• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Describe a game you hate and see if people can guess it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
An over sexualized long haired woman in the most annoying game ever made by the overrated "more valuable than gold" studio.

Trace

Banned
It looks pretty but it has no depth, is nowhere near as good as the rest of the series, and has one of the worst protagonists in a game ever.

Manu

Young girl murders thousands of men because of horrible circumstance, seems to be both mentally scarred by it and strangely eager to go on another adventure afterwards.

Joey Ravn

Banned
It meant a massive change in shift for a well-established franchise, going from puzzle-based survival horror to, well, this game. It got a "spiritual successor" in 2014 that I almost equally hated (though the original is far worse, IMO).

Guy with cat eyes who shamelessly copycats Batman's detective skills.

The Witcher 3. I literally just finished that game 5 minutes ago and I loved it, but, hey: I'm living proof that opinions and all that ;)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Tried to play on my Vita after years of hype.

i cried blood.

Will give remake another shot.

Maybe.

Maxey

In this incredibly popular game you click on things to get your character to do things and GOD DAMNIT I DIRECTLY BLAME THIS FUCKING GAME FOR MAKING THIS COMPANY NOT MAKE THE GAMES I WANT!!!!!

Ok, calm down now...

old

Shooter.
You walk down linear levels.
Every fifty yards you engage 3-6 enemies.
Kill them then 3-6 more enemies spawn.
You walk forward 50 more yards and repeat.
Continue until cutscene that ends the level.
6-10 hours later the game is finished.

Edit: decided to adjust it a little.

Nosgotham

Click click click. Hey mr hunter!! Go collect me 9 fucking bandanas so I can make a pie or something stupid. Cool! Here's like 1,000 experience for completing a dumb ass task. Click click click.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Takes almost every trope from open world games, mashes them together, adds in another 'unique'selling point that is actually shit.

Ends up being the blandest game of this generation, but reviewed well because it ticks boxes.

GorillaJu

Puzzle platformer where you have three characters that you have to move one at a time.

Lost Vikings

Spend hours of your life picking shit up off the ground to play Barbie's Wasteland Dreamhouse so you can squeeze some enjoyment out of a janky slog with no redeeming gameplay elements.

cyba89

Takes almost every trope from open world games, mashes them together, adds in another 'unique'selling point that is actually shit.

Ends up being the blandest game of this generation, but reviewed well because it ticks boxes.

Shadow Of Mordor

DayEnder

It's like ground hog day, but with one of the most annoying alter ego antagonists ever. Also, the gameplay is brutally repetitive, sub par acting, and it was a follow up standalone DLC to a pretty good game. I don't hate many games, but this one really tested my patience. By some miracle I stuck it out, I should have just stopped.

Horrible story, horrible art direction, levels are too long and level design is so horrible and bland that you're surprised when you're told they are not randomly generated, the main battle system is so bad that making insects fight each other manages to be more fun, a new generation of gamers had the misfortune of gaining the possibility to play it recently.

Lost Vikings

Spend hours of your life picking shit up off the ground to play Barbie's Wasteland Dreamhouse so you can squeeze some enjoyment out of a janky slog with no redeeming gameplay elements.

Nope.

It meant a massive change in shift for a well-established franchise, going from puzzle-based survival horror to, well, this game. It got a "spiritual successor" in 2014 that I almost equally hated (though the original is far worse, IMO).

I don't so much that you hate RE4 because I can see why the shift would put people off.

But saying RE4 is "far worse" than The Evil Within is fucking heretical.

Top Bottom