• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Playstation Exclusive Content Detailed (Trailer)

Steroyd

Actually surprised. I expected a couple weapons skins at best, not extra maps.

Now for a question, does anyone actually know how the money Sony pay for this stuff is spent? Do they pay them to make content that otherwise would just not be made or do they pay to lock ready made assets out of the other system?

Most likely locking out content on the other system, I find it hard to believe that money alone would just poof extra content into existence, especially content that's going to be there day one.

It's also very likely that instead of slipping money into their bank account, they do things like handle the advertising fees or something, if that is true, makes me a little sad that Sony doesn't put as much effort into their own games that aren't made by Naughty Dog.

icespide

Banned
No idea.

No idea. We know that stuff like Diablo 3's exclusive content are made because Sony paid for them (because all the exclusive content are Sony IP content, which will never be on Xbox no matter what anyway), but Watch_Dogs and Destiny?

My stance is guilty(lock out) until proven innocent.

we do know the destiny exclusive stuff is coming to other platforms eventually (a year later)

BokehKing

Banned
the real question is, will Sony continue to get all this exclusive content for the next 2 games

I hope so, because I'm not buying another system just because the next game has 'exclusive' content over there

Caayn

the real question is, will Sony continue to get all this exclusive content for the next 2 games

I hope so, because I'm not buying another system just because the next game has 'exclusive' content over there
How about hoping for no (timed) exclusive content at all? That we gamers get treated equally despite the platform we're playing on?

No one knows any of those things.

No idea. We know that stuff like Diablo 3's exclusive content are made because Sony paid for them (because all the exclusive content are Sony IP content, which will never be on Xbox no matter what anyway), but Watch_Dogs and Destiny?

My stance is guilty(lock out) until proven innocent.

Most likely locking out content on the other system, I find it hard to believe that money alone would just poof extra content into existence, especially content that's going to be there day one.

It's also very likely that instead of slipping money into their bank account, they do things like handle the advertising fees or something, if that is true, makes me a little sad that Sony doesn't put as much effort into their own games that aren't made by Naughty Dog.

Yeah, thought that would be the case. I'm gonna have to agree with it likely being a lock out instead since otherwise they'd be shouting about extra content being made off their money. I'd never even considered the idea of handling other fees such as advertising but that's a really solid point and would go some way to explaining the exclusive advertising rights too.

Z3M0G

As a Playstation only owner, I still hate this exclusive content stuff.

But I guess it isn't meant for me. It is meant for multi-console owners, or people who don't yet own a PS3/4.

HNNNNNNG

screenshot2014-08-27antjkk.png

Looks ugly and cheap imo

cant beat glossy black, well until glossy Silver or Dark blue gets announced

3 of my on-the-fence friends definitely loved the Beta and have preordered the white Destiny bundles. At least I have people to play with now.

Experien

According to this trailer...the PS Exclusive is a year timed exclusive on ONE multiplayer map, ONE strike, armor set for each class, and two guns.

Is that really it?

Xamdou

So those dlc weps and armor. do they proactively increase in stats as you lvl or are they just some lvl 1 beginner weps that you will cast aside as soon as you lvl up?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
According to this trailer...the PS Exclusive is a year timed exclusive on ONE multiplayer map, ONE strike, armor set for each class, and two guns.

Is that really it?

I wouldn't rule out more exclusive content from DLC as they roll it out.

Exclusive armor and stuff seems kinda weak. If anything, I would think the biggest impact would be items related to Sony's IP.

I was expecting to see a God of War reference in the armor or some The Order clothing or something. This all looks like standard stuff.

Hmmmm...Dunno know how much Sony paid up, but hopefully it was more of a mutual "we're finally on Playstation let's do something special for fans" deal. Because this all just seems kinda silly. Me getting Destiny on PS4 doesn't have anything to do with this content.

Exclusive armor and stuff seems kinda weak. If anything, I would think the biggest impact would be items related to Sony's IP.

I was expecting to see a God of War reference in the armor or some The Order clothing or something. This all looks like standard stuff.

Hmmmm...Dunno know how much Sony paid up, but hopefully it was more of a mutual "we're finally on Playstation let's do something special for fans" deal. Because this all just seems kinda silly. Me getting Destiny on PS4 doesn't have anything to do with this content.

The best thing Sony (and other DLC deals) from this is being able to market it as a PS game. With this being a new IP (like WD), they'll get it associated with the PS4. And I think the Destiny franchise is going to be massive.

I have yet to see any exclusive DLC that's actually any good.

The best thing Sony (and other DLC deals) from this is being able to market it as a PS game. With this being a new IP (like WD), they'll get it associated with the PS4. And I think the Destiny franchise is going to be massive.

I have yet to see any exclusive DLC that's actually any good.
yeah, this all seems to just be withholding content. I thought it was truly going to be ya know, special DLC that PS fans would appreciate. Not feeling this for fans of other platforms and just because it seems like money wasted. The exclusive marketing deal and bundle is enough for console association. Why doesn't Sony do cool DLC like they did with Diablo and the Clickers?

Kratos Armor
Bandages/Wrap from TLOU
A R&C or Resistance in-game Gun

Come on Sony. This is weak...

Expansion Pass. With it, you can download the two DLC packs for free.

You can't go wrong with limited edition. :)

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!

I didn't even know that!

OH CRAP! I should've preordered that version. Thanks for the heads up dude! I gotta change my preorder ASAP!

This will likely end up as extraneous and mediocre as all other exclusive content. By its very nature, it cannot be integral or necessary to the core experience.

jaosobno

Expansion Pass. With it, you can download the two DLC packs for free.

You can't go wrong with limited edition. :)

How is paying $30 extra getting something for free?

Regular game = $60
Season pass = $34
Digital Guardian Edition = $90

You save $4 if you go with Digital Guardian Edition. That's all that happens.

Top Bottom