• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathsmiles 2X |OT| Christmas in May

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
rayner said:
Actually 11 out of 1902 have this:

There are 2 other Achievements I don't know offhand ( Marked Secret ) that add up to 100 Gamerscore and only 5 out of 1902 have on the site. I think one involves playing MegaBlack Label on highest difficulty and not being hit! This of couse is based on registerd users.
Looking at the list, it would be these two.

MBL 1.1's Hidden Challenge (50)
Score has reached 10,000,000,000 points in Mega Black Label 1.1 mode.

Triple Hundred Millionaire (50)
Score has reached 300,000,000 points. Xbox 360 / Arcade
Hey, do you know if the large cake in IIX is triggered by JUST defeating Satan Claws with a lock-shot or do you have to defeat every other boss with lock-shot first?

I've read it both ways and was going to attempt that one next.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
rayner said:
There are 2 other Achievements I don't know offhand ( Marked Secret ) that add up to 100 Gamerscore and only 5 out of 1902 have on the site. I think one involves playing MegaBlack Label on highest difficulty and not being hit! This of couse is based on registerd users.

Must be the one where you have to kill the last true boss bloody jitterbug. If i remember, you fight him either going through MBL level 999 without getting hit once or 1.1 without using continues.

Or the scoring ones, i think there's a few hidden achievements for them.

orion434

Princess Skittles said:
Hey, do you know if the large cake in IIX is triggered by JUST defeating Satan Claws with a lock-shot or do you have to defeat every other boss with lock-shot first?

I've read it both ways and was going to attempt that one next.

I did it with lock-on shots for all bosses including Field F, never tried to do a lock-on for just Satan Claws.

Ultimately the Achievements for Deathsmailes II X are easier than the original. I think the 2 are the MBL 1.1 Hidden Challenge, and the Achievement Kandrick mentioned for Bloody Jitterbug.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
rayner said:
I did it with lock-on shots for all bosses including Field F, never tried to do a lock-on for just Satan Claws.

Ultimately the Achievements for Deathsmailes II X are easier than the original. I think the 2 are the MBL 1.1 Hidden Challenge, and the Achievement Kandrick mentioned for Bloody Jitterbug.

I checked that trueachievement website and it appears to be :

Triple Hundred Millionaire 50
Score has reached 300,000,000 points. Xbox 360 / Arcade

The True Tyrant 25
Defeated Bloody Jitterbug. MBL

Only the 5 people that 100%ed the game have them.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
rayner said:
Okay, thanks!

rayner said:
It's the two I posted if it's two secret achievements equaling 100 points.

The achievement for defeating Bloody Jitterbug is only 25 points (and there's no secret 75 point achievement).

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Princess Skittles said:
Okay, thanks!

It's the two I posted if it's two secret achievements equaling 100 points.

The achievement for defeating Bloody Jitterbug is only 25 points (and there's no secret 75 point achievement).

Its 75. One 50 and one 25.

Kandrick said:
Only the 5 people that 100%ed the game have them.

Yeah, but those 5 people just cheated/glitched the achievements, so really, no one has completed the NA version. I do think one or two people have earned the 300m achievement legitimately, but no one has defeated Bloody Jitterbug yet.

But I digress. I've been wanting to get back to this game this since it released on GoD, but I still don't have the stupid dashboard update so I can't go online with my JP 360. ugh

1CCing on Level 1 on default was easy once I'd gotten accustomed to the controls; I just need to practice the higher levels and work on scoring. :3 I made a valiant attempt on Score Attack (mixed level run) but finally died at Satan Claws. I think part of my problem is I'm "afraid" to use bombs. I end up saving them and saving them, only to never use them - so then I lose lives. Heh.

Anyway, this is officially a new favorite. I hope it sells well enough on GoD to warrant more Cave releases for us Westerners.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Yes Boss! said:
Neat! Hope it sells well so we get more.

Nitpick: Patrick kinda forgot that VC was the first to really open the gate with unlocalized download games from japan.

Gah, you're right. And I claim to be one of the people who advocates for Wii. phail.

Yes Boss!

Patrick Klepek said:
Gah, you're right. And I claim to be one of the people who advocates for Wii. phail.
Yah, I know. You even went out of your way to support it in the recent Pachter Pre-E3 roundtable podcast.

Just cleared the game on default settings using 1cc, all lv3 fields, including field F, and still didn't get the 100g achievement... Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I doing something wrong?

Anyways, I'm having a blast playing DS2X! Thank you games on demand!

Edit: That's weird, after the credits the game didn't ask me if I wanted to save my replay or something... Also my latest run doesn't show up on the local leaderboards. Anyone might know why?

Are you playing score attack? If not make sure you are, that way your score gets saved at least online. Not sure if the local leaderboards have some issue though.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Working_Stiff said:
Random question - Is this like the original where you had unlimited continues?
Sure.

But anyone who plays these games expects to use exactly zero of them. Don't treat them as extra lives, they're basically "you utterly fail.. want to continue anyway?"

BocoDragon said:
Sure.

But anyone who plays these games expects to use exactly zero of them. Don't treat them as extra lives, they're basically "you utterly fail.. want to continue anyway?"

Thanks, but I guess I should have clarified. I'd prefer it to not have unlimited continues. I give into the temptation to just hitting continue everytime despite my best efforts to not do it. I guess I'm just weak. But I will probably be picking this up anyways.

danmaku

Working_Stiff said:
Thanks, but I guess I should have clarified. I'd prefer it to not have unlimited continues. I give into the temptation to just hitting continue everytime despite my best efforts to not do it. I guess I'm just weak. But I will probably be picking this up anyways.

Play in score attack mode, you can't continue in score attack.

Daigoro

i got the 4 billion achievement yesterday. pretty easy. im starting to get the hang of raking in the points, still cant really figure out where and how to do a full recharge though.

my high score is about 5.1 billion at the moment i think. still not on the top of my friend list though! (i got some guys who are insanely good a shmups on my friend list)

the game is super fun. i cant believe people were panning DS2. it looks great and is a blast to play. it may not have the charm of the the first one, but it does have its own charm and i dig it a lot.

browsing the achievement list is nuts. this is probably the easiest Cave game to 1000 by far (unless im missing something), and they totally encourage you to cheat! is there actually an achievement for changing the settings to make it easier on yourself in game? lol. whacky stuff.

ive only tried arrange once so far, and have even touched that other odd mode yet. gonna try that today.

well worth my $30. im certainly getting my monies worth. more imports on GOD please!

Working_Stiff said:
Thanks. I haven't tried that. I usually just stick with X360 mode.

you can play score attack in 360 mode. its just the online ranked version of 360 mode as opposed to the offline version. you'll see it in the menu.

Daigoro

holy shit, Extra mode is... odd. i did a quick run through today. weird addition to the game.

also, i realized that the achievement i was referencing above was inaccurate. the achievement isnt for changing the settings, but the description of the achievement does reference changing the settings to make it easier to get. still wacky stuff.

the achievements in this game actually seem possible to 1000/1000 unlike every other Cave game ever.

Llyranor

Finally got around to getting the game. After a few tries (haven't credit-fed myself to the end yet), I quite like it. Good gameplay, good bullet patterns, definitely worthy of the first game. The 3D graphics are fine, not a huge deal. Definitely recommended for fans of the first game, or shmups in general.

it sucks i cant buy this game. i have a PAL xbox on the australian server - so games on demand doesnt work and no disc version available. it sucks because i have death smiles 1, and about 10 cave games including 4 on PCB and i still cant get my hands on this..

shaowebb

I've never heard of it going on sale. My fear is it going off of XBLA with how virtual games keep falling off of markets after awhile.

I've never heard of it going on sale. My fear is it going off of XBLA with how virtual games keep falling off of markets after awhile.

Ah, that's a true point but have they ever done that for games on demand? I only remember hearing about that for XBLA titles that haven't sold a certain amount.

Daigoro

doubtful on a sale any time soon, but who knows. GoD games on sale are a rarity.

buy it, its a really great game and worth $30 easily. i was just playing it the other day. it's fantastic.

Top Bottom