Now I'm really happy I didn't buy it. The ps3 version was awful. These devs and publishers just don't give a Fuck.

Parsnip

Assuming it doesn't crash constantly or anything, 60fps means that it's still the best version of the game. But lets hope that Durante can do what he does.

lol at "includes Life is Beautiful"

h754EwJ.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a heads-up, the Steam version includes all of the PS3 version DLC in it (the cars, suits, and the real estate DLC). It also includes a new Halloween-themed costume for York (Pumpkin themed), Emily (Devil themed), and Raincoat Killer (Phantom theme). All of these can be turned on or off on the main menu.

Parsnip

For anyone who has played the PC port, is there really no controller support?
I launched it briefly and on my regular 360 controller B button worked. So basically I managed to get to the game, since that happened to be the confirm button. And when in game, up direction of dpad worked but it got "stuck" so the game would just infinitely switch weapons.

No idea how directinput pads work out of the gate, but xinput pads seem busted.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
ivRrLX6fiQ303.png

Destructoid: 10/10
There is absolutely nothing in this industry that can compare to how weird and wonderful the whole experience is. Judged as a piece
of entertainment, as a game that consistently surprises and amazes and leaves jaws hanging, I have no choice but to say that
Deadly Premonition goes above and beyond. This game is so bad, it's not just become good. It's pretty close to perfect.

If this quote is for real then it must be a laughably terrible review.

geebee

Banned
I really want to get this, but I'd hate to support the game for their laziness. Even if Durante helps everyone out by fixing this game.. I dunno.

MRORANGE

Durante has got the game working at 2560x1440, it took him less than 80 minutes to fix it.

dp_2013_10_29_19_47_4fzbvw.jpg

Main menu and movies are borked, DoF and shadows are still low (unchanged) resolution, but still: 1 hour and 19 minutes after the steam download finished, we have a 2560x1440 render.

smh at the developers.

DavidPR

Wow! I am floored by Durante's skills! I just shot him a message. Hopefully I am able to put him in direct communication with RSG so we can have an official patch or get something worked out. :)

lol at "includes Life is Beautiful"

h754EwJ.jpg

tumblr_mlsd1oS6LF1ryzizgo1_500.gif

Whoever did the soundtrack cover knows exactly what's up.

God I can't believe I'm this excited to be double dipping into a game, but goddamnit if this wasn't one of my favourites this year.
I kept thinking while playing it "this shouldn't be good. Like objectively this should not be a good game" but I couldn't stop.
I know people have said it before, but this really is the Twin Peaks of videogames, in so many more ways than one.
Glad to see DP getting some love.

Larsa

This version is hilariously broken, but man..I really love this game. Playing through the prologue and the 60 fps is enough to make me play through the whole thing again.

Yuripaw

Banned
Man...I wish I had waited before buying this version now. Hopefully we do get a fix for most of the issues, but without proper gamepad support, this will be unplayable for me =/

Syf

Banned
Well just played through the prologue and a little bit of episode one. Perfectly smooth, constant 120 FPS at 1080p thanks to Durante (except for the video sequences). I don't like how the mouse controls were implemented. The camera feels restricted and the aiming sensitivity seems to vary. But it's an improvement over the 360 version so there's that. I'm excited to play through this again.

Top Bottom