• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta starts in July, game tracking to record new-IP preorders

Vire

I was kinda hoping they were going to get up on stage at E3 and be like "and the beta is available right noooooow!" *drop mic*

But I guess Bungie Day will suffice.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A beta? No.

Try marketing demo / standard industry practice PR stunt.

Making folks think they are helping improve the game and test it before release with these things is just a joke, really.

BuzzJive

July really doesn't seem like enough time to "fix" things before launch, but hey, in Bungie we trust.

It'll offer a nice change of pace from Mario Kart 8 for a month+ straight.

July really doesn't seem like enough time to "fix" things before launch, but hey, in Bungie we trust.

It'll offer a nice change of pace from Mario Kart 8 for a month+ straight.

At least it's the beta 2 months before release. While Titanfall was ALPHA 2 months before release.

Bsigg12

At least it's the beta 2 months before release. While Titanfall was ALPHA 2 months before release.

With a game the size of Destiny, it better be nearly done 2 months before release and be fully onto polish and network stabilization. This game is tremendously ambitious and has been in development for 4+ years so it better be solid.

Mortemis

Banned
July is good enough for me, I was hoping late June but July works out just good. I'm hyped, can't wait for this.

The question now though is if I'll grab a PS4 for the beta or play it on my ps3 and get one when this game launches.

RobotVM

July seems far away for a game that was supposed to release in March. Oh well I am in for the PS4 Beta.

Quick question. In order to get the beta I need to pre-order right? Does that include online retailers like Amazon? Also when would I get the code, a few days before the beta or right after I preorder?

StuBurns

Banned
Quick question. In order to get the beta I need to pre-order right? Does that include online retailers like Amazon? Also when would I get the code, a few days before the beta or right after I preorder?
Amazon works, they email you the code to register it on Bungie's site straight away.

Bsigg12

If you're in the US, you'll get your code right away from Amazon. In Europe, they won't be going out until closer to the beta.

viveks86

well, we get watch dogs (late may, practically june) and hopefully TLoU in june to hold us over :)

Hmmm, true. Despite your previous warnings, I set myself up for disappointment by expecting it to come out in May. Then I settled for post E3 June. Now it's gonna be July...

Jack-Donaghy-Cries-Into-A-Pillow-On-30-Rock.gif

vypek

July feels so far away. I was hoping it would start immediatelt after E3. I secured my place so I will wait patiently.

b0neshank

Banned
Figures. July is the busiest month for me this summer. Lots of vacations planned that month with the family. Might have to convince the wife to let me take the PS4 to the cabin......

Bsigg12

Might depend on where you are in Europe, in the UK it's straight away.

Ahh ok. I know some people on here had said that hadn't received their code yet but weren't in the US and I couldn't remember what country they actually mentioned they were from other than it was in Europe.

viveks86

Ahh ok. I know some people on here had said that hadn't received their code yet but weren't in the US and I couldn't remember what country they actually mentioned they were from other than it was in Europe.

It was Amazon UK IIRC. Some people got it immediately. Some didn't.

R0ckman

Dang, was hoping the Destiny beta would have been sooner. Don't they know I have a baby coming in July?

Depending on the baby's temperament and the wife, you might not have much to worry about. I thought baby would royally fuck up my gaming schedule, yet he has little to no effect really. I get to feed him before bed so I get some weekday bonding from that while during the weekend he sleeps in an auto swing while I game.

Juan

They also tune the weapons and stress the servers. Ans is that a trick question?

I remember we lose the best Halo Covenant Carbine ever after the Halo 3 beta. :'-(

And no, that's a serious question.

I mean, yeah the game sure looks good and will play smooth, but from what we have seen so far, there is nothing new or impressive in this game.

The social aspect seems cool, and I expect the competitive multiplayer to be a CoD with Halo gunplay, so it will be fun I guess, but this game brings nothing new on the table except a seamless matchmaking for some quick events.

I will have to wait to learn more about the story, but from what I have seen since the last year, the game looks good but not new, and I'm pretty sure no one would look at it if it was not made by Bungie.

Top Bottom