• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear God - When a cat rolls on its back it means it DOESN'T want its belly rubbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This cannot be true of all cats.

Mine will roll over and stretch and when he gets a belly rub he purrs like crazy and then start to do a swimming motion with his paws which he does when very content.

sirap

Mine will roll over and stretch and when he gets a belly rub he purrs like crazy and then start to do a swimming motion with his paws which he does when very content.

This is what mine does, except she likes to do a push and pull motion with her paws..similar to what kittens do when drinking milk from their mother.

This is what mine does, except she likes to do a push and pull motion with her paws..similar to what kittens do when drinking milk from their mother.

That's a better way to describe it. Yeah that's what he's doing really.

He just seems to love it and comes looking for it. Rolls over in front of me for it.

KtSlime

That's a better way to describe it. Yeah that's what he's doing really.

He just seems to love it and comes looking for it. Rolls over in front of me for it.

It's called kneading. Cats do it when they are comfortable and relaxed.

dan2026: And ringing a doorbell for a human is the same action as poking someone in the eye.

ScrubJay

The stray cat that lives on my porch loves a good rubdown. It doesn't ever fully roll on it's back, though, it just rolls on it's side and lifts it's neck up for me to scratch under there. Still, whenever I touch it's stomach it never protests, it just purrs and leans into it.

$h@d0w

iFZFFelAyDYi3.gif

Same here. Mine will even follow me around at times and repeatedly flop over on the floor wherever I go until she gets her tummy rubs and pets. She purrs and presses her paws against me.

ryan13ts

What a weird way to infer trust.

It's like a human pulling down his pants, bending over and saying "I trust you enough not to shove your fist up there, pat my head instead"

Yeah..

turnbuckle

my cat is usually very playful when she rolls onto her back. she'll attack when I rub her belly sometimes, and when I pull back she'll get back on her belly. we'll repeat this a few times and then I'll stop. without fail she'll come over to my hand and head butt it, then start forcing my hand to basically pet her as she keeps head butting/ walking through my hand.

I'll start petting her again, then sometimes she'll jump up on my lap and lay there ; other times she'll roll back around exposing her belly and this process repeats.

I don't trust this anti-cat propoganda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom