• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 - Creating the Coldheart Exotic Trace Rifle | IGN First

BSpot

Cold heart looks neat. But given that a Trace Rifle is not an Archetype, I think the bigger implication here is that there is a possibility for lots more totally unique exotics.

Tovarisc

Really digging that sword. I think I'll keep my digital deluxe preorder, then.

Hold on, no salute emote?

6T46pWT.jpg

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Looks like a potentially awesome gun, but Zen Meteor looked cool too. ;-/

And maybe I missed it, but does pre-ordering the Pro bundle get you these pre-order incentives as well? I thought that would count as all the other content will be included...?

JackHerer

Obviously you have to do things to build the exotic and it isn't just handed to you right away. This is about becoming legend so I would suggest that Destiny makes exotics super rare through exploration and putting pieces together. I miss the days of the old puzzles like the halo 3 ring puzzle to get the skull, etc. You can argue a datamine of the game would ruin all that but I would still prefer it over doing meaningless strikes for strange coins.

I prefer the exotic quest approach. Make it available to everyone but require them to seek it out and put in a decent amount of effort to actually get it, with the quests being more elaborate depending on how good the exotic is. Totally all for that, was just making the point that with this route, it won't really be rare. Most people who stick with the game will eventually get the gun in question, and if it's OP it will be very prevalent in PvP.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looks like a potentially awesome gun, but Zen Meteor looked cool too. ;-/

And maybe I missed it, but does pre-ordering the Pro bundle get you these pre-order incentives as well? I thought that would count as all the other content will be included...?
That is the Limited Edition of the game so I would expect it to be included when you redeem the bonus code.

Bizazedo

Every gun in the game should be as good as those. Interesting, unique, and fun to use.

Agree on all except the Mythoclast. They overnerfed it, but it was absurd in the Crucible.

(This is where we all agree they should balance PvP separately from PvE, but they won't).

Jblanks

Bungie.net has a lot of stats for your career, even for D1.

Then there is several 3rd party sites for that stuff.

Well yes but I shouldn't have to go to a website or use 3rd party apps to look at some simple stats, just like I shouldn't have to use 3rd party apps for public events or 3rd party apps to get a raid group going; thankfully they put one and a half of those out of 3 in the game.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Well yes but I shouldn't have to go to a website or use 3rd party apps to look at some simple stats, just like I shouldn't have to use 3rd party apps for public events or 3rd party apps to get a raid group going; thankfully they put one and a half of those out of 3 in the game.
Yup got no interest in 3rd party apps for what should be in game

I had 2000 hours by the time TTK rolled around. I've played 1/4th of that across Year 2 and Year 3.

Year One Destiny was the best. Period.

Cruxist

I loved everything about Y1 except the paltry content, OHK abilities and leveling system. The game lost its luster for me after House of Wolves.

I played so much during Dark Below it was stupid. Crota is a great raid despite all the cheese and ultimately relying on one person. But that was peak Destiny for me.

I played so much during Dark Below it was stupid. Crota is a great raid despite all the cheese and ultimately relying on one person. But that was peak Destiny for me.

Yup the game peaked for me in December 2014. All of the nerfs showed up the next year, and while the QoL and content design improved in some ways, the gameplay itself regressed and lost my interest. I haven't even hit level cap since House of Wolves.

The only thing that kept me engaged for the first year of Destiny was the shooting, and while yeah that's basically all the game is technically. TTK was when I could actually say that I liked the direction they were going in. The game overall had finally found what it was and what it could become further down the line.

Anyway Coldheart looks great, I wonder if there will be any other brand new archetypes that only have one new gun. There was a really weird looking gun back in one of the reveal trailers that didn't seem like any other type.

What's up with this gun design post TTK.

Everything looks so damn ugly, the only exotic I've found ok looks wise is the solar HC/Gatling gun since the reveal and that's only because they really went overboard to change the shape of those from the general HC/auto rifle.

Kyoufu

What's up with this gun design post TTK.

Everything looks so damn ugly, the only exotic I've found ok looks wise is the solar HC/Gatling gun since the reveal and that's only because they really went overboard to change the shape of those from the general HC/auto rifle.

The weapon manufacturers (Omolon/Suros etc.) are butt ugly.

Omolon in particular. Yuck!

Trace

Banned
Yup the game peaked for me in December 2014. All of the nerfs showed up the next year, and while the QoL and content design improved in some ways, the gameplay itself regressed and lost my interest. I haven't even hit level cap since House of Wolves.

December 2014 was the best Destiny has ever been PvE wise, House of Wolves was the best Destiny has ever been PvP wise. Dunno why they had to go and fuck it up with TTK, the handcannon meta was infinitely better than what came after.

December 2014 was the best Destiny has ever been PvE wise, House of Wolves was the best Destiny has ever been PvP wise. Dunno why they had to go and fuck it up with TTK, the handcannon meta was infinitely better than what came after.

I'd actually reverse that. December 2014 was after the Auto and Mythoclast nerf but before the Hand Cannon nerf and Pulse Rifle buff. It was also before the Final Round Sniper, Felwinter's Lie meta. House of Wolves had Trials, which was cool for PvP, but I hated the Blink Shotgun meta.

On the other hand, HoW had a lot to do on the PvE side between two raids, PoE and the strike playlists, and you could level up alt characters pretty easily. Also, reforging was cool, and could have stayed if they removed the bullshit perks.

Ramirez

I really like how rugged and worn the Suros stuff looked in the beta. The Omolon liquid ammo is a neat aspect too, I was hoping for some more futuristic looking stuff in the sequel though. Im still holding out hope for some type of exotic bow/xbow.

E92 M3

I really like how rugged and worn the Suros stuff looked in the beta. The Omolon liquid ammo is a neat aspect too, I was hoping for some more futuristic looking stuff in the sequel though. Im still holding out hope for some type of exotic bow/xbow.

The beat up suros was really neat - gave me a huge Reach vibe.

So we just get this gun placed into our inventory or does it go in our loot pool like the PlayStation exclusive content? Kind of takes away the whole point of loot if every one and their mom gets handed one day one.

Tawpgun

Every gun in the game should be as good as those. Interesting, unique, and fun to use.

Seems to be what is happening, at least for Exotics (for the most part). I think the Year 1 raid weapons spoiled us a bit. Considering the sunshot is essentially a fatebringer.

But the cold heart, that strange arc rocket they've shown, sweet business, that arc zhalo like rifle... these are all more than just a normal weapon with better perks. They behave differently. Hope they continue that trend with the exotics

The legendaries is where they need interesting perk combos that work well within the games other abilities.

I had 2000 hours by the time TTK rolled around. I've played 1/4th of that across Year 2 and Year 3.

Year One Destiny was the best. Period.

Yeah but thats just game fatigue too. I was enamored by the game with Year 1 and The Dark Below. HoW is where I was faltering. I just played all this and the new content wasn't great. I beat the PoE boss and never really tried again. Played trials every now and then but I wasn't playing EVERY CHANCE I GOT like before.

TTK was great, but after I beat the raid I was kinda done. I was already OUT on the PvP. I never enjoyed it but I could at least play it a bit here and there. HoW revitalized it with trials but after a handful of lighthouse trips I was done with it.

I basically set destiny aside until new content came out. Never felt the hard modes/challenge modes were worth it. Even with easier grind I never felt compelled to max out light. Just what happens.

Super excited about D2 though, new stuff, less grind it seems.

Raven117

Seems to be what is happening, at least for Exotics (for the most part). I think the Year 1 raid weapons spoiled us a bit. Considering the sunshot is essentially a fatebringer.

But the cold heart, that strange arc rocket they've shown, sweet business, that arc zhalo like rifle... these are all more than just a normal weapon with better perks. They behave differently. Hope they continue that trend with the exotics

The legendaries is where they need interesting perk combos that work well within the games other abilities.

This...what was lacking in year 2 and year 3 were exotics that fundamentally changed the way you played the game (Icebreaker, G-horn for pve...Last Word, Thorn, Hawkmoon for pvp.)

Pretty much after that, they nerfed exotics pretty much into the ground with most not even being worth equipping over a legendary (Zhalo slipping in there the one exception in some situations).

With the information we have right now, the ONLY way the double primaries works is if the exotics for those slots are truly unique and awesome in their own way. That would give the flexibility for the loadouts.

My guess is that instead of almost always running legendaries for primary and secondary with an exotic heavy of some sort used for most of D1, I think the exotic game switches to the kinetic and energy being slotted.

I mean...without that...the loadouts will really be boring. Overall, the exotics have to really step up their game regardless of slot to give variety to the builds.

JWiLL

Banned
It had the best raid and the most unique raid weapons and exotics.
I'd even go farther and say the raid armor is the best looking armor in the game for all 3 classes.

One of the most promising aspects of D2 as a whole is that Luke Smith is Game Lead...and he was the guy behind Vault of Glass.

I still think it's a bit too Destiny 1.5 (only one new sub-class?), but I'm hopeful.

Top Bottom