• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denver/Colorado |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct. 19th - 23rd
We want to experience the city [coffee shops, restaurants, lounges] and nature [14er, Parks]
We'll have a rental car.

Are West Highlands and Washington Park a good areas to look for places to stay?
Is there an area where we could stay to wake to great views? (I looked into Golden, Co but assuming that too far outside of the Denver to get a feel for the city)
Which 14er should we do? ...we're all athletic (still nothing too crazy). we want great views during our trek!
What's a good place to watch the sunrise and/or set?

Westminster is a good place to stay as well, but Golden really isn't that far outside of the Denver area.

As for a 14er, I've had some friends suggest Mount Elbert.

Make sure to go to Estes Park and head up to Rocky Mountain National Park. It's full of awesome views.

Beet Box in Uptown is an incredible vegan bakery well worth checking out. The sandwiches and cakes are to die for. Also highly recommend Root Down and 99% of the food can be made vegan and they have great, unique cocktails for cheap during happy hour.

Watercourse and City o City are the main vegan hotspots and both are excellent with exceptional seitan burgers in particular but they have large menus. Lot of people hang out at City o City as it's open until 2 am and they have great bartenders and drinks.

Sputnik has pretty good tempah and tofu poboys.

thespot84

For some perspective on the new 1000' tower planed for 650 17th.

This is dominion plaza from my office. The new tower will go right behind it. Dominion is 384' tall. This thing is going to be a monster if it gets built.

oJnTOHw.jpg

Armadilo

Banned
So I don't plan to move until June of 2018 but I've been looking at potential rent and I'm basically looking for anything cheap, studio would be perfect but I would probably not be able to afford it, so I've looked at renting a room instead and based off Craigslist. Most of the listings go for $600+ , I suppose I could somehow manage but if there was something cheaper it would be better.

thespot84

So I don't plan to move until June of 2018 but I've been looking at potential rent and I'm basically looking for anything cheap, studio would be perfect but I would probably not be able to afford it, so I've looked at renting a room instead and based off Craigslist. Most of the listings go for $600+ , I suppose I could somehow manage but if there was something cheaper it would be better.

Do you have a car?

Armadilo

Banned
Do you have a car?

Yeah I have my own car, it's early to be looking into rent and stuff but at the same time it might not be. Especially since I don't know anyone in Denver, it'll be my first time moving away since I've lived in California all my life.

I'm saving $5k for the move just to help me out until i get settled, because I'll need a job somewhere but by then I should have a year of customer service under my belt. Should help me with something.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Going by reports I'm going to miss the first snow early next week ;-;

Once it starts snowing is it pretty regular?

Not really. Sometimes we can get into cycles of snow where it's pretty regular, but it's generally, snow then sun for this part of the year. Late November/December we usually get a few deep freeze weeks.

Necrovex

Finally had the chance to hike Horsetooth, and it was such a serene walk. I can see why Coloradoans love to hike around here.

Finally had the chance to hike Horsetooth, and it was such a serene walk. I can see why Coloradoans love to hike around here.

Horsetooth is the best. Some friends and I hiked it for the 4th of July one year and we got High and watched the fireworks shows across all of the horizon. Then we realized that we didn’t have a flashlight so we had to hike back in pitch black. Fun time.

My wife and did it again this summer while she was pregnant with twins. She got lots of praise for making the trip.

How is Boulder and what are the rental opportunities? Probably going to transfer to CU Boulder next fall(as long as domicile kicks, if not Spring 20) and can’t be driving 25 miles every other day.

thespot84

How is Boulder and what are the rental opportunities? Probably going to transfer to CU Boulder next fall(as long as domicile kicks, if not Spring 20) and can’t be driving 25 miles every other day.

Boulder is a wonderful place to go to school. I would contact them to ask specifically about housing, I can't give advice that's fresher than 10 years old unfortunately. I lived a block from campus with four roommates for $630. I'm sure it's changed.

The school is big, a place where you can get lost in the system, if that's what you want, or you can pick a discipline and stand out. The city is amazing, and so are the flatirons/mountains for getting outdoors.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Thanks for this thread it's really helpful. I'm a big Broncos fan and making the trip from Scotland to see a game at mile high is on my bucket list. The city sounds like a place I would enjoy well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom