• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demo PlayStation VR at Select Best Buy Stores (Every weekend through December)

I'll be trying out the one in Worcester as soon as I get out of work. Hopefully it won't be too busy. I'd rather not stand in line for an hour inside a Best Buy with a bunch of sweaty dudes.

Anyone going to the Enfield, CT one? I might go today or tomorrow but if anyone there could report the line and wait time, that would be greatly appreciated.

Sylas

Tempted to go to the one in Chelsea, NYC to check it out but at the same time I'm wary of just standing in line to get a few minute-long demo... Hrm.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
None in my home state but I'll be leaving for DIA early tomorrow morning and my hotel is in Northglenn. So wet right now.

I am going after work to try it out. I tried it at PSX and was very impressed. I will try to post impressions later tonight. I am so excited to get to play it again!

Thewonandonly

In case people didn't notice, the number of stores will expand by a lot on June 24th. PS Blog says about 300 locations

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...ng-to-retailers-nationwide-starting-tomorrow/

In my situation I can drive 1 hour through the hell that is Houston traffic to go through a long ass line to play one game on PSVR or just wait a week and go to my local best buy that is a 5 minute drive :p
Fuck ya man they have a demo at the GameStop I pre ordered mine at next week :D

Out of curiosity, how big is the line?

Can't wait to hear your impressions!

Me and two other guys lol

I got here 20 minutes ago and they were already waiting. Nobody else has lined up yet. It's Friday and most people are at work it seems. The BB employees seem really excited and eager to try out themselves later on.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yeah, if I wasn't at work I'd be at BB right now.
Which games are being demoed? I saw you mention two of them. Is it just one headset?

Me and two other guys lol

I got here 20 minutes ago and they were already waiting. Nobody else has lined up yet. It's Friday and most people are at work it seems. The BB employees seem really excited and eager to try out themselves later on.

I see BB employees slaking off all day to take a quick gaming session haha.

Yeah, if I wasn't at work I'd be at BB right now.
Which games are being demoed? I saw you mention two of them. Is it just one headset?

Just one headset and one rep.

I can't remember the other two and I can't see any signage that says what they're showing, but it's on the blog post I think.

PlayStation VR Worlds is one of them too.

Illucio

Banned
Do you have any idea if it's just those three games listed in the OP and PS Blog or is there more?
The games are some weird head soccer game, some eve online thing that your practically in a x wing, Playstation worlds where you just look around an aquatic area, some weird 3D Terris game, and I believe there was one more thing that's just like the eve online one but with brighter neon graphics.

Just finished the Battlezone demo. Incredible stuff. It takes a few seconds to get used to your head movement being separate from your aiming and movement. The response time was really good, and the "black area around the sides of your view" isn't very big, at least for me. After a few seconds you don't even notice it anymore.

Head tracking was just really good. I looked all around the cockpit, even behind and directly above. At one point I had to keep looking above me while the flying enemies circled around me, and everything felt natural and intuitive.

They only let you choose one demo to play and it only lasts 7 minutes. They're letting us go back to the end of the line for another go though, and now there's around 8 people ahead of me and 1 behind.

Going to try Valkyrie and then head home. Very happy with what I've experienced so far. :)

For the folks who have tried it, are they cleaning the VR headsets between uses? Kinda a silly question but I don't want pink eye lol

Just finished the Battlezone demo. Incredible stuff. It takes a few seconds to get used to your head movement being separate from your aiming and movement. The response time was really good, and the "black area around the sides of your view" isn't very big, at least for me. After a few seconds you don't even notice it anymore.

Head tracking was just really good. I looked all around the cockpit, even behind and directly above. At one point I had to keep looking above me while the flying enemies circled around me, and everything felt natural and intuitive.

They only let you choose one demo to play and it only lasts 7 minutes.

Going to try Valkyrie and then head home. Very happy with what I've experienced so far. :)

Amazing impressions, do you think by the end of the day people will be sold on these experiences?

For any GAF going to Dublin, look out for these two weirdos:

csVygGL.jpg

Amazing impressions, do you think by the end of the day people will be sold on these experiences?

Absolutely. There were a lot of average Joe family types gathered around watching, and looked like their minds were blown. People of various ages and genders.

An old lady with a Samsung gear VR in her hands was behind me in line and was crazy excited for a turn. Hopefully Sony can keep demoing it and advertise it right.

Top Bottom