• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: April Update Preview

It's beyond me why these nerfs are implemented in PVE.

As someone who gives little shit about PVP, I'm tired of them nerfing everything and not giving a fuck what it does to the PVE. In my opinion I feel Sunsinger needed some sort of PVE buff. In fact, all Warlock classes needed some PVE buff.

Bummer. Was waiting for today to decide if I would return, but I guess not. The upcoming tweaks seem arbitrary in some cases (not all). What's with nerf ing thorn again? Wasn't it already basically dead after the last nerf? Well, dead as in hardly anyone used it, at least in my experience.

Melchiah

The one thing they should have changed, is the need to go to the Tower to get bounties, gain access to inventory, and how you need to reload the area when you change a character.

Trace

Banned
I'm convinced that Bungie still has no idea what makes PvP about their game fun and how they ruined it in The Taken King.

So as someone who hasn't played since the month TTK released, is there anything new (ie: content) that would make me want to come back in this update?

Is this getting a TTK scale DLC in the fall?
There's this free update coming next week which re-introduces POE, has a new strike and ups the light to 335 and some overall changes eg infusion being 1:1 now, gun balance etc. Really depends if you enjoyed POE or not.

Then there is a "large expansion" later on in the year, probably in September.

Auto Rifles: Based damage for bullet hoses are coming down a bit
Based damage for low rate of fire ARs like Suros Regime is coming up

Hand cannon: Increasing ammo inventory

Snipers: Changes on zoom distance (RIP shortgaze)
Two additional frames of zoom time
Snapshot nerf (from 30% to 20%)
Stability is reduced a bit for snipers all around

Pulse Rifles: Based damage for guns like Spare change is coming up a bit

Fusion Rifles: blanket stability increase

Exotics
Mida Multi Tool: removing High Caliber Rounds
Less flinch

Suros Regime: spinning perk will kick in a little later (4 bullets later than usual)
Focus Fire got a range buff

Hawkmoon: Range got increased a bit

Last Word: Hip Fire boost got nerfed. Bad.
So high impact pulse rifles will make a hard come back? My Messenger <3 Also, my Darkblade Spite and Thesan is going to annihilate people in the crucible holy shit.
Thorn is dead.

Thorn: minimized DoT damage
Reduced duration of pulse

Ice Breaker: you will no longer get ammo from switching this to a different weapon (RIP IB switch tactic)
Thorn should've been dead from the beginning. Scrubby ass gun used as a crutch.
Sunsinger:
- lower flame shield
- reduce flame shield frequency
- Radiance + Fireborn doesn't last as long

Stormcaller:
- super drains a lot faster now if spamming your lightning
- perk that adds an aura around does a bit more damage in PvE

Voidwalker is getting a bit of a buff
LOLOLOLOL I have no sympathy for Warlocks.

Melchiah

As someone who gives little shit about PVP, I'm tired of them nerfing everything and not giving a fuck what it does to the PVE. In my opinion I feel Sunsinger needed some sort of PVE buff. In fact, all Warlock classes needed some PVE buff.

Yeah, it sucks for PVE players. It's a downer that my most used sub-class is going to be nerfed next week. I'm even less interested to play the harder PVE content now than before.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sunsinger:
- lower flame shield
- reduce flame shield frequency
- Radiance + Fireborn doesn't last as long

Stormcaller:
- super drains a lot faster now if spamming your lightning
- perk that adds an aura around does a bit more damage in PvE

Voidwalker is getting a bit of a buff

mjcry1.png
They did us dirty.

reson8or

Totally agree, Nova bomb is complete shit in PVE unless your just killing trash.

Melchiah

This is something I'm hoping they're correcting in destiny 2. It seems it might be a limitation of their engine currently Or they probably just don't care

Whether I'll buy Destiny 2 or not, depends greatly on how PVE is going to be handled. If everything continues to be done according to the PVP side, I might as well pass.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Destiny global nerf + division may nerf = fuck this shit

Let's inflate the time sink and difficulty of PVE guys our fan base will love us for it.

Arrrammis

Let's inflate the time sink and difficulty of PVE guys our fan base will love us for it.

Well, on the bright side, Dark Souls 3 releases on tuesday as well, so there's still something to look forward to .

Trace

Banned
Well, on the bright side, Dark Souls 3 releases on tuesday as well, so there's still something to look forward to .

That's the thing. I may have given these changes a bit of a shot, but Dark Souls 3 + Ratchet and Clank and then Uncharted next month means I have no time for any of them.

I appreciate Bungie respecting my time and allowing me to play other games while I wait for October.

I never get these updates, it's like they fix one necessary item and then "fix" two more random things no one asked for just to mess with people

On PvE side it sounds like they reduced the grind though. Many more activities to get max light gear and increased drops overall. Plus there is 1:1 infusion so updating your favourite gear doesn't cost you light. Unless I'm misunderstanding the streams.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
On PvE side it sounds like they reduced the grind though. Many more activities to get max light gear and increased drops overall. Plus there is 1:1 infusion so updating your favourite gear doesn't cost you light. Unless I'm misunderstanding the streams.
No you're right there (the grind comment was more so for division) but by scaling classes to pvp they're inflating the difficulty of certain characters in pve. Those changes definitely don't make me want to use my warlock alt ever.

Trace

Banned
I appreciate Bungie respecting my time and allowing me to play other games while I wait for October.

I never get these updates, it's like they fix one necessary item and then "fix" two more random things no one asked for just to mess with people

"We're going to take the popular items and nerf them like the community asked for. Also, we're going to nerf these other five items because we think they look funny. On the other hand, we're nerfing all your PvE stuff, because we need our current content to last another five months."

"Btw we're also buffing a bunch of PvP stuff that is fine currently so we can have something for you guys to complain about later and we can pretend we're doing something."

GhaleonEB

I don't play much PvP, and when I do it's with my Hunter, so not a huge impact to me. But the weapon nerfs and adjustments are going to adversely impact PvE, which is a serious bummer.

It's not even about it being easy mode. They effectively chopped off the warlocks legs lol.

Well, they spend all their time floating around anyways.

Insaniac

Well, if those ArcLock duration nerfs are anything like what they did with the Hunter achlyophage, then its time to switch classes. ArcLock will probably be the new Bladedancer in PvE

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to decide if this is a good time to jump into Destiny or to wait until the next expansion, depending on how this April update is received i'll probably bite now, maybe.

Melchiah

I don't play much PvP, and when I do it's with my Hunter, so not a huge impact to me. But the weapon nerfs and adjustments are going to adversely impact PvE, which is a serious bummer.

I recently reached 300 with my year one Hunter, so that would be an option, but I like to play as a Warlock more. Sunsinger worked better for me in solo PVE missions, like Fear's Embrace.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Well, they spend all their time floating around anyways.

long overdue leg choppin'
Warlock is my fave alt because you feel like a grenade launching tank. Now I feel they'll be flimsy like my primary hunter which sucks because they're not even close to as agile as the hunter in pve.

Top Bottom