• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathsmiles coming to Europe in 2011

hipgnosis said:
So what was US GAFs' general consensus with Deathsmiles? You guys enjoyed it? How is it compared to other Cave titles?

I think I like Mushi Futari a little more, but I'm not sure. Of the cave games I've played, this one is pretty close to the top, even if it is a bit "easy" for a shmup. And its one of my favorite Horizontal shmups ever.

Yes Boss!

They are in the bottom half of my list of Cave games. Still awesome, just so many other more awesome games above them. I do dig the choose-your-own difficulty of them both. And DSII is only Cave game remade for 16:9 displays on the disc release...totally beautiful.

iconoclast said:
I wouldn't get your hopes up for that. It probably just means they're taking the version Cave designed for Aksys and releasing it as is. It would be nice if it had the correct slowdown though, I'm just a pessimist.
I don't know, one of the few good points about Rising Star Games is that they do try and keep things are close to the original Japanese release as possible. In particular for Fragile Dreams they were going to go ignore XSEEDs US voices and go for a straight text translation with Japanese voices, until they decided just to throw both on the disc.

Llyranor

hipgnosis said:
So what was US GAFs' general consensus with Deathsmiles? You guys enjoyed it? How is it compared to other Cave titles?
Prefer Futari to it, but prefer it to EspII.

Yeah, it's easier, but I still can't 1CC it yet :lol

hipgnosis

So there will be some stuff exclusive to Europe in the PAL release, from the Rising Star Games' Twitter:

“The European edition will be a collectible in its own right, offering content not available in either of the Japanese or US editions,” product manager Yen Hau told MCV.

“It is something unique to Europe, which will make collectors very happy. We expect incredibly good figures at retail.”

The nature of the exclusive European content will be announced in the New Year.

More here: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/42134/Rising-Star-guns-for-glory-with-Deathsmiles

Pretty excited to see what they come up with! New mode? Cave collectibles?

Pooya

Press Release

Thursday 16th December 2010: Rising Star Games today revealed its Deathsmiles Deluxe Edition exclusive to PAL territories. The pack features the complete version of the game, including the Mega Black Label DLC, a desktop accessory pack and the original soundtrack.

Featuring three different game modes: Arcade (original Arcade game), Xbox 360 (Arcade conversion) and Version 1.1 (conversion designed specifically for the Xbox 360), Deathsmiles also features a two-player co-op mode, where players can take up the challenge with a friend at home or via Xbox LIVE. With difficulty options on all modes catering for newcomers and veterans, the PAL version of the game also includes the Mega Black Label pack: an expanded version of the game with a range of special features, an additional stage and an extra playable character.

The official soundtrack and desktop accessory pack was release in Japan as a single offering, retailing at the equivalent of over £25, and was never included in the Japanese and US versions of the game. Combined with a CD featuring 23 tracks, the desktop accessory pack offers fans the ability to kit out their PC for a full Deathsmiles experience.

“The Deluxe edition is completely exclusive to PAL.” said Martin Defries, managing director, Rising Star Games. “Different versions have been released in the US and Asia but Rising Star Games has managed secure a unique version, the ultimate Deathsmiles experience.”

Deathsmiles will be released throughout PAL in early 2011, courtesy of Rising Star Games

hipgnosis

Sounds great! It's great that it has the soundtrack included!

What is that desktop accessory pack? Anyone knows?

Also region-locking confirmed by RSG. :(

danmaku

hipgnosis said:
Sounds great! It's great that it has the soundtrack included!

What is that desktop accessory pack? Anyone knows?

IIRC it's a bunch of wallpapers / icons / sound effects for Windows.

OMG Aero

I haven't really paid attention to this game at all and only heard about it because Rising Star is publishing it, but is this basically like Espgaluda on the iPhone?

danmaku

OMG Aero said:
I haven't really paid attention to this game at all and only heard about it because Rising Star is publishing it, but is this basically like Espgaluda on the iPhone?

It's a bullet hell shooter like Espgaluda, but with horizontal scrolling (well, most of the time) and the scoring system is totally different.

hipgnosis

OMG Aero said:
I'd say you will enjoy Deathsmiles if you enjoyed Espgaluda II. Deathsmiles is a more accessible title. It scrolls horizontally and has a different scoring system, but it should be a pretty enjoyable title as well.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Good news, Cave has put the JP version's slowdown back in the PAL version.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=640823#p640823
Zeron said:
This is from CAVE's facebook

Slaven Radmanovic CAVE
Hello CAVE, I know that Death Smiles is coming to Europe by Rising Star Games but I have a question.

Will it have the same slowdowns as the Japanese version or is it like the USA one?

CAVE
At the request of Rising Star Games, we have altered the slowdowns in the European release to be closer to the Japanese version. We have also removed heavy accents from certain character's dialogues.

You can read more in this thread on RSG...'s forum: http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=473&start=80

Dambrosi

Banned
Aigis said:

Zeron said:
This is from CAVE's facebook
CAVE
At the request of Rising Star Games, we have altered the slowdowns in the European release to be closer to the Japanese version. We have also removed heavy accents from certain character's dialogues.

You can read more in this thread on RSG...'s forum: http://www.risingstargames.com/forum...t=473&start=80
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=640823#p640823
Eh? "Heavy accents"? So no more "omg kawaii, uguu~~"? Or just no cockney accent for Windia (if she had one)? :lol

Risette

A Good Citizen
Dambrosi said:
Eh? "Heavy accents"? So no more "omg kawaii, uguu~~"? Or just no cockney accent for Windia (if she had one)? :lol
Stuff like this:
deathsmiles_32.jpg

deathsmiles_40.jpg

deathsmiles_43.jpg

deathsmiles_44.jpg

deathsmiles_62.jpg

hipgnosis

Aigis said:
Hell yeah! This is turning out to be so great. And just for 18 pounds this is a steal! According to hmv.com this is getting released feb. 25. Man february is packed. :lol

Yes Boss!

hipgnosis said:
Hell yeah! This is turning out to be so great. And just for 18 pounds this is a steal! According to hmv.com this is getting released feb. 25. Man february is packed. :lol
Does HMV send games to the US? Looking for an online retailer to bu this from.

hipgnosis

Yes Boss! said:
Does HMV send games to the US? Looking for an online retailer to bu this from.
Yes I think they have worldwide shipping. Not sure how much it costs though.

I'm probably going to wait for amazon.co.uk to put this up for preorder.

meppi

Well, I don't have a 360, nor did I plan on buying one, even though I have a region-free Mushihimesama Futari.

But I will buy this game to support Rising Star.
And who knows, if it sells enough and we get a dozen more shmups over here, I'll finally buy a 360 as well. :lol

Risette

A Good Citizen
Chiaroscuro said:
A patch to make the game worse in the general public eyes (by adding slowdown)?
It can also make it better to the general public because it'll make the game easier. Besides, it's not like the general public cares about these games anyways.

Danj

Tranced Shadow said:
Actually, ShopTo is cheaper (best to pay with PayPal if you're going with them though - their credit card security is historically poor).

Only by about 13 pence - HMV have it for £17.99 whereas ShopTo have it for £17.83. I think it's worth paying the extra to get it from somewhere that doesn't have dodgy credit card management :D

Top Bottom