• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool director working hard to get 'The Goon' movie made

Status
Not open for further replies.
X1iYp88.jpg

http://collider.com/the-goon-movie-update-tim-miller-kickstarter/

An adaptation of Eric Powell’s Dark Horse Comics series The Goon has been in the works for a very, very, very long time now. Its history as a project goes back as far as six years ago, and in fact it’s when many first heard of Deadpool director Tim Miller, who has been attached to co-direct the film alongside Jeff Fowler for the entirety of its development. David Fincher is producing the adaptation, but it’s had trouble gaining traction since it’s essentially an animated movie for PG-13 audiences, which is both costly and risky. Or at least it was.

Following the smashing success of Deadpool, interest in The Goon has started up anew, and Miller is more than happy to use some of his newfound clout to finally get The Goon made. For those unaware, the story follows a pair of colorful characters as they fend off various supernatural creatures, from zombies to ghouls to giant squids.

"“We haven’t taken it back out yet, but I can honestly say, without saying who, there has been a number of calls now—for years it didn’t happen—saying, ‘Hey we hear you have this Goon project. When can we see it? What can we see?’ Jeff and I re-recorded some V.O. for the animatic last week, we’re doing some more week after next with a very prominent movie star. We know we’ve got a really good shot here and we wanna put our best foot forward.”"

Knife to my eye if old

Hagi

There was a Kickstarter for this right? Blur making a show reel or something. The comic is pretty cool but I'm not really sure how a film would be received.

sn00zer

It makes me happy he's cashing in on Deadpool good will to get dormant Blur projects moving. I rememer reading about this years and years ago, and was properly excited when they finally released the teaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom