• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Launches September 20th (PS4/XB1), lots of details leak

Do I need the other expansions in order to play this expansion??

Right now i think i only have everything up until The Taken King stuff. Have't played since house of wolves.

LifEndz

The new gjallerhorn looks like a nazi weapon from wolfenstein. Hope pre-ordering isn't the only way to get it.

Moa

Do I need the other expansions in order to play this expansion??

Right now i think i only have everything up until The Taken King stuff. Have't played since house of wolves.

Destiny, The Dark Below, House of Wolves and The Taken King.

derFeef

Now is a perfect time. Jump on in! The Xbox population is plenty strong. 💪🏼

You'll have all summer to level up a character (or three lol) and be ready for the new stuff.

Dive in, the water is lovely.

Well I bought the collectors, 50% off seems like a good deal.
Hopefully I can find some time tonight and the download will go by fast. Now to choose a class to level up with the bonus :)

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped playing last December after the release of the challenge modes. But the initial release weeks of Taken King were the greatest times of Destiny, in my opinion. The rush to 280-290 to participate in the Raid on Day One was so hype.

Really excited to jump back and get a new raid this September

Greddleok

Every strike or crucible I played it was full of Sunbreakers, Stormcallers and Nightstalkers.

Before that there was always a nice mix of the 6 subclasses. Maybe it's levelled out by now but when I was playing it was incredibly biased towards those 3.

Theorry

Every strike or crucible I played it was full of Sunbreakers, Stormcallers and Nightstalkers.

Before that there was always a nice mix of the 6 subclasses. Maybe it's levelled out by now but when I was playing it was incredibly biased towards those 3.

People playing new content. Those guys are crazy.

SpecX

Hyped as fuck after that video, but preorder to get the iron horn? So we have to pay for this? I thought future updates were free which is why we have the shit state the game is in now...

Well of coarse they were new to the game....

Nightstalkers are heavily favored for pvp do to orb making and other goodies. But there's a heathy mix for pvp. The Warlock/Titans you'll see a bit of everything.
Hyped as fuck after that video, but preorder to get the iron horn? So we have to pay for this? I thought future updates were free which is why we have the shit state the game is in now...
Live events are.

Moa

Pre-ordering unlocks a quest to get the Iron Gjallarhorn. It's likely they're bringing regular Gjallarhorn back that anyone will be able to get.

And no, not all future updates or content will be free.

Z3M0G

Is it that much to ask for new enemies? Like am I being unrealistic here?

There may be new Fallen enemy types... never know. We already got The Taken last expansion, who served as an interesting foe.

I wouldn't expect them to throw in entirely new races... perhaps in Destiny 2.

Number45

Well I bought the collectors, 50% off seems like a good deal.
Hopefully I can find some time tonight and the download will go by fast. Now to choose a class to level up with the bonus :)
Just temper your expectation of what that boost actually gives you. The journey to 1-40 is less than half (significantly less than half? I think so, but it's been a while) of the actual character levelling process.

You might want to start from scratch on your first character if you've not played the game before.

EDIT:
Titan for life

derFeef

Just temper your expectation of what that boost actually gives you. The journey to 1-40 is less than half (significantly? I think so, but it's been a while) of the actual character levelling process.

You might want to start from scratch on your first character if you've not played the game before.

EDIT:
Titan for life

I actually have a lvl8 Titan from when the game launched and traded it back in. I guess I will save the boost for a second character. Maybe.

Greddleok

Well of coarse they were new to the game....

Nightstalkers are heavily favored for pvp do to orb making and other goodies. But there's a heathy mix for pvp. The Warlock/Titans you'll see a bit of everything.

Obviously...doesn't mean I liked it! As I said, I'm sure it's evened out by now.

Number45

But Defender Titan with Saint-14 is perfect.
Agreed:

R5TF15A.png

Excuse the terrible screen grab from bungie.net

Lgndryhr

This game has become my fall game I go back to for a month or two now.

Played a lot during beta. I was there day 1 with vanilla and played what felt like a lot, but no where near some of the other players. Took a break due to tired of the same song and friends started dropping it. Came back for the DLC since I bought the season pass day 1, but didn't stay long. Was a game I'd play on and off. Then took a long break and came back when I bought TTK day one. Played that a month or two. Dropped Destiny since and hesitant to come back again. It is a weird relationship I have with Destiny. I like it and don't. I guess it is my social game or "CoD"-like game now.

Theorry

This game has become my fall game I go back to for a month or two now.

Played a lot during beta. I was there day 1 with vanilla and played what felt like a lot, but no where near some of the other players. Took a break due to tired of the same song and friends started dropping it. Came back for the DLC since I bought the season pass day 1, but didn't stay long. Was a game I'd play on and off. Then took a long break and came back when I bought TTK day one. Played that a month or two. Dropped Destiny since and hesitant to come back again. It is a weird relationship I have with Destiny. I like it and don't. I guess it is my social game or "CoD"-like game now.

Its a very normal way to play. There is some misconception that you need to play every day for 6 months or so. And then people say there isnt enough content. If you do that with every game you gonna hit the limit at one point. Bungie said they learned that also. People take breaks with these kind of games and people come back. Its totally fine

Number45

What's that armor set and Mark?
The mark is the DO exotic, my armour is a bit of a mish-mash at the moment. Can't sign in on bungie.net right now, I'll link my profile when I can. Shader is Queen's Web and I have blue chroma where I can use it.

Top Bottom