• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Delta is now available on the Apple Appstore... and it rocks

LordBritish

Just search for Delta on the US app store (scroll down a while to find it - UPDATE - its the #1 download now in free apps section), install it, upload a few games in zip format to your gmail account, load gmail on the phone, save them on your phone in a new file folder, and then in Delta just choose top right plus sign, files and it will list most recents and choose your game. I recommend Metroid for the NES as a first test because it looks and plays great with just touch controls. You can use many types of joysticks as well.... I never thought I would see the day I would play a NES rom on my iphone via an app on the app store that Apple has given the thumbs up to.... without a jailbreak!

Verge has a nice write up on it..

update - search app store for "delta - game emulator" for fine tuned results..

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Shigeru Miyamoto Eating GIF

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Does it have any crt shader filters?
No not yet kinda bare but it works

Tried new,gba, and ds games and they all work great!

I was even able to upload new skins the pink day one looks awesome but I need a different color. If someone k owes where the images are for editing I’d like to know

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Remember, it plays Genesis/Mega Drive too, on top of the Nintendo systems up to the N64 & DS. It seems so weird that Apple owners only now get stuff that almost every other computing device has had for decades but better late than never.

Somebody make iCade 2 now (& make it work for various tablet/sizes, not just Apple's)? Please?

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I'm glad Apple finally allows emulation on their store. This was one of my main reasons from bouncing off of iOS back in 2011. I'm not a fan of a general purpose (lite) OS telling me what I can and what I cannot install.

P.S. MS really got me hot when they went into my console and deactivated apps that I have downloaded and used for almost a year. In that case though, I was surprised I was even able to get duckstation, ps2x, and retroarch going in the first place. Still pissed about it, as I was able to run PS2 games at 4x resolution with great performance.

Last edited:

calistan

Just search for Delta on the US app store (scroll down a while to find it)
Scroll down a while… it isn’t even in the top 100 results for Delta! Got it now though (UK store). Searching ‘delta - game emulator’ cuts out all the flight tracking apps.

Just let me use my iPhone as a mass storage device already. Till then, why bother with all the pains of this when Android just lets you do it.
You can do that already. I just tested it by searching for a rom, downloaded it, it’s saved to the files folder and the emulator will find it there. How is that any easier on another OS?

Puscifer

Scroll down a while… it isn’t even in the top 100 results for Delta! Got it now though (UK store). Searching ‘delta - game emulator’ cuts out all the flight tracking apps.

You can do that already. I just tested it by searching for a rom, downloaded it, it’s saved to the files folder and the emulator will find it there. How is that any easier on another OS?
Can I side load apps, download files, put videos on it for flights, etc? Basically use my phone as an external drive.

Screenshot-20240417-131813.png

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I followed the steps in the OP, but got errors about bios. Here are the screens I get for DS games:
GLZLhySbYAAvys_

GLZLhyUaYAAEl58

Last edited:

Soodanim

Can you please resize phone screenshots in the post editor so that they aren't full size? They can always be clicked for full size if needed and they're awful to see on desktop.
Can I side load apps, download files, put videos on it for flights, etc? Basically use my phone as an external drive.
I agree with you, but if people are willing to get the files onto their phone then it's a nice new option for them. The casting to TV is a nice touch, although personally I wouldn't ever want to use a touch screen as a controller and would need to connect a controller. Luckily that's also possible.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Can you please resize phone screenshots in the post editor so that they aren't full size? They can always be clicked for full size if needed and they're awful to see on desktop.

I agree with you, but if people are willing to get the files onto their phone then it's a nice new option for them. The casting to TV is a nice touch, although personally I wouldn't ever want to use a touch screen as a controller and would need to connect a controller. Luckily that's also possible.
Yeah I'm not knocking it, I really wanna return to iPhone but damn I can't lie that every step with Apple and openness that makes me want to come back is a 2 steps forward 3 steps back situation because you always end up back with a locked down device. Once I got used to swapping files in and out I could never go back honestly

reinking

Gold Member
Awesome. I had 4 roms stroed in icloud and it brought those over easy enough. Thanks for the heads up. Now I am waiting for PPSSPP.

calistan

You can download videos on it, but what does that have to do with this emulator?

I thought when you were complaining about "the pains of this" that you meant the stuff the OP said about messing with gmail. So I pointed out that you can click a file directly in the web browser and download it to an iPhone.

UK Link

Top Bottom