• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Just to be perfectly clear:

The smartest thing to do is:

-Infuse my 1000 YS to 307
-Infuse all my specials to 300
-Keep a 300 Spindle and wait for it to be fucked up to 290

right?

Kind of want to take advantage of my 310 version in the Raid at least once - hop it works out timing wise.

Yes to all steps.

Personally i'd infuse the 310 now as they could push the patch pretty quickly. A raid group at close to 300 light with a 310 spindle will make a mockery of all the raid bosses

Zoidberg

Just to be perfectly clear:

The smartest thing to do is:

-Infuse my 1000 YS to 307
-Infuse all my specials to 300
-Keep a 300 Spindle and wait for it to be fucked up to 290

right?

Kind of want to take advantage of my 310 version in the Raid at least once - hop it works out timing wise.

Exactly what I did, although my 1000 YS ended up 308.

ich00

I had a TERRIBLE nightmare last night. I dreamed that there was an exotic version of the black hammer, and to get it you had to do this timed part of the daily that was hard as shit. Everyone else was getting it, but I tried for like 6 hours and couldn't get it done.

It seemed so REAL. Glad that didn't actually happen or I'd probably quit playing Destinu for awhile!

Fuck me

I feel your pain, we went from wrecking little Crota last night to getting wrecked for 3 hours trying to get that stupid sniper. I've convinced myself it's not worth it.
Also that next time it comes around I'll be higher light, 295 didn't cut it

E92 M3

Cozmo tweeted that ALL Spindles would be reduced to 290 Attack, so I think you might be out of luck :-/

Of course it wasn't 100% clear so maybe you will luck out and have a sweet ass Spindle.

I figured a mistake wouldn't cost too much, but it does suck. Have hundreds of exotic shards anyways. Now I need to find more weapons to infuse for 300.

31 Threads later I'm part of D-GAF

You'll be here for 31 more ;)

I infused my spindle this morning. I almost couldn't sleep knowing 310 would most likely go to 290 or even down to 300. That would drop my high special weapon from 310 back down to 293, which means 2 whole light levels down and a waste of a sweet infusion :p

It was really hard for me since I love snipers and it was my first, hard earned, year 2 weapon exotic.

But, 307 1000 Yard Stare is pretty beastly especially with triple tap and mulligan

Tovarisc

Personally i'd infuse the 310 now as they could push the patch pretty quickly. A raid group at close to 300 light with a 310 spindle will make a mockery of all the raid bosses

Spindle won't help you
on Oryx at all because he doesn't have crit spot and on Deathsingers it's 50-50 depending on knockback on you and bosses itself [how well you can score headshots and not miss them]. Spindle will be super good on first two bosses tho when doing DPS to boss.

I infused my spindle this morning. I almost couldn't sleep knowing 310 would most likely go to 290 or even down to 300. That would drop my high special weapon from 310 back down to 293, which means 2 whole light levels down and a waste of a sweet infusion :p

It was really hard for me since I love snipers and it was my first, hard earned, year 2 weapon exotic.

But, 307 1000 Yard Stare is pretty beastly especially with triple tap and mulligan

If you get the raid gloves they have a reload perk when
you're inside an aura
. So unless you can constantly hit crits you're probably better with the 1000yd. Mine has casket mag so 5 in the mag

Spindle won't help you
on Oryx at all and on Deathsingers it's 50-50 depending on knockback on you and bosses itself [how well you can score headshots and not miss them]. Spindle will be super good on first two bosses tho when doing DPS to boss.

Just remembered those

Raybunny

Spindle won't help you
on Oryx at all and on Deathsingers it's 50-50 depending on knockback on you and bosses itself [how well you can score headshots and not miss them]. Spindle will be super good on first two bosses tho when doing DPS to boss.

The 310 spindle REKT yesterday on the first 3 bosses. I would choose though having a 308-310 1000 yards and use the malice for the last 2 bosses.

Tsosie

So I have to ask. Should I pick up a 1000 yard sniper and infuse it with the raid sniper or keep the raid sniper? I see everyone talking about 100 yard but I have not checked it out. I love cacoon on my special, but a raider has to do what a raider has to do.

LTWood12

not playing until lost to light is the daily again. Hard to face the fact that I'm so bad at this game. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

I have a bunch of runes, especially tier 3 ones.

Did you get your 3x Spindles though?

Yeah I ended up doing maybe 15 Spindle runs with folks who needed it, we never failed so that was pretty legit. Very fun secret they added, the hype was so real. Feel bad that some people still missed out though.

We also did 1 full raid but my Warlock is now raid-ready so I'd be up for another one sometime. Also have 7-8 Tier 1s and 3 Tier 3 runes.

Tovarisc

The 310 spindle REKT yesterday on the first 3 bosses. I would choose though having a 308-310 1000 yards and use the malice for the last 2 bosses.

Yeah,
Malice for sure to last 2 bosses if you have it. It's such hax for those kills. Spindle is godtier for first 2 and okay-ish for 3rd.

So I have to ask. Should I pick up a 1000 yard sniper and infuse it with the raid sniper or keep the raid sniper? I see everyone talking about 100 yard but I have not checked it out. I love cacoon on my special, but a raider has to do what a raider has to do.

Hold on to the raid sniper imo if it has good attack, it's very solid sniper. 1000-Yard Stare gets a lot praise because it's very solid sniper rifle and not that hard to come by.

LiK

not playing until lost to light is the daily again. Hard to face the fact that I'm so bad at this game. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

it'll be the nerfed version later anyway. forget about it. there's probably more hidden guns out there.

Deku Tree

Hey! Is there any way to determine on b.net which calcified fragments a specific character has gotten?

Otherwise it's pretty horrible to try and collect them all on your alt... I have 22 on my main but 24 on my account.

You used to be able to check somehow how many golden chests you had on each character. Not sure how though....

Raybunny

Yeah I ended up doing maybe 15 Spindle runs with folks who needed it, we never failed so that was pretty legit. Very fun secret they added, the hype was so real. Feel bad that some people still missed out though.

We also did 1 full raid but my Warlock is now raid-ready so I'd be up for another one sometime. Also have 7-8 Tier 1s and 3 Tier 3 runes.

I am up to take my warlock to the raid today / tomorrow. Ready at 295 light. NFs, Dailies, a few T3 CoO and I am ready.

Ah wish I had saw you online yesterday. Me and Due tried for like 5 hours with no luck. We got very close a few times but the time ran out with like 3 enemies left in the room :-/

We needed the DR lol

Bummer about the spindle damage reduction but now I don't feel so bad about infusing Stillpiercer to 308 with it.

Reached 300 light today without a piece of raid gear in sight.

Strider

Waking up to that new thread hype.

Let the malice/fragment grind continue today. If anyone has the
2nd (piston?) jumping puzzle
checkpoint and could share it that would be amazing! If not I have the
golgoroth
checkpoint and will be looking to get a team together n a bit.

Frostburn

Bummer about the spindle damage reduction but now I don't feel so bad about infusing Stillpiercer to 308 with it.

Reached 300 light today without a piece of raid gear in sight.

Wow, I'm at 297 with Raid gloves, what's the best way to get gear that is higher level? Strike playlist or Court of Oryx or luck? My ghost is still 287.

I am up to take my warlock to the raid today / tomorrow. Ready at 295 light. NFs, Dailies, a few T3 CoO and I am ready.

I still have one last NF to do if you're looking for it. What time are you getting online?

Wait, you didn't get one? ;_; Are you actually not playing or did you still want to raid tonight?

Ah wish I had saw you online yesterday. Me and Due tried for like 5 hours with no luck. We got very close a few times but the time ran out with like 3 enemies left in the room :-/

We needed the DR lol

lol damn, that sucks. I know I missed connecting with more than a couple DGAF'ers, bums me out. There are sooooo many adds in that last room, it's really insane. Very cool challenge but sucks that it was such a short time thing. I assume the Spindle Attack will be nerfed to 290 next time that shows up as a Daily.

oSoLucky

I am deeply upset that I have spent so many hours wiping to Oryx with no kills to show for it. I'm looking for a group to do any part, I'll start fresh even, as long as we're going to Oryx. PSN is KC_Darkness.

Deku Tree

I still have one last NF to do if you're looking for it. What time are you getting online?

Wait, you didn't get one? ;_; Are you actually not playing or did you still want to raid tonight?

lol damn, that sucks. I know I missed connecting with more than a couple DGAF'ers, bums me out. There are sooooo many adds in that last room, it's really insane. Very cool challenge but sucks that it was such a short time thing. I assume the Spindle Attack will be nerfed to 290 next time that shows up as a Daily.

I'm up for a a NF or a Raid sometime today or later if you have room. Online now. My regular crew hasn't been able to down Oryx yet but we blast through the rest and I have alts that are raid ready.

MrDaravon

BjZO0hD.jpg

I fucking love Zone Control. Finally saw my first Mercy rule in action lol. It's also probably the most random-friendly gametype IMO. I didn't get credit towards the bounty for coming in the top 3 in a match with the Mercy rule ending though :(.

On the other hand Rift is by far the worst gametype with randoms outside of Elimination, after days I am still only at two wins in it.

ocean

Banned
it'll be the nerfed version later anyway. forget about it. there's probably more hidden guns out there.
The gun at 290 is no less appealing than at 310. Attack value is something you can get later anyways via infusion. If it had been 290 to begin with, you would have seen the same amount of people trying to get it yesterday. 18 sustained crits with no reload interruption from the highest impact sniper in the game = #1 DPS tool.

when it comes back in a week it'll absolutely still be worth going after for anyone who couldn't yesterday due to time or level or bad luck with groups.

Top Bottom