• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: April Update Preview

Namikaze1

Dammit. Wasn't paying attention. Don't know what's the new armor line after the Desolute line is called.

Also, yes, there's a Praise The Sun emote.

SkyB

Banned
Wow this update is a pile of sh*t if people are getting excited for crappy armor and shaders rofl. Thought this update was going to bring me back in, guess not. At least I got my money's worth with the 800 hours I put in the game due to he shitty grinding that took me 10 months to collect all the vanilla exotics . Surprised this game still got legs. Back to playing other games that's not Destiny.

Wow this update is a pile of sh*t if people are getting excited for crappy armor and shaders rofl. Thought this update was going to bring me back in, guess not. At least I got my money's worth with the 800 hours I put in the game due to he shitty grinding that took me 10 months to collect all the villina exotics . Surprised this game still got legs. Back to playing other games that's not Destiny.

This presentation is only about armor and shaders. Nice try.

loki 16

Wow this update is a pile of sh*t if people are getting excited for crappy armor and shaders rofl. Thought this update was going to bring me back in, guess not. At least I got my money's worth with the 800 hours I put in the game due to he shitty grinding that took me 10 months to collect all the villina exotics . Surprised this game still got legs. Back to playing other games that's not Destiny.
Bye Bye

You played 800 hours and you're bitching? Ok.

Starts with light level 3, but can be infused all the way up.

Ah... I didn't consider infusion.

cakely

This was what I expected from a gaming discussion side Destiny thread. Thanks for not disappointing me.

Klyka

Banned
These crates and such with the animation are SO dirty. Like seriously, it is so 100% obvious how dirty and money grabbing that is XD

Fucking "pack opening" videos incoming for Destiny and it's EXACTLY what Bungie wants :D

SkyB

Banned
You played 800 hours and you're bitching? Ok.

Ah... I didn't consider infusion.
Who said I'm bitching? I said I got my money's worth and thought this update will bring me into playing the game again but I was wrong. Only reason I played 800 hours was to complete my collections and it just so happened to take me around 800 hours to do so, if it had taking me 100 or 200 I would have stop there. Just because I put 800 hours in the game doesn't mean it was all enjoyment. It was mostly due to their shitty RNG on collecting shit.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This presentation is only about armor and shaders. Nice try.

Well, to be fair, most of the new content will be burned through pretty quickly by most players. It's this new RNG on top of RNG for vanity items/armor that people will be chasing for months after, so a case could be made that this is the stuff that is the core of the new update.

-griffy-

Banned
System behind the chroma seems so weird, with consumable items and re-rolling to a random color. Seems way too complicated for a color accent.

Who said I'm bitching? I said I got my money's worth and thought this update will bring me into playing the game again but I was wrong. Only reason I played 800 hours was to complete my collections and it just so happened to take me around 800 hours to do so, if it had taking me 100 or 200 I would have stop there. Just because I put 800 hours in the game doesn't mean it all all enjoyment it was mostly due to their shitty RNG on collecting shit.

Wow this update is a pile of sh*t if people are getting excited for crappy armor and shaders rofl. Thought this update was going to bring me back in, guess not. At least I got my money's worth with the 800 hours I put in the game due to he shitty grinding that took me 10 months to collect all the vanilla exotics . Surprised this game still got legs. Back to playing other games that's not Destiny.

I said you're bitching, read my post. Get out of here with this bullshit.

Klyka

Banned
System behind the chroma seems so weird, with consumable items and re-rolling to a random color. Seems way too complicated for a color accent.

This entire update is about slightly removing one grind (infusion being 1:1) while introducing multiple others.
The update is made in such a way to keep people busy till the actual content releases in fall.
It's INCREDIBLY beautiful to look at. Like,this entire update,when you look at it, is handcrafted to keep people who obsess over stuff like "perfect rolls" and "my armor color" playing and engaged.

Top Bottom