• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

casmith07

Alright GAF, so I'm playing a Hunter for the first time extensively, and man it is satisfying.

Played a Warlock for the beta and liked it and wanted to see more of the super powers, but of course ran out of time (and higher level enemies to level up).

Excited to see where this one goes, though. Love the blades and I heard eventually throwing knives!?

Gotta get some sleep before work in the morning but I am looking forward to playing this literally all weekend.

Footos22

Finished everything up until where the beta ended apart from the strike mission as oi had work early today :(
and i had about an hour of last of us left behind to finish. 100% that fucker now.

Now its all about Destiny.

Its still as fun as ever.

The first strike mission has been made harder as in the beta it was a level 6 now its up to a level 8

Woke up early to play the tutorial before work, and the servers were down until 15 min before I must leave.
Contemplating taking a few sick days.

pixxxelz

East coast GAF
t8B7Fjf.gif

nictron

This perfectly encapsulates Destiny to me:

tumblr_lwthpfQIHp1qd36g7o1_500.gif

It takes all different kinds of games and smooshes them together into a single delicious package. It's ok that it's lumpy and some flavor combos don't always mesh perfectly.

tumblr_logc5wJp2s1ql201ao1_500.gif

Played for 20 minutes. Large object appears out of nowhere and blocks my way. 5 minutes later I turn a corner and 4 enemies pop into existence in front of me.

GG Bungie lol

For those waiting until 3 for the kickoff, A Forbes contributor has a decent liveblog and impressions set up.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/08/live-blog-destiny-day-one-gameplay/

He's enjoying it but expressing a lot of the complaints people are having. One thing he points out is that the incredibly repetitive nature of the missions and the XP grind will really put a damper on spending time creating second and third characters. They just don't play differently enough and defend the point gets old.

Saganator

Do people who bought digital still get the 30 day PS+? If so, can I just tack it on to my 12 month sub, or do I have to wait until my sub expires to redeem?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
DAT PSN Timer on Digital Unlock:
VCytKZO.gif

I think for a few seconds the timer went up rather than down

Going Senile here

Time to bust out the 16oz Red Bull to fix me up

So I went to Walmart hoping they'd have the bundle, but no luck =/ they had plenty of games though, and plenty of regular PS4s....just cuz I didn't wanna leave empty handed, I got a system and the game...but darn it! Stupid me forgot that I don't have an active PS+ sub :( I forgot one of the reasons that i wanted the bundle is that it came with the 30 day code, and neither the game or stand alone system seems to have it =/ Guess that'll have the wait...

Edit: Oh wait! just opened the game, and it does have a 30 day trial! success! i didn't think it did, because it wasn't labeled on the box.

Has anyone tried redeeming the PS+ code that comes with Destiny yet for PS4? =/ It keeps coming up as saying the code is not valid, and when I tried entering it on the SEN website, it says it can not be entered on a PC.

For those waiting until 3 for the kickoff, A Forbes contributor has a decent liveblog and impressions set up.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/08/live-blog-destiny-day-one-gameplay/

He's enjoying it but expressing a lot of the complaints people are having. One thing he points out is that the incredibly repetitive nature of the missions and the XP grind will really put a damper on spending time creating second and third characters. They just don't play differently enough and defend the point gets old.

I don't know that's the same thing I thought with bornerland 2 but you're building them for the big differences down the road in play style.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN for PS4 play, I'm at deranged_666. Fair warning, I'm not a total pro at shooters.

Been trying to get on for the last 15 minutes, and no dice. Keeps giving me the cattle error. But for the future. I'm currently finishing up finals at college for the next two weeks, so my time is limited until then anyway. But feel free to add and play whatever when you see me around :)

Ark

About to go to work for the last time this week. Hopefully my Destiny LE will be waiting for me when I get home at 6pm and then I can play for three days straight :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

it sounds like the start of every loot & level game

i mean... its one thing if you didn't expect that but cmon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom