• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Delta is now available on the Apple Appstore... and it rocks

twilo99

The hapatic feedback on the newer iPhones really is sublime and makes the experience here even better overall

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Just tried it with the backbone game controller. Works great.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
This is false. There is no Sega support. It only is for the Nintendo systems mentioned in the original story.
image.png
image.png

Granted, it's in beta so maybe for patreon subscribers but the various pages (and article you cite) mentioning support for the system aren't very clear about that 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is false. There is no Sega support. It only is for the Nintendo systems mentioned in the original story.
Bro the original story linked in the OP literally says this

(and even the Sega Genesis, for when you want to play those games that Nintendon’t).

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I can't imagine wanting to play games on a shitty phone screen with shitty touch screen controls (or having to lug around a shitty seperate controller for it)
What’s the options? Some of us have iPhones with us at all times now you want to carry that plus another devices like a 3ds etc around in our pockets? It’s really convenient to have it on the phone and synch across our devices with saves etc.

DeepSpace5D

Whoa…this is awesome. Just gave it a shot on my Ipad pro and everything works, except I have no audio for some reason. I’ll play around with it though.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
No you can hook a usb drive up to an iPhone and it reads in the files app which other apps can access if user gives them permission.
That’s not what I was talking about, talking about just plugging an iPhone into a pc and loading files onto it.

I don’t believe those are accessible from within iOS but I could be wrong.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dang this is so awesome. I never thought I’d actually see the day where I’d have to stop jankily sideloading emulators on my iPhone. Now all I need is Dolphin with USB to GCN controller support and I will be good forever.

theHFIC

Granted, it's in beta so maybe for patreon subscribers but the various pages (and article you cite) mentioning support for the system aren't very clear about that 🤷‍♂️

Bro the original story linked in the OP literally says this
I apologize, you are right. I didn't read the article since I avoid Vox trash and was basing it on other sites that discussed Delta and what systems are actually supported in the App Store release. But hey, my ROMS are ready for when they do decide to support it. As of now it doesn't so we wait.

I hope this app gets screen resizing options at some point, it’s hard to play some of these games on a small screen without changing the aspect ratio.

I remember jail breaking my iPod Touch in junior high and emulation was the primary reason for it. Good times.

Pretty neat to finally see a decent emulator make its way to the official appstore. Gave it a spin and I'm pretty impressed with the quality so far:
Fz15CcC.png

Not sure there is much (if anything) they can do about it
They can quietly complain to apple, like they did with Microsoft. Don’t expect it anytime soon, don’t think Nintendo wants to rock the boat so soon, give it a year or 2,

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can I side load apps, download files, put videos on it for flights, etc? Basically use my phone as an external drive.

Screenshot-20240417-131813.png
I also used to have all my devices ROM and save folders synched to Google Drive and I could seamlessly play and resume from my phone, tablet or Nvidia Shield, it was beautiful.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is there a good snes style controller that will work with iOS.

Maddux4164

No need to go through that whole upload to gmail and add gmail to phone and etc

iPhone can absolutely download those files directly and Delta will see them and click open. Done. Easy.

DeepSpace5D

I aint brining no controllers along. Point is, I think menu games is what makes sense on touch.

Oh Im playing on an ipad pro 13 inch at home. I don’t bring it out with me often, that’d be like bringing your laptop with you all the time. I have it sitting on my desk paired with controller and it’s awesome.

If I was just using my little phone while out then yeah I’m not going to bother bringing a controller as well.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

How "strange" that Apple had a sudden change of heart on this policy, just when they're forced to allow third party app stores. Not like this would take a lot of the wind out of them as a significant reason people wanted them.

Anyways, I'm in Canada and not getting the third party EU app stores, so I'm glad to be playing Pokemon Stadium 2 on my iPhone anyway!

Ozriel

M$FT
Oh Im playing on an ipad pro 13 inch at home. I don’t bring it out with me often, that’d be like bringing your laptop with you all the time. I have it sitting on my desk paired with controller and it’s awesome.

If I was just using my little phone while out then yeah I’m not going to bother bringing a controller as well.

Tbh I can see myself playing with a controller in a long flight on my iPad Pro.

Last edited:

DeVeAn

The hapatic feedback on the newer iPhones really is sublime and makes the experience here even better overall
Really does. So awesome to have instant access to this stuff (as an iphone user). Maybe one of those small 8bitdo controller on a keychain would be nice compliment.

Maddux4164

Really does. So awesome to have instant access to this stuff (as an iphone user). Maybe one of those small 8bitdo controller on a keychain would be nice compliment.
Are those iOS compatible? I know the 8bitdo pro for like $50 is “officially supported”.

That cheap $20 one would suit me fine for this purpose though. Just easy. Small. Play a bit and move on.

Maddux4164

For fun, tested Goldeneye 007 on N64

One of the more demanding games. It runs at full speed. No skips. Nothing. Phone emulation has come a long way. Also my iPhone is from 2020. So it’s not the new 14 or 15 etc
NgEarFa.png

StereoVsn

I really wish I could find a decent telescoping controller with USB C that could accommodate Pro Max phones with a thin case. All of them expect you to take the case off and I ask not dealing with that.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I really wish I could find a decent telescoping controller with USB C that could accommodate Pro Max phones with a thin case. All of them expect you to take the case off and I ask not dealing with that.

The new V2 Backbone controllers support Pro Max phones with a case.

And they're the best telescopic controller you can get, so win-win.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Are you sure it was a V2? The new models fit the majority of normal sized cases.
Yeah, that was a V2. Maybe between the camera bump and the case it wouldn’t work. I could probably cut that extra protection cut out or something but don’t feel like doing that on a $100 controller.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I’d like to see some new skins available at some point, or the ability to remove them.
they are already available. https://delta-skins.github.io just add them to your iCloud or whatever and inside delta select the current skin and a + will show up top right and add a new one by importing the file you downloaded. Its a little tricky at first but its works

Last edited:
Top Bottom