• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 previews, a lot gameplay videos from European Dead Zone patrol

Ok. this is such a huge improvement from the customary system they had in place in D1.

The good thing also, is that they can even add more & improve clan rewards over time to keep giving people incentive to stay with their clan of choice. Huge plus if Bungie thinks outside and adds timed clan content on Destiny 2 events.

I'm 100% in with this.
Agreed. The sky's are basically the limit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wonder how clan rewards, different systems and Battle.net's possible region lock of players will work out. As well as the limited spaces in the clans.

So did we ever find out if there would be more loot type chest around the maps while you explore I.e borderlands etc? First one had a lot of sterile bunkers and rooms with nothing cool to find. Wish the X1X launched sooner, so I don’t have to miss out on the 4K upgrades 😭

Trace

Banned
So did we ever find out if there would be more loot type chest around the maps while you explore I.e borderlands etc? First one had a lot of sterile bunkers and rooms with nothing cool to find. Wish the X1X launched sooner, so I don’t have to miss out on the 4K upgrades 😭

There were a ton of random chests around in Patrol during Destiny 1.

Only problem is that there was nothing worthwhile in them.

There were a ton of random chests around in Patrol during Destiny 1.

Only problem is that there was nothing worthwhile in them.
I wouldn’t say I remember there being a ton, but I will say that I remember them having nothing good in them ever. Looks like from the videos there’s more treasure type loot chest from the mini missions.

Nameless

Game looks great. Hate it's coming out the day after most of the country enjoys a 3-day weekend. Get your shit together Activision!

Trickster

Bungie flat out gave away the hint regarding additional sub classes in one of their interviews. Plus they have been mostly semi-silent about it, esseintially giving it all away that it was mostly confirmed.

That would have been enough to justify the purchase on top with all the content they have already announced for Destiny 2.

This is just a classic case of folks ruining shit up. Sucks for people intending to go dark for this game as well. You can add me to that list.

It is what it is, but it would have been nice had it stayed as a surprise given all the assurance that has already been given by Bungie.

Bungie could announce literally a dozen awesome sounding things to do in Destiny 2. But after Destiny 1 I don't care until I see actual footage, or at the very very least some very specific and detailed explanations about those things

So them hinting and vaguely describing things is really not something I give a damn about to be frank.

As for you going dark, that's not exactly hard? Don't click Destiny 2 threads or videos.

Clans and App updates are live

Clan Website

DESTINY 2 CLANS

Clans are optional groups of friends that you can join to enhance your online gaming experience. Band together under your clan banner and forge bonds fighting the darkness; all while earning some sweet loot. Join or start your own with friends to get in on the fun!

Clan Banner
Assist your clan to unlock exclusive Clan Banner perks for your character.
Banner Perks(spoilers I guess)

Clan Rewards
When clan mates earn end game rewards, you do as well.

Guided Games
Host other players as a Clan Guide via Guided Games.

Chat and Forum
Stay in touch with your clan mates by downloading the companion app on your mobile device.

Updated Companion App
Android

IOS

GhaleonEB

From watching some vids, it seems all engrams are auto-decrypted automatically now? I liked going back to decrypt them at the cryptarch.

Sounds like it might just be for lower level, or certain types, of engrams. From the Gaming-Age preview:

After your Guardian and Ghost have been stripped of their Light and kicked off a ship to their presumed deaths, you'll wake up as a very different person. I'm not allowed to elaborate on the Campaign's story, but suffice to say that you'll slowly make your way through various areas and eventually reach The Farm, a social space where you'll eventually be able to turn in engrams, purchase weapons and armor, and talk to various NPCs.

Edit: more from the GA preview:

Obviously if you had a chance to play the beta you'll have noticed some of the enhancements, but really the game has seen a complete overhaul from top to bottom. Each enemy model has been revamped, both in the way they look and in their animations. I freaked out the first time I saw the Vandals run around on all fours like a wolf! Headshots deliver new animated sequences as well, with certain Fallen enemies' spirits appearing to float above their dead bodies and worms coming out of Hive adversaries when you melee them in the face.

Speaking of Glimmer, there doesn't appear to be a limit this time around – at one point I had around 85,000. You'll be spending it on a lot of stuff in Destiny 2, none of which I'm allowed to write about...yet.

Also, what the hell?

When Lost Sectors were first announced, I was really excited that Destiny 2 would have more exploration aspects to it. However, I can't help but be slightly disappointed that these Lost Sectors are already marked on your Destination Map from the start. Granted, they don't specifically show the entrances to these areas, but they are usually within a few paces of the icon on the map, which is unfortunate as I think it would have been more fun to discover these on my own. As you complete the Lost Sectors, the icons gray out on the map to show you've already done them. It's unknown at this time if they come back on a weekly basis, or if once they're done, they're done.

Also marked on the Destination Map are special regional treasure chests. These icons will show the approximate location of where to find hidden treasure chests. This reminds me slightly of the Golden Chests in the original Destiny, except now the game shows you pretty much where they are. Again, I'm not entirely sure why this had to be so blatantly telegraphed to the player, as it certainly takes some of the fun out of discovering these on your own.
Why are "lost sectors" and treasure chest locations parked on the map? That guts a lot the point of exploration.

Why are "lost sectors" and treasure chest locations parked on the map? That guts a lot the point of exploration.

As someone who spent a lot of time looking up youtube vids and stuff so I didn't have to waste time finding them organically, I really appreciate this. It sounds like you still have to explore a little bit to find the actual entrance/chest still.

The less stuff I need to leave the game to discover and find the better for me. I really love the event timers being in game as well.

These are all great things for those of us that need to maximize our playing time as much as possible.

GhaleonEB

As someone who spent a lot of time looking up youtube vids and stuff so I didn't have to waste time finding them organically, I really appreciate this. It sounds like you still have to explore a little bit to find the actual entrance/chest still.

The less stuff I need to leave the game to discover and find the better for me. I really love the event timers being in game as well.

These are all great things for those of us that need to maximize our playing time as much as possible.

One of Bungie's pitch for the destinations is exploration. Their earlier videos talking specifically about lost sectors weer about how you'd need to pay attention to the environment to locate them.

The idea was to have a couple layers to the patrol content - you get steered toward patrols, adventures and public events, while discovering other stuff along the way (treasure, lost sectors). Parking them on the map removes that other layer.

Exploration and discovery are things that are very important to me and it's a big deal that Bungie is dialing that back by parking them on the map (assuming that's not something they did for the press to make sure they could find them in short time they had access to the build).

molnizzle

Too many videos.

Can someone point me towards a video that shows me that the patrols actually have substance this time?

So are the zones actually alot bigger than in Destiny 1?

We don't have official sizes except for EDZ which is 2x as big as any patrol space Bungie has done in Destiny before. I think Nessus is suppose to be the smallest of the 4 new spaces as well, and from the small area we had in the beta it still seemed rather larger compared to D1 zones.

Too many videos.

Can someone point me towards a video that shows me that the patrols actually have substance this time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPVpWYocRc

gameinformers seems pretty good

One of Bungie's pitch for the destinations is exploration. Their earlier videos talking specifically about lost sectors weer about how you'd need to pay attention to the environment to locate them.

The idea was to have a couple layers to the patrol content - you get steered toward patrols, adventures and public events, while discovering other stuff along the way (treasure, lost sectors). Parking them on the map removes that other layer.

Exploration and discovery are things that are very important to me and it's a big deal that Bungie is dialing that back by parking them on the map (assuming that's not something they did for the press to make sure they could find them in short time they had access to the build).

I hear ya, its gotta be difficult to balance these decisions for a game with such a large audience. Optimally they would let you customize the map icons to only show what you want to see. Hopefully this is an option!

I have a love hate relationship with Destiny because I love the game but rarely have the time available to commit hours at a time to play. This limits what I can do in the game quite a bit. For example I never even attempted a raid. These are things I really would like to do but generally don't have enough free time in one chunk to be able to do.

Nephtes

Have they ever said yet exactly how they're improving the Hunter special abilities to be on par with the amazing stuff Warlock and Titan have to work with?

I thought I heard them mention they were doing something with it... But I never heard what... And in the beta the dodge roll reload was shit compared to healing WiFi and portable lightwall shields...

I won't be able to sit down and go through all the videos until a bit later but can I get some general opinions on what was shown? Good stuff?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I believe they said a while back that getting certain things like Lost Sectors marked on your map are rewards for completing Adventures but if you find them on your own you can freely access them.

Top Bottom