• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 3 10th Anniversary | Better late than Cuhraizy!

Remember watching game videos of this on gamespot before release.. And rewatching the e3 trailer over and over again.. good times. I'm so glad I get to feel equivalent to the same amount of hype for the upcoming release of DMC4:Se. Good times ahead..

Sephzilla

I actually remember not being super hyped for DMC3 at first, but that was because I had the bad taste of DMC2 still in my mouth.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I actually remember not being super hyped for DMC3 at first, but that was because I had the bad taste of DMC2 still in my mouth.

Actually, same. The lukewarm reception of DMC2 really made it hard to get excited for DMC3 unless you were following the media surrounding it. It wasn't until I played it at a friend's place after release that I became completely and utterly hooked.

I didn't even know it was out. I was just downtown one day, saw it, bought it, played it and loved it. I loved the original, but only rented 2, so I was out of the loop on all things DMC for a good few years. Hell, I remember reading a gaming mag about a year or so after DMC3s release stating "We now know for a fact DMC3 is coming over to Europe." I was like "wha?" Turned out to be the Special Edition obviously.

BasilZero

Bought it day 1 for ps2

Was my first rated m game too!

I wish the pc ver had been a better port ;(

At least I can play the hd version on my PS3!

Arttemis

I bought DMC3 the week it came out, fucking loved it, and I remember when the box set came out so soon afterward. I initially dismissed it because I'd played the first, but when my friends at my community college told me about the upgrades, additions, and alterations, I immediately double dipped and started over. I had already capped out the save timer of 99 hours 99 minutes on the vanilla version (probably around 300) before even starting on the SE.

Sesha

Hmm, I'll test it out when I get home. I could be misremembering, but it was a pretty common complaint regarding off-screen attacks in DMC3, which is why they ended up making the adjustment in DMC4. This also unfortunately made it easier to manipulate Bloody Palace because you could swing the camera around to non-aggro enemies.

It should be easy to test with enemies like Enigmas. It's not a big deal, but little things like this bug me. :p

Please do. I haven't tested it against every enemy stringently, so it might be that some enemies are the exception. Soul Eaters, might be one.

Actually, same. The lukewarm reception of DMC2 really made it hard to get excited for DMC3 unless you were following the media surrounding it. It wasn't until I played it at a friend's place after release that I became completely and utterly hooked.

I remember seeing a couple of magazine scans on GameFAQs in March 04, I think. I was swept up in the DMC3 hype train on GameFAQs after the E3 trailer dropped.

Tuffty

The game will never stop being enjoyable for me. I can accept the fact that I will never fully master it (I suck at Royal Guard) but I appreciate the fact that it's deep and rewarding enough for me to experiment with different styles or weapons and I know I'll have a good time.

It also tells the best story in the series and indeed the genre (wouldn't be hard admittedly) and I love the presentation and the style it has. I never skip the opening cutscene for Mission 8, it's just so good and gets me hyped every time I see it. Like that moment where Dante swings the sword and you can hear it cut through the air as it syncs with the music. Ugh, too good.

Excuse me while I go play it some more now to celebrate.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I still remember that my first experience with DMC3. Some close college friends were playing it and were stuck on Agni & Rudra. We all took turns trying to take them down, discussing strategies with each other. After we beat them, the owner of the game let us start a fresh game because he wanted to show us the amazing intro. It blew our collective minds.

DMC3 is probably my most played game ever. Hundreds of hours sunk into DMC3, and hundreds of hours in DMC3SE. I recently just platinumed DMC3HD on PS3 for fun.

Enemies also don't start their attacks off screen in DMC3. It's part of the reason why getting hit feels fair. People also abuse this in Bloody Palace. Soul Eaters may look like they attack offscreen. It's just that they begin their three part attack on screen. Same goes for Enigmas who can start charging then slide away off the screen.

I just replayed it on PC a couple of weeks ago. One of, if not the, best games of all time. It's so good, I can just boot it up at any time, pick a boss or level, and have a blast.

Akiller

acdbaf3f3f.png

https://twitter.com/tomqe/status/572779223833710592

Looks like he noticed our tweets!:D

Meia

I forgot to post one of the most hype trailers ever. I must have seen this trailer more than 50 times by now.

DMC3 E3 2004

This is probably one of my favorite game trailers ever. It just felt like a music video with how well everything went together, especially with the song. Names of new moves popping up as Dante performs them, few cinematic bits here and there, just put together really well.

After going through the hardest difficulty of DMC1, I only got halfway through one playthrough of this before putting it down. I've had the collection for a bit, think it's time I did the game justice. :p

oni-link

The game is probably about 10 hours on your first playthrough, I'd say. More depending on how much you take your time and how long it takes you to figure out certain puzzles. It's longer than DMC1 for sure.

To piggyback on Sesha's post, you should already have some of a grasp of weapon switching from playing Bayonetta, but get used to using the style button. I'm personally an advocate of yellow orb mode for your first playthrough.

Remember that you can recenter the camera by pressing in right thumbstick. As long as you do this regularly, the camera shouldn't really pose too much of a problem. You also don't have to be locked on at all times. You lock-on often and when necessary. LISTEN for sound cues. The game is designed where every enemy has a "tell" before they attack. This is deliberate and is intended to aid you in crowd control.

Save before every boss fight. You'll keep your orbs and items if you die.

Trickster is a style focused on mobility, suited for beginners. It provides you with a very useful dodge button with plenty of i-frames. You can cancel most attacks straight into the dodge. Something to keep in mind- your beginning jump animation frames are invincibility frames. A lot of people don't know this when they start, but it makes a world of difference. If you time it right, you can jump through most attacks. This, coupled with SkyStar, (invincible airdash with lvl 2 Trickster) makes Dante nearly untouchable.

Playing through the game once, you should get enough XP to max one style and level up another to level 2, so plan accordingly.

Crazy Combos like Million Stab are the easiest way to build Style meter (the moves where you mash and see a flash when they come out. Mash harder for more hits). Be sure to weapon switch mid combo and mix up your types of attacks.

Certain enemies and bosses have elemental weaknesses. You can tell because there's usually a visual indicator (they catch on fire, ice crystals appear, etc.), it does more damage, and it creates more stun.

There's no better place to ask questions than here as you're progressing through the game.

Finally got round to starting this today, I already like it more then the first game, the combat feels so good

I'm just past the Ice Dog fight, and found both that and the earlier boss with the grim reaper like creature quite hard, it took me a few attempts to get them both down

I leveled up my shotgun as I found that the most useful weapon in DMC1 though the pistols seem quite good so far in DMC3

Love the cutscenes so far, they're so absurd and the part where he shoots the snooker balls made me laugh out loud

I'm gonna stick to trickster for a while I think, I also went with Gold not Yellow at the start of the game, and opted not to drop the game to Easy when it offered it to me after a few deaths

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Huh, just saw this thread. I really should play through the game again -- only played through Vanilla once. I loved it, of course, but never went back, even when I bought SE.

I forgot to post one of the most hype trailers ever. I must have seen this trailer more than 50 times by now.

DMC3 E3 2004

I watched that trailer so many times, and it's still awesome. This basically summarizes why Gen 6 was so awesome for gaming.

Carbonox

Surprised I never spotted this thread until now. Probably the best action game ever made. Sensational stuff.

The E3 trailer blew my fucking mind. My response was pretty much

H02Ma1J.gif

The music (LOVE the main song)
The combat
The story (surprisingly good)
The cast
The weapons

THE BUDO

RyzeWiR.gif

2015 is the year of the DMC.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Finally got round to starting this today, I already like it more then the first game, the combat feels so good

I'm just past the Ice Dog fight, and found both that and the earlier boss with the grim reaper like creature quite hard, it took me a few attempts to get them both down

I leveled up my shotgun as I found that the most useful weapon in DMC1 though the pistols seem quite good so far in DMC3

Love the cutscenes so far, they're so absurd and the part where he shoots the snooker balls made me laugh out loud

I'm gonna stick to trickster for a while I think, I also went with Gold not Yellow at the start of the game, and opted not to drop the game to Easy when it offered it to me after a few deaths

Glad you're enjoying it! And also really glad you opted to not go down to easy.

You're probably better off upgrading guns a little later unless you use Gunslinger. Most guns in general are weaker in DMC3 than both the DMC1 and DMC2 counterparts unless you use that Style. Absolute must haves at the start are Stinger and Stinger lvl 2 for Rebellion. It should pretty much always be your first purchase. It helps close distance, provides knockback/stun, and is just a great overall general purpose move. Now that you have Cerberus, Revolver lvl 2 is really solid as well for parrying. You'll be getting plenty of new melee weapons pretty soon, so you might want to save some orbs for those. Also, it never hurts to grab a Blue Orb from the shop.

As long as you save before every boss fight, you should have plenty of orbs for upgrades.

Trickster is a great starting style, so it's smart to stick with it. It really opens up at level 2.

2015 is the year of the DMC.

This I can get behind! DmC:DE, DMC4SE, that DMC artbook and a DMC5 announcement (I still believe). It's hard to believe we've had nothing but cameos, an appearance in a fighting game and one failed reboot these last 7 years, and now we've got two games coming out in one year with hints of another on the horizon.

oni-link

Glad you're enjoying it! And also really glad you opted to not go down to easy.

You're probably better off upgrading guns a little later unless you use Gunslinger. Most guns in general are weaker in DMC3 than both the DMC1 and DMC2 counterparts unless you use that Style. Absolute must haves at the start are Stinger and Stinger lvl 2 for Rebellion. It should pretty much always be your first purchase. It helps close distance, provides knockback/stun, and is just a great overall general purpose move. Now that you have Cerberus, Revolver lvl 2 is really solid as well for parrying. You'll be getting plenty of new melee weapons pretty soon, so you might want to save some orbs for those. Also, it never hurts to grab a Blue Orb from the shop.

As long as you save before every boss fight, you should have plenty of orbs for upgrades.

Trickster is a great starting style, so it's smart to stick with it. It really opens up at level 2.

Played a little more today, only on mission 5 but so far its not been too hard

The flying centipede boss was kind of annoying until i realised sometimes hitting circle makes Dante jump to stuff (though I don't understand wall running as he always seems to stop randomly and jump off at the end, normally off a ledge)

The joker boss was fun, and I grabbed stringer level 1 and 2, still need to get my head around timing attacks to change the combos, I'm going into stinger too much now by hitting triangle too fast

Im annoyed the HD version is a rare console game that lets you rebind the controls, but it won't let me invert the camera (though the camera controls barely seem to work anyway)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Played a little more today, only on mission 5 but so far its not been too hard

The flying centipede boss was kind of annoying until i realised sometimes hitting circle makes Dante jump to stuff (though I don't understand wall running as he always seems to stop randomly and jump off at the end, normally off a ledge)

The joker boss was fun, and I grabbed stringer level 1 and 2, still need to get my head around timing attacks to change the combos, I'm going into stinger too much now by hitting triangle too fast

Im annoyed the HD version is a rare console game that lets you rebind the controls, but it won't let me invert the camera (though the camera controls barely seem to work anyway)

Since you're in Trickster, Circle is mapped to the Trickster Dash. If you Trickster Dash(or Stinger) off of a ledge, Dante will leap forward off the edge a great distance. Wall running is always a set distance. You press Circle when pressing against a wall. If you face Dante directly against the wall, he will run straight up. If you face him at an angle while jumping, he will run across the wall. It has limited usefulness in beginner play, so you probably won't be using it much. You've already beaten him, but Gigapede is weak to Ice, his weak point is his head, you can land on top of him, and you can reflect his purple projectiles back at him by hitting them when your weapon (Cerberus Revolver works particularly well).

For timing your attacks, and looking for the pause, it might help to watch Dante's attack animations. Don't mash! For example. Let's say you're using Cerberus. If you tap Triangle once, Dante will swing the nunchuk up and then it will return to position, it almost looks like two swings. If you want the timing for the pause, wait for the nunchuk to return to its original position before hitting Triangle again. It's basically one full second between button presses.

For the camera, get used to clicking the right thumbstick to recenter the camera behind Dante. This is the best way to manipulate the camera by far. You can also do this when locking on.

oni-link

Played a little more, mission 5, 6 and 7 anyway

I'm not sure how this is a 6-10 hour game, i'm over 4 hours in and have only just faced Virgil for the first time

Firstly, I hate the flying dragon/bird things, they take ages to kill and keep multiplying, I'm shotgunning them and smashing them when they turn to stone but they still take an age to kill

The boss where you fight the two guys at once was brutal, and goes against gaming logic by being harder if you kill one of them first, so after 6 or 7 times of being destroyed, I got their patten down and killed them basically within seconds of each other, in the end I found it a really good boss fight, but it was by far the hardest part to that point

Mission 6 or 7 was annoying as hell, and long, the trials one was fine, but then the next one is long as fuck and has those coffin wielding rocket launcher guys that are a pain. The room with the spiked ball and then waves of them took me about 30mins, and I used a gold thing to respawn and then died because the game didn't really explain that very well other than "pick yellow or gold with no context" at the start of the game

I take it save the gold things for later bosses and then it will let you continue anyway when you die? I was just scared of having to go back to mission start of I said 'no' when prompted to use the gold thing

That's my biggest issue with the game, the pacing, long levels are fine, but don't stick a really hard boss at the end of it, then I'm pretty much forced to commit more time than I wanted to beat the boss now, or give up and have to replay a load of stuff just to get to the boss again. More annoyingly the game lets you save at anytime, but loading the save always just points you back at the start of the mission, so what is the point of saving mid mission?

Anyway, then we come to Virgil, this was a great boss fight, though not as hard as I'd been led to believe, I got him on my 4th try, I'd just attack till he parried, then dashed behind him, and slashed him in the back while he did his combo, and once I had that down he wasn't much of a problem, if he deviated from that I'd dodge like crazy until I could lure him into a parry again

I'm really enjoying it so far anyway, just as I'm busy and know I need to beat an entire mission in one go to make progress, It's hard to find enough time to commit to playing it, so it might take me a few more weeks to beat it

Dahbomb

Are you sure you are playing Gold mode checkpoint? If you die in Gold mode checkpoint then you spawn at a close by checkpoint especially for bosses. You don't start at the beginning unless you are on a yellow checkpoint system.

And that's only the first Vergil boss fight...

oni-link

Are you sure you are playing Gold mode checkpoint? If you die in Gold mode checkpoint then you spawn at a close by checkpoint especially for bosses. You don't start at the beginning unless you are on a yellow checkpoint system.

And that's only the first Vergil boss fight...

I'm def on gold, I mean I got a gold item and was asked if I wanted to use it when I died

I said yes because I wasn't sure if saying no would send me to the back of the mission

Normally when I die, if I hit continue I go back to the room before

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Played a little more, mission 5, 6 and 7 anyway

I'm not sure how this is a 6-10 hour game, i'm over 4 hours in and have only just faced Virgil for the first time

It's more like 15 hours the first time through. 5 hours is if you speed through the game and know where everything is.

Firstly, I hate the flying dragon/bird things, they take ages to kill and keep multiplying, I'm shotgunning them and smashing them when they turn to stone but they still take an age to kill

You can continuously shoot them while they're in stone mode and they'll STAY in stone mode. You need to be attacking them faster than you are. Use Stinger to close distance, pepper them with gunshots in between attacks. Obviously, if you melee attack them while they're not in stone mode, they split into more enemies. Only melee attack them when they're in stone mode.

The boss where you fight the two guys at once was brutal, and goes against gaming logic by being harder if you kill one of them first, so after 6 or 7 times of being destroyed, I got their patten down and killed them basically within seconds of each other, in the end I found it a really good boss fight, but it was by far the hardest part to that point

Agni and Rudra are tough for sure. They're one of the first big roadblocks that new players face when going through the first time. You're not alone. And I actually found it refreshing that the boss becomes HARDER when you focus on a single one of them. It forces you to strategize. It would have been much easier and lamer to design a boss where they both just stay the same when one of them dies.

Mission 6 or 7 was annoying as hell, and long, the trials one was fine, but then the next one is long as fuck and has those coffin wielding rocket launcher guys that are a pain. The room with the spiked ball and then waves of them took me about 30mins, and I used a gold thing to respawn and then died because the game didn't really explain that very well other than "pick yellow or gold with no context" at the start of the game

I take it save the gold things for later bosses and then it will let you continue anyway when you die? I was just scared of having to go back to mission start of I said 'no' when prompted to use the gold thing

OKAY, so Gold Orbs respawn you right where you died immediately. They basically are an extra "LIFE". If you decide to use it, you'll respawn on spot with full health. If you continue, you won't use a Gold Orb and you'll just return to the last checkpoint.

Saving (which you should be doing) saves all orbs you've accumulated to this point. This way, even if you die, you still retain all XP essentially for your second attempt for upgrades.

That's my biggest issue with the game, the pacing, long levels are fine, but don't stick a really hard boss at the end of it, then I'm pretty much forced to commit more time than I wanted to beat the boss now, or give up and have to replay a load of stuff just to get to the boss again. More annoyingly the game lets you save at anytime, but loading the save always just points you back at the start of the mission, so what is the point of saving mid mission?

Utilization of the continue system should remedy this for you.

Anyway, then we come to Virgil, this was a great boss fight, though not as hard as I'd been led to believe, I got him on my 4th try, I'd just attack till he parried, then dashed behind him, and slashed him in the back while he did his combo, and once I had that down he wasn't much of a problem, if he deviated from that I'd dodge like crazy until I could lure him into a parry again

I'm really enjoying it so far anyway, just as I'm busy and know I need to beat an entire mission in one go to make progress, It's hard to find enough time to commit to playing it, so it might take me a few more weeks to beat it

Hopefully now that you know you can save and use continues, you'll be able to get through the game much easier and it won't be the time commitment it has been for you.

Vergil basically is designed to punish mashers. A lot of people get to that point while just hammering on buttons repeatedly, but he makes you actually think on your approach, be patient, and wait.

oni-link

Saving (which you should be doing) saves all orbs you've accumulated to this point. This way, even if you die, you still retain all XP essentially for your second attempt for upgrades.

I do save it before I turn the game off, but when I load the save it puts me back to the mission start, not the last checkpoint in the mission

For example if I get 5 rooms into a mission and die, then continue, it puts me outside the room I died. Now if I saved the game there and quit, when I reload that save, I'm back at the mission start

Even if I have all my orbs, I still need to beat all the stuff I did before, all over again, so to actually make tangible progress you need to sit down and beat an entire mission in one session to actually be allowed to hard save in the menu between missions

This is fine and all, but because the missions are sometimes 15mins long, sometimes 45mins long, and I'm sure some will take me longer when I hit roadblocks, It means I can only really play the game when I have a few hours in a row to give to it, if I want to be sure I'm not going to play for an hour and have nothing but orbs to show for it

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I do save it before I turn the game off, but when I load the save it puts me back to the mission start, not the last checkpoint in the mission

For example if I get 5 rooms into a mission and die, then continue, it puts me outside the room I died. Now if I saved the game there and quit, when I reload that save, I'm back at the mission start

Even if I have all my orbs, I still need to beat all the stuff I did before, all over again, so to actually make tangible progress you need to sit down and beat an entire mission in one session to actually be allowed to hard save in the menu between missions

This is fine and all, but because the missions are sometimes 15mins long, sometimes 45mins long, and I'm sure some will take me longer when I hit roadblocks, It means I can only really play the game when I have a few hours in a row to give to it, if I want to be sure I'm not going to play for an hour and have nothing but orbs to show for it

Nothing but orbs is a bit of an understatement. Dante is defined by his moves, and one additional move or Blue orb or Purple orb can make a fight significantly easier. You should be saving to keep your orbs. It's still progress. Orbs are everything. And you're also leveling up your style behind the scenes. I don't know if you're at Trickster level 2 yet, but saving ensures you keep the XP you earn to get there.

The missions aren't that long. They take a long time to go through the first time because you're figuring things out and looking where to go. I guarantee you that if you turned the system off and return the next day, the entire mission leading up to the boss would take a fraction of the time it initially took you. It's very Souls-esque in that sense. Also, if you're going through a second time? You can skip fights if there's no Red Hand Door blocking your way.

oni-link

Nothing but orbs is a bit of an understatement. Dante is defined by his moves, and one additional move or Blue orb or Purple orb can make a fight significantly easier. You should be saving to keep your orbs. It's still progress.

The missions aren't that long. They take a long time to go through the first time because you're figuring things out and looking where to go. I guarantee you that if you turned the system off and return the next day, the entire mission leading up to the boss would take a fraction of the time it initially took you. It's very Souls-esque in that sense. Also, if you're going through a second time? You can skip fights if there's no Red Hand Door blocking your way.

Yeah it's not a huge issue, but because I don't have unlimited time for gaming I feel frustrated if I play and don't make any "progress"

Can you basically farm/grind orbs and other items then?

I'm at level 2 for trickster and I have stinger 1 and 2, and Air Hike, and a shotgun upgrade, but that's it

Maybe I should try a different style

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah it's not a huge issue, but because I don't have unlimited time for gaming I feel frustrated if I play and don't make any "progress"

Can you basically farm/grind orbs and other items then?

I'm at level 2 for trickster and I have stinger 1 and 2, and Air Hike, and a shotgun upgrade, but that's it

Maybe I should try a different style

At this point, you definitely can use more stuff. You can upgrade Agni and Rudra with Whirlwind and JetStream lvl1-3. You can get Revolver for Cerberus.

You can farm earlier missions as much as you want for orbs if you need to. If you don't have a lot of time to play, you could just decide to play Mission 2 or something for fun and save afterwards to keep the orbs. The game is design so you don't need to do this, but it's an option.

Trickster level 2 really opens up with the airdash called SkyStar. It has invincibility through the entire airdash, so use this to your advantage. Sometimes, instead of just dodging out of the way, it's much better to just jump and airdash away for the increased horizontal distance, i-frames, and better recovery.

Other Styles can be harder to use for some beginners because you lose the dash and mobility, but you should definitely toy around with them to see if you like them. Swordmaster is a natural next step. Gunslinger is pretty advanced, and Royal Guard revolves around parries.

Remember that you can look at all of your combos and move options through the library menu. Just press the directional pad in a certain direction, I think down? But you can navigate and see what move options Dante has learned that you might not be utilizing.

oni-link

At this point, you definitely can use more stuff. You can upgrade Agni and Rudra with Whirlwind and JetStream lvl1-3. You can get Revolver for Cerberus.

You can farm earlier missions as much as you want for orbs if you need to. If you don't have a lot of time to play, you could just decide to play Mission 2 or something for fun and save afterwards to keep the orbs. The game is design so you don't need to do this, but it's an option.

Trickster level 2 really opens up with the airdash called SkyStar. It has invincibility through the entire airdash, so use this to your advantage. Sometimes, instead of just dodging out of the way, it's much better to just jump and airdash away for the increased horizontal distance, i-frames, and better recovery.

Other Styles can be harder to use for some beginners because you lose the dash and mobility, but you should definitely toy around with them to see if you like them. Swordmaster is a natural next step. Gunslinger is pretty advanced, and Royal Guard revolves around parries.

Remember that you can look at all of your combos and move options through the library menu. Just press the directional pad in a certain direction, I think down? But you can navigate and see what move options Dante has learned that you might not be utilizing.

Oh God, Nevan was a nightmare, I must have spent an hour trying to kill her, it was made all the worse by her telegraphing all her moves, but I kept getting hit, then when I made it to the end she out of no where drains my life and I die, took me 3 more attempts to get her to that stage before managing to end her life

I think that was mission 10, is there 23 or 24 like in the first game? I think I'm 6 hours in now (which is what the first game took me to beat)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh God, Nevan was a nightmare, I must have spent an hour trying to kill her, it was made all the worse by her telegraphing all her moves, but I kept getting hit, then when I made it to the end she out of no where drains my life and I die, took me 3 more attempts to get her to that stage before managing to end her life

I think that was mission 10, is there 23 or 24 like in the first game? I think I'm 6 hours in now (which is what the first game took me to beat)

The entire game is 20 missions, though the later missions are a little shorter in general.

FYI, you can actually Devil Trigger and instantly break out of that Nevan grab if necessary.

Akiller

Hey guys ,almost forgot, today is European DMC3 10th Anniversary!(24th march 2005-24 march 2015)

I can't forget the day i got it, it was during its release week, I was so young (12 years-old). DMC3 was the game that "marked" my videogame preferences, that is stylish action, action-adventure are indeed my favorite genres.

AlexBasch

The entire game is 20 missions, though the later missions are a little shorter in general.

FYI, you can actually Devil Trigger and instantly break out of that Nevan grab if necessary.
Whaaat, I have eaten that grab so many goddamn times. ):

Missed the thread, finished DMC3HD (played the originals back in PS2 but never finished it) after beating 4 and yes, this is the best one.

I used Royal Guard. Was a pain in the ass sometimes and got myself killed the hell out, but once I figured it out, it felt like Dante was goddamn Neo.

Great game.

Klossen

Banned
DMC3 separated the boys from the men. Had a friend who used cheat codes. I was very dissapointed in his lack of motivation since DMC3 is absolutely a thrilling game to master. One that you can replay for hundreds of hours solely on the merits of the core gameplay alone.

A game that completely masters the elements it attempts to portray. It never does more or less than what it wants. And what comes out is a game classic, one that has set new standards for the action adventure genre. Or in other words, this game is pretty crazy.

I remember this game's E3 2004 trailer as being the one thing that made me realize how fucked I was for not having a PS2 during that generation.

Not Metal Gear.

Not Jak.

Not Kingdom Hearts.

Not Final Fantasy.

Not Megaman X8.
(I was young, dumb, and very easily excited for games in my favorite franchises, don't start)

Not [insert legendary title that happened on PS2]

This fucking game.

100% agreed. This trailer made me get the first two, and was hooked. I can see why a whole lot of people hated 2.

Top Bottom