• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 101 Trailer, editions detailed, season pass ($30?)

Continues to look excellent. As nice as the steelbook and art book look, I think I'll pass on the CE and just stick to the game. Need to make sure I finish some stuff before this releases.

SJRB

Gold Member
Bring back Sarif!

0b4hA4d.jpg

I'm still rocking this shirt from time to time. Still one of the most amazing logos ever created.

Glass

0b4hA4d.jpg

I'm still rocking this shirt from time to time. Still one of the most amazing logos ever created.

I always wanted the Belltower (the security company) t shirt but missed my chance. Love the designs coming out of this universe.

18j1lu3qsovk8jpg.jpg

tci

Getting some OG Deus Ex vibes. Great trailer. Glad they showed your options. Music continues to be godly.

I knew I was excited prior but after this trailer, it has cemented its place as most anticipated game of 2016 pour moi.
I haven't picked up a collectors edition since Second Son but I'll be getting this one.

I wonder how they will explain away the clusterfuck of HR's ending.

Still, I have high hopes.

It'll be a blend of all three. I'm totally fine with this, it fits in with the tone of the universe and I prefer more Adam to simply throwing us into another star system where nothing matters.

d00d3n

I was worried that the trailer would spoil a lot, but it felt pretty balanced in that regard. I am super hyped for the game.

Btw, that was console graphics, right?

Mivey

Btw, that was console graphics, right?
The surfaces look much simpler, but, in a sense, also more believable: I can actually see this running on 2013 Laptop cards. I guess they might save some of the old renderer for the PC version, but might just be too expensive. I still think it looks nice though, and I dont play a Deus Ex ( the first one looked bland, even for 2001) game for the graphics, so not too bothered.

There is always one! Wtf was so bad about the ending then, enlighten us.

All that build up and mystery is transformed into: "Here are four buttons, each starts a cinematic that is more idiotic than the last. Pick one."

Comes out of nowhere and doesn't really resolve anything.

/snip
Still one of the most amazing logos ever created.
I always wanted the Belltower (the security company) t shirt but missed my chance. Love the designs coming out of this universe.
/snip
always been a big fan of the company logos too
especially fond of Lucky Dot, Tai Yong Medical, Motkun, Belltower Security, and Connaught Technologies

corporate Deus Ex is my favorite part of Deus Ex.

the whole corporate espionage of Sarif Industries by Tai Yong Medical before the plot thickens was up there with my favorite sections of the original Deus Ex.

Hot damn.

Those gorgeous cityscapes and the ME-like soundtrack, my hype is hitting critical levels.

I do appreciate the devs showing off both an aggressive and stealth approach.

GavinUK86

All that build up and mystery is transformed into: "Here are four buttons, each starts a cinematic that is more idiotic than the last. Pick one."

Comes out of nowhere and doesn't really resolve anything.

You must've never played a Deus Ex game before.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Another reminder that this is my most anticipated game of 2016. Looks amazing, with fantastic music to boot.

cHinzo

So hyped for this game. HR was my first Deus Ex game and it was absolutely wonderful. I like having so many different options to clear a level. I did think it was kinda stupid how u get more experience when going non lethal and stealth. Didn't really provide an incentive to play the game in any other way than stealth, since you end up with less praxis points... I hope the revolver with explosive ammo makes a comeback. That was one awesome to use.

#bringbackpiss

Less cyberpunky without it
I liked the piss filter... or as i prefer to think of it, the golden filter :O always thought it was kinda cool imagery that Jensen -> Denton could be represented by gold -> blue... so as Human Revolution's sequels get closer to original Deus Ex, the imagery of the game becomes less gold and more blue... locations or story themes that are more about augs = gold; more about humanity = blue... augs = gold, while nano-augs = blue... the sort of augmentation corporatism of DXHR is gold while the more philosophical DX is blue... DXHR being inspired by renaissance period = golden; DX by the enlightenment period = blue ... i'm not sure, i'm just throwing out random parallels.

but with the classic Deus Ex art being blue-ish and in general NY/Unatco perhaps being a bit gray/blue, while DXHR is very golden (and slowly using less 'gold' for cutscenes about humanity, e.g. the terrorist attack in the first Mankind Divided trailer is very blue and gray, while the 'aug radicals' scene is golden), they could sort of build in the gold vs blue.... gold (corps), no filter (public), blue (illuminati) or at least gold filter for augs; no filter for humanity; blue filter for nano-augs to create some cool thematic imagery for the universe.

Aces&Eights

Lawd, that soundtrack is so good. I want to be playing it as I sit in my apartment and contemplate the great events in my life.

My groin is augmented.

I liked DXHR, but I think the marketing campaign was what made it in my eyes. This...well, it'd be pretty much more of the same.

Stealth run as always, with a tricked out handgun I will never use and have 10 blocks of ammo for by the end of the game.

Walpurgis

Banned
Am I going crazy or are season passes getting more expensive?

Madness...

This gen indie games have gone from a base of $15 to $20 and season passes have gone from a base of $20 to $30, and in both cases there has been no perceptible benefit to the consumer. They do it because they can.

But seriously I'm almost 33% sure that they improved the lip syncing on Jensen. His face doesn't look nearly as stiff as it usually does.

It almost looks out of character how much his face was moving because I'm not used to that.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I felt like this trailer was quite lame. Didn't make me hyped as DE:HR trailers did.

Well this is a 101 trailer to introduce you to mechanics and the world.

They already released a cinimatic trailer much like the original HR CGI trailer.

However the original HR CGI trailer can't be beat. Probably the best CGI trailer ever.

Top Bottom