• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denuvo Unveils New Tech That Will Make It Easier for Devs to Track Down Leakers

Spyxos

Gold Member
Irdeto revealed that TraceMark for Games is a new watermark technology that lets developers add a unique ID to game files. This special marking will, in turn, allow developers to track down where the leaked content originated from and, Irdeto claimed, should discourage leakers from leaking sensitive information. The marking can be visible or invisible, but the invisible watermark is more interesting as developers can hide the watermark technology with leakers, unaware that it is present.

denuvo-1710776043847.png

Irdeto noted that the tool is designed to "secure the environment around game development, particularly during the crucial pre-release phase," such as game developers looking to hold beta tests or send out review copies to content creators, influencers, and press. For additional security measures, Irdeto confirmed that TraceMark could be combined with Denuvo's Anti-temper product, allowing studios "to control distribution" of content ahead of its release date.

Guilty_AI

This is far from new tech, even Switch cartridges/digital games have this kind of unique ID in place. You can also avoid being caught using dummy accounts and vpn.

I genuinely think Irdeto is just trying to sell snake oil to devs with this, probably banking in on the fear of leaks that began spreading in recent times.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Does it impact performance:
No? Then I don’t care
Yes? Then screw you
Doesn't impact performance, doesn't lock you out of the game, it also doesn't stop piracy.

It does nothing, they're literally just banking in on fear of leaks, which is why they phrased things this way.

Last edited:

night13x

Will this come with more ingame checks every 3 minutes that will give microstutter? It's a feature because I want to know I am being protected with denuvo invading my game.

Top Bottom