• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Early Access begins August 28 (8/29 for Open Beta)

blamite

This game at 21:9 60fps is gonna be amazing. Sucks the beta isn't even over a weekend but at least the console version is out really shortly after.

Finaj

Yes

nOLWwkL.png

I still can't get used to the fact that the Blizzard launcher will be housing non-Blizzard products now.

ViciousDS

Banned
they said it would utilize all cores but the AMD recommended is this years Zen?

what?

isn't the 1600x overall a fucking monster compared to a i5-2400?

Magwik

Banned
they said it would utilize all cores but the AMD recommended is this years Zen?

what?

isn't the 1600x overall a fucking monster compared to a i5-2400?

All cores*

* = Optimized for Intel because fuck you

And yes it is. You could easily get 7700k performance out of it.

Such a weird set of recommended CPUs
Especially when the standard R5 holds it's own against the Intel's newest chips
ebd5d770_Average1.png

Yeah this is a very odd recommended spec for AMD cpus. Perhaps they didn't bother to optimize for AM3 sockets despite the PS4/XBO running on crappier CPUs? I recall No Man's Sky not supporting some instructions and it being patched later.

Given the feedback from the beta and me not being a huge Destiny 1 player, I want to try it out without pre-ordering. Hopefully it's entertaining because im curious.

Eggiem

This game will be well optimized if I can hit 1080p/50+fps at ultra or very high preset with my AMD 280x/ i5 4670k. I think this shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah I know it's in the full retail game guys, I mean in the Early Access Beta. It's not uncommon to not have 21:9 support in betas.

Ask Bungie through Twitter or something, I was responding to your post that was seemingly inquiring whether or not Destiny 2 on PC had 21:9 support.

WadeitOut

What time did the XB1 and PS4 betas start? Wondering what general time the PC one is likely to start so I can plan my lawn mowing accordingly lol

Haven't launched the Blizzard launcher in weeks. Is it possible to preorder from there now?

Nvm

OT: Is anyone aware of what hardware configs were used around the time of E3? All the PC footage I saw looked excellent but I have zero idea if that was on SLI 1080Tis or actual real hardware configuration people would be using

RussC2503

Neo Member
I will try it. I never played Destiny, I always wanted to for the loot aspect. I am told the beta has no loot drops though so that may sour my experience. Imagine a Diablo beta without loot drops. (I have never played Destiny I just assume loot is a huge part of it)

There's loot in the beta, just not a lot.

KillLaCam

Banned
Have they given any sort of official update on a time? Cant seem to find anything on Reddit or Twitter
Destiny servers usually update at 10am pst for new Dlc and stuff like that and that's when the console beta started so I'd probably be the same time

Top Bottom